What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

Swoosh

Mega Poster
I guess I forgot to post these photos. Here are photos from inside the maintenance bay/queue line
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/11/time-traveler-construction-sdc_12.html

IMG_0528.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

IMG_0543.JPG

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Remember when we talked about the braking mechanism for the spinning? The big round plate with the holes could be a round eddy current brake as I suggested. Did anyone take a closer look at it?

Matt N

CF Legend
I don't personally think that the bit after the drop looks particularly slow. I don't know about any of you, but I reckon that the trim on the first drop will sort of function like the trim on Takabisha's first drop and terrify people by holding them over the Ozark mountainside.

On a side note, I'm struggling to visualise what this ride will feel like to ride. The only spinners I've ridden are Spinball Whizzer, Dragon's Fury, Primeval Whirl and Cobra's Curse. I know full well that it won't feel anything like the first three, but I reckon the spinning sensation on this could share some similarities with the spinning on Cobra's Curse, what with them both being made by Mack and sharing a similar track design, which is a good thing as I think Cobra's Curse is an underrated family coaster. What do you guys think?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Three comments about that video:

Yeah, you're all on drugs if you think this looks slow in the back
I don't disagree, but I still don't think it (the coaster) looks that good. ;)

2. Why are the water dummies wearing robes?

3. As lovely as I think the Time Traveller logo is, I ****ing hate how two thirds of these videos is just the logo. I'd rather then just stop the video at 8 seconds.

Last edited:

Ben

CF Legend
It looks decent in the back, but, come on, in a park with Outlaw Run already ejecting guests down a much better drop I'm going to need more than that to impress me.

Pear

Strata Poster
How do you know Outlaw Run will have a better drop? For all you know this could be much better.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ But only if you're in certain seats? I'm not sold at all. Not yet, anyway.
I know it's not open and it's yet to be ridden, but nothing about this coaster is making me want to desperately ride it.

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
There are many rides in which the back seat is better for the drop. Outlaw Run being one of them as well.