Rita vs. Stealth

• Rita

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stealth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Beans

Hyper Poster
I have a different view on this since riding Rita last week again, no longer torn between the 2, Stealth is better by far as it doesn't try to beat you up as you go round.

I usualy get small bruises on my upper arms on Stealth because of arms up all the way round but with Rita last week the bruises were the size of tennis balls on both upper arms and one on elbow and side of leg, and that was only after a few rides, I can ride Stealth 15 times in one day and have none or small bruises or even a headache.

Long live Stealth!!

Ben

CF Legend
Beans said:
I have a different view on this since riding Rita last week again, no longer torn between the 2, Stealth is better by far as it doesn't try to beat you up as you go round.

To be fair, Stealth doesn't even turn, how is it supposed to beat you up?

It does have a pretty good go at my back though, that has to be said.

If Stealth actually did anything, chances are it would be rough.

kimahri

CF Legend
Rita Rita and more Rita

as Ben said... stealth is awful.

Rita does something. it has forces, stronger launch (which has been proven btw)

Stealth does bugger all. it's a force less pile of crap

either way they are still better than velocity (EVILE!)

finaly

rush said:
Stealth's launch may be fast, but it goes along the track like a dick on a cheese grater.

LOTFWMHUAEA (laughing on the floor with my head up an elephants arse)

Dom

Roller Poster
This is more like it, seeing Rita in the lead with the votes 21-16. I can't believe Stealth actually had the lead for a while.

I might end up biting my words when I finally ride it.

But Rita :angel9:

Snoo

The Legend
^If they think those bruises are bad.. try riding Maverick numerous times in a row with your hands up. My biceps were sore for 5-6 days because of it.

Pure sex tho.. :lol:

A

Anonymous

I've not had the pleasure of riding either, however since I have ridden TTD I get the feeling that I'd be disappointed by Stealth, so I chose Rita.

A

Anonymous

Ultimate Coaster said:
I usualy get small bruises on my upper arms on Stealth because of arms up all the way round but with Rita last week the bruises were the size of tennis balls on both upper arms and one on elbow and side of leg, and that was only after a few rides, I can ride Stealth 15 times in one day and have none or small bruises or even a headache.

It's so amusing when people do something on a coaster that you're technically not supposed to do (i.e. hands up), and then turn around and blame the coaster for hurting them because of it.

"I'm going to defy the rules if I want to, even if I know it's going to hurt, and if the coaster hurts me when I do it, well then that coaster sucks!"

Owned.

Aaaanyways, I would have thought that the council which refused to give permission to Thorpe to do more with Stealth would be more concerned about the height of the coaster. Considering the often-miserable British public, I would have thought that they'd be more against Stealth being so tall and being a big feature in the skyline, saying that Stealth would be "ruining" the view. Ah well.

Jake

Strata Poster
^ Ruining the view of what?

It's greater London, all you can see are high rise tower blocks anyway.

A

Anonymous

That's not my view, I was just explaining that "ruining the skyline" would, in my personal opinion, be the first thing that people living near the park would be complaining about.

A

Anonymous

SnooSnoo said:
^If they think those bruises are bad.. try riding Maverick numerous times in a row with your hands up. My biceps were sore for 5-6 days because of it.

Pure sex tho.. :lol:

Amen Snoo! Amen! I will be sporting those bruises next month (I can't wait!).

Oh as a former resident of Plymouth, Devon, I will say that the British are the biggest bunch of whiners I have ever met in my entire life. NIMBY-ism runs rampant, and I'm fairly certain if you looked up the definition (if it were in a dictionary) it would feature a picture of a Brit.

p.s. Present company are of course, not included in my blanket statement above.

A

Anonymous

Whilst i was at AT Rita didnt batter me it kind of hurld and embraced me in a way."lol". I dont find Rita uber rough just abit unsmooth really the first turn is abit to harsh but it is still a good ride.

Beans

Hyper Poster
I'm not blaming the ride for the bruises I know that putting my arms up is the cause and they happen when going over the bunny hop into the breaks, I just enjoy the ride bruises or not just didn't expect Rita to be that bad, rode it when it opened and didn't remember it being quite so rough, still wouldn't stop me doing it again, and love the airtime you get on it, just made me realise how much I prefer Stealth, if nobody had differing opinions life would be dull.

Anyway I call the bruises trophies, as they remind me of how much I enjoyed doing the ride, they soon disappear anyway.

Linus

Mega Poster
Rita, looks fun with a nice launch.

If it were Xcelerator instead of Stealth, i would have said Xce.

Echoes

Mega Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
Rita. Stealth just looks pathetic. At least Rita is different...

I bet you and Snoo will both end up loving Stealth when you ride it, and you'll feel bad about badmouthing it. :p

Snoo

The Legend
Echoes said:
Ultimate Coaster said:
Rita. Stealth just looks pathetic. At least Rita is different...

I bet you and Snoo will both end up loving Stealth when you ride it, and you'll feel bad about badmouthing it. :p

Nope. I will feel remorse at all. I know it shall suck when I ride it.. eventually. When you've ridden taller, faster, much more intense versions.. the tiny little bitch cousin who gets beaten up at school will no doubt be lame.

UC said:
Yeah, Maverick left a couple bruises on me too (although our night ride completely kicked ass, Marcus).

That ride was one of the best I've had on Maverick.. simply because I had it with you. :roll:

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I think from UC's perspective, he would prefer Rita. Though neither rides are gunna win any awards here. :lol:

It really does matter what you've got behind you as to what you'd prefer. I don't care what anyone says.

The Batman clones don't come so low in the Mitch Hawker poll because they are bad, they come so low because they are overridden. Stealth's such a near copy to (arguably) better rides it's got nothing going from it from anyone who's ridden those others perspective, but Rita has.

Saying that though, you get a lot of people on TRP saying they prefer the likes of Stealth to Ka and TTD, simply because of the lack of twist. But It's still got Xcelerator and Storm runner for competition, to which it looses terribly by any shot of logic.

I think, if Stealth wasn't a crawler over that top hat it would get better praise. It simply hasn't got the height to make crawling effective.

The only plus side it has got is that it is, supposedly, the fastest accelerating of the intamin launching coasters. It's 42mph per second (if i remember correctly? UC's abotu to correct me, you watch) which is 4mph above KK, who's next in line.

I can't see 4mph making much difference in reality, though. :roll:

Oh, and it's still smooth unlike KingdaKrap.

Lofty

CF Legend
Well isn't that just FA on thrope's side?

Btw! For anyone who doesn't know... Fa means False Advertisement haha!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I prefer Stealth now. Rita is rough as. Worse than Corkscrew. You get a stream of headbanging on the second corner and gave me neck ache. Stealth doesn't have any headbanging and is re-rideable and the theme is good.

edit: V well its good to look at :wink: