What's new

Tayto Park | Cú Chulainn Coaster | Gravity Group

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster
Re: New coaster for Ireland....

Knowing that this thing, is going to be big, I would say this should be a GG ride, but it could always be a RMC, and I noticed they said, it was going to be from America.

BBH

Giga Poster

The article somewhat eluded to prefabricated track, which would lead me to believe that RMC would be behind the project.

Darren B

Giga Poster

The park isn't on RCDB so it obviously doesn't have a cred yet.

To add the 3rd largest coaster in Europe is absolutely ridiculous! (The article didn't take into account Shambhala?). If this happens it will surely be the biggest shock the community has ever seen.

EthC

Mega Poster

I think the article meant 2nd biggest woodie in europe, as from my memory the only bigger woodie in length is colossos. Correct me if im wrong.

Just looked at RCDB i was wrong It will be longer then Colossos, but shorter then Coaster Express at parque warner madrid by 100 or so ft

Darren B

Giga Poster

EthC said:
I think the article meant 2nd biggest woodie in europe, as from my memory the only bigger woodie in length is colossos. Correct me if im wrong.

I think the article is a little misleading as they speak about the dimensions of Silver Star being the only one bigger than this coaster.

EthC

Mega Poster

Darren B said:
EthC said:

I think the article is a little misleading as they speak about the dimensions of Silver Star being the only one bigger than this coaster.

I thought of Wodan but yes never the less it is abit stupid.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Ehrmahgerd that'd be faaabbb <3

Bout time that stupid country sorted it's life out an started getting some creds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Good for Ireland! They really deserve some quality coasters IMO.

BBH said:
The article somewhat eluded to prefabricated track, which would lead me to believe that RMC would be behind the project.

In November Vekoma was selected to be the partner of choice to RMC, and they are now selling RMC in Europe and Asia. Until this RMC coasters have been unavailable to the market outside of North America.

Considering this just happened, I would think this ride is not from RMC.

Intricks

Strata Poster

104ft tall, 24 people per train and 4600ft in length?

Sounds like GCI most likely, with GG being a close second.

EthC

Mega Poster

Intricks said:

Its says 2, 12 person trains on the news report but I agree I think it will be GCI, as White Lightning at Fun Spot also has 2, 12 person trains, so GCI would know how to work with them. Very exciting though, I need a reason to go to Ireland :p

Jamesss

Hyper Poster

Very interesting news! I think we'll all be hoping this does actually happen. By the sounds of it the coaster is already well into the planning stages which is a good sign - though the 12 persons trains make me think perhaps this won't be as big as the article is suggesting. Still, will be a great reason to make the journey out to Ireland!

Intricks

Strata Poster

EthC said:
Intricks said:

Its says 2, 12 person trains on the news report but I agree I think it will be GCI, as White Lightning at Fun Spot also has 2, 12 person trains, so GCI would know how to work with them. Very exciting though, I need a reason to go to Ireland :p

Ah, my bad.

Lofty

CF Legend

Lets see if it passes planning permission. Interesting to say the least.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Great news. Hope it is a GCI. That close to Dublin means it'd make a nice little weekend away.

Is no one else pissing themselves at it being called Tayto Park and themed to crisps! I just keep saying it in an Irish accent round and round in my head!

nadroJ

CF Legend

Tayto crisps are actually fab too. And their mascot is a giant potato:

tayto_512x288.jpg

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster

I think it's interesting that its gonna be such a long ride yet it's not that tall. Ill be interested in seeing how fast it goes. oh and when they say one of the BIGGEST woodie in Europe, I feel like that's misleading. It's one of the LONGEST woodies in Europe.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster

Looking on google maps/streetview it's opposite some factiories- including "Tayto" - so I'm guessing there's some connection