What's new

Tayto Park | Cú Chulainn Coaster | Gravity Group

Re: New coaster for Ireland....

Mysterious Sue said:
Summer 2015...We'd better book some flights!
As soon as there's a date released i'm booking a day trip, can't wait for this.

Such fab news, yet another place to go this year! This year is shaping up nicely.

Ohhhh so still on for this year, colour me interested...

Any inkling on potential opening dates Ian?

Nemesis Inferno said:
Ohhhh so still on for this year, colour me interested...

Any inkling on potential opening dates Ian?
No, not yet. The moment I know them, I'll book my flights and then tell everybody else <3

Couple of images for you.
B9AS-d2IYAIsPGO.jpg

B9AS_k1IgAAfYUX.jpg

B9ATAMiIgAEz1kI.jpg

YES!!! What a way to put your self on the theme park map, anybody want to go to Ireland this year by any chance? ;) :D

^I'm assuming as soon as dates are announced there'll be a topic in Trip Planning ;]

I'm so excited for this! Irish Mythology themed <3 INVERTED <3 Sexy Charles Coyle! So so fab <3

I'm interested to see what they do with their price structuring. When we visited last Spring (god was it that long ago?!) the park was a small fee for entrance and then the major attractions were upcharged. Interesting to see how this changes.

nadroJ said:
I'm interested to see what they do with their price structuring. When we visited last Spring (god was it that long ago?!) the park was a small fee for entrance and then the major attractions were upcharged. Interesting to see how this changes.
Funnily enough, the press release also had prices. Here they are:

Ticket type
Price
Single entry ticket
€14.00
Under 3
FOC
OAP
€13.00
Student -with valid ID
€13.00
Special needs child/adult
€12.00
Carer
FOC
All inclusive wristband * excludes crispy creek
€15.00

Membership
4 person
€145.00
5 person
€165.00
6 person
€190.00

There will be a CF-Live at Tayto Park in the summer when the coaster's opening date is confirmed - and we're confident it'll be up and running. Don't want a repeat of Smilier, especially if people have to invest in flights etc.

I want an annual pass so I can sashay in for a few rides whenever I visit <3

Also, that is ridiculously cheap considering what is going to be there, I can't believe it!

Ian said:
There will be a CF-Live at Tayto Park in the summer when the coaster's opening date is confirmed - and we're confident it'll be up and running. Don't want a repeat of Smilier, especially if people have to invest in flights etc.

Yay, fab fab news <3

Also, student discount, I'm all over that ;)

Tayto Park couldn't have played this much better tbh. 2015 is quite a dull year for the UK, so now enthusiasts have somewhere to go this year. In 2016-17, the focus will be on the UK so it fits nicely into the plans.

World's first inverted woodie!!!! Oh wait, I mean grammatical incompetence!!!!! Looks good though.

Any thoughts on the Mythology theming? I'm going with a Leprechaun on a journey to the end of the rainbow, with pots of gold at the brake run.
Alternatively the Dullahan.

^The star attraction is the massive climbing wall/ziplines. They also have a high ropes course, loads of trampolines and climbing frame stuff etc, and a really nice mini-zoo. And the crisp factory tour <3

With regards to the theme I'd love to see something to do with the Secret of Kells (awesome animated movie) with the gorgeous Celtic spirits and designs incorporated into the structure. Could be really fab.

nadroJ said:
^The star attraction is the massive climbing wall/ziplines. They also have a high ropes course, loads of trampolines and climbing frame stuff etc, and a really nice mini-zoo. And the crisp factory tour <3

With regards to the theme I'd love to see something to do with the Secret of Kells (awesome animated movie) with the gorgeous Celtic spirits and designs incorporated into the structure. Could be really fab.

Sounds like my kind of park even before these new investments, haha! Never been to Ireland before so this is something when opening dates are confirmed, I have to go to :D

I'm at a wedding in Cushendall in August which is about 2hr30min drive away from here. Good chance the other half will be getting dragged to a theme park about potatoes on one of our two chill days!