What's new

"Now Showing"

I saw 2 movies yesterday,

Jack and Jill
I don't really want to talk about this one, it was just another stupid Adam Sandler family movie. Pretty big mistake on my part to think I could watch it without choking on my own vomit. I don't even know why Al Pacino signed up for this. I don't recommend it to anyone.

2/10

American Reunion
This one was actually great. A really good addition to the American Pie movies and probably the best one since the Naked Mile. The plot was a little dry but the humour is the same as the original 2 (didn't like the third one that much). If you enjoyed any of the American Pie movies its a great laugh. Its great to see all the boys back together.

7/10

Yes please! 10/10???
Seriously???

And you left school beyond kindergarten?

8/10 at a push if you enjoy obvious, formulaic, no brainer action films - but 10/10? So silly :p

Anyway, I just came back from it and it's an obvious, formulaic, no brainer action film which I enjoy. 8/10 ;)

Meh might as well add my thoughts on Avengers. It's a good action blockbuster film and great fun to watch. Lots of action and a few laugh out loud moments. However I believe most these 10/10's are people still hyped after seeing it. I'd give it a very solid 8/10, maybe a 9 at a push. Just because there wasn't much development plot wise. It was just one fight scene after the next and then loads of explosions and the city getting destroyed.
The Hulk was the best though and like someone else said they did seem to focus more on Iron Man than any of the other characters.
I don't see why everyone was raving about the 3D though. It was **** and added nothing to the film at all.

I think it's the only movie where I've heard people clap at the end though. Which reminds me. Can someone who stayed to watch the scene mid credits tell me who the character was in it? Obviously he's going to be the main villian for the next one but not knowing much about comic characters I had no idea who he was. :lol:

I think it's the only movie where I've heard people clap at the end though. Which reminds me. Can someone who stayed to watch the scene mid credits tell me who the character was in it? Obviously he's going to be the main villian for the next one but not knowing much about comic characters I had no idea who he was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos

^Are you sure about that? The Cartoon "Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes" has the Skrull-Kree war showing up and that show airs on Disney.

People expecting massive amounts of plot development in a Marvel film... :fp:

Also, there is a focus on Iron Man because he was the most popular film(s) out of the characters in the Avengers. Indeed, without the success of the first film, I doubt this idea from Marvel would have gathered the belief it could be done to such a high degree. However, I didn't think Iron Man was indeed focused on as much as the rest, which is one of the things Whedon has the ability to do, and that is to provide a large group of characters with different personalities a well balanced amount of screen time without it seeming a bit drawn out...

I do wonder if Whedon will suddenly have lots of ideas that had been knocked down brought through now though after this... 200 million from the US, about 16 million from the UK from opening weekends... It's blatently recovered the budget by now and is to be released in a few countries as well...

peep said:
Saw Headhunters last night.

It's a film from Norway (I think) and I wasn't too sure what to expect. It's been suggested that this is the next 'Girl with the dragon tattoo', as in it's based off a series of books. I thought the film was amazing, some extremely shocking scenes. I love the way it builds up though, you just never know what's going to happen and it just makes the impact of the guys journey much more stronger. There is some seriously messed up sh*t in there though and I thought the ending was fantastic, ties it all up very nicely. Seriously if you can get to a screening of this film I highly recommend you go and see it!

Rating: 4.5/5

Yay! One more guy who's seen Headhunters!

Yep, it's Norwegian, and you're sort of right about the book thing, it's based on a stand-alone book, not a series.

I also recommend others watching this. Pick up The Troll Hunter as well while you're at the Norwegian films shelf.

^Ahh, ok, hehe, didn't feel like it could really continue so glad I'm wrong on that part. :D

Troll Hunter is pretty awesome too, it was different and I liked that.

I'm with Benin on the not understanding about Avengers being all about Iron Man, I thought all the characters got a decent amount of screen time, maybe you feel like he gets more time because he has most of the one-liners? There are some people on the internets that seem to have a similar perspective as Mr Furie but loathe the film for those reasons (this is a blockbuster not some indie flick with some deep meaning), I've declared (in my head) that any future argument/opinion from them is invalid.

Really glad how successful it has been though, means more projects get shoved through but it also makes it so much harder to keep this popular. People reckon that DKR will earn more over opening weekend but it won't purely down to the simple fact that Avengers had 3D and IMAX sales on its side whereas DKR only has IMAX.

Oh and I know that pretty much everyone has seen Avengers but really, does no one know how to use spoiler tags anymore? I've heard that the US gets a second clip during the credits, is this true?

Yeah, it's not much though.

It just shows the Avengers eating in a diner eating the food they were talking about before, cant remember what it was called. No one says a word and they just sit there eating while the owners of the place are sweeping.

^^Ahh, ok, thanks for clearing that up.

I saw Avengers Assemble again today but this time in 3D and got a D Box seat. The 3D was pointless, I loathe post-conversion for this reason, just makes an expensive cinema ticket more expensive for absolutely no reason whatsoever. However the D Box seats, well, that was a fantastic new experience. I doubt it'll catch on (it is soooooo expensive) but it really adds to the experience, the only way they could top it all is by putting D Box seats in the London IMAX, that would bring me so much joy. I find IMAX so much more immersive compared to 3D and with these new seats it would just be epic. It did feel a bit odd at first but you get used to it and it adds a nice new dimension to the action blockbuster flicks. The flying scenes were amazing, I'd love to watch Avatar in one of these new seats purely for that reason. Not only does it provide you with movement and vibrations but they are uber comfy.

Saw a couple of films today. First was The Dictator.

I thought this was actually hilarious, well, it's ok with some very funny moments here and there. After seeing the trailer again after the film I realised that loads was cut out and I wonder why. Still a good fun movie.

Rating: 3/5

Beauty and the Beast 3D.

Absolute classic and it was amazing to see it on the big screen. The 3D at the beginning of the film was some of the best 3D shots I've ever seen, absolutely stunning. Need I say more about this film?

Rating: 5/5

Dark Shadows

I enjoy Tim Burton films but I've finally cracked like everyone else seems to have done with his last few flicks. It was just so generic and meh, there were a few moments of amusement but nothing great. I can't really put my finger on it though, it was just a bit of a let down which is a shame because the premise was fantastic.

Rating: 2/5

The Dictator

Offense, not politically correct, and just enjoyable, but pretty bad.

3/5

Battleship

Rihanna didn't get kicked in the face, but she witness the pimp hand staying strong and got smacked into a door. Meaning it instantly was better. If you expect a story, plot, etc. don't see, but if you do, don't bitch because you should know what you're going to see. Mindless **** blowing up for 2 hours.

3/5

Battleship

Agreed with Tom. Many cheesy lines and moments.. but the movie wasn't made for plot.. it was made to blow **** up. And for a pure blow **** up movie,

7.5/10

"Now Showing"

Please tell me they use the phrase "You sunk our battleship!" :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD