What's new

"Now Showing"

I finally got around to watching Nosferatu the other day...
Proper vampires I like
Silent movies not so much, the constant score gave me a headache... Overall I rather enjoyed it though
7/10

One half of me wants to praise you for liking No-twilight-vampires, Another wants to scream at you for being a hipster filmstudent ugh and the last half is like "cool, Nosferatu!".

^
I think the first part's right, though to be fair, it's not only glitter that lets vampires down - sometimes Tarantino gets his hands on them. And sometimes they have guns </3
Reminds me that I've not been watching nearly enough films lately - lovefilm is making a mint of me for things that now sit on my desk until I have a free moment :(

Film student? Aha, nah, just a horror freak... All I watch is horror films really, rare for me to watch anything else :p
Twilight makes me want to vomit though...

Iron Sky

Ohh... where to begin? Perhaps the quote from the editor of this film: "This sort of idea can only be conceived in a sauna after too much Koskenkorva".

Nazis from the moon. Wacky ones at that.

Depending on your view on the USA, you may like it or hate it. The film's portrayal of the Republicans is... well, not exactly subtle critisism. North Korea also gets some time in the limelight.

All in all, just my type of humour. I had many good laughs watching it. The score it gets from me is:
Highly enjoyable

Forgot:

The Cabin In The Woods

Had some really mixed reviews, but I loved it. Absolutely fell in love with Marty, he was a wonderful character and really made me laugh. Didn't like the 'final girl' whose name I can't place, I don't know why, she just never really grew on me. The twist was really surprising and unexpected, it seemed fairly random, but was still amazing. Too much CGI towards the end though. All in all a good watch, fun and amusing.

8/10

And today I saw:

Avengers

LOVED IT. Wonderful acting, some really nice effects, and lots of eye candy. Some laugh out loud moments, and some epic fight scenes. If I said I didn't spend half the film just admiring most of the characters, I'd be a liar. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole of this film.

9.5/10

Finally got to watch Black Swan. Okay, it was a very good film, but it is still very overrated. It's odd and certainly off the beaten path so to speak, but I just didn't have any thoughts of "wow, that blew me away" once it was over. The acting was great though, I'll give it that!

7/10

This made my night last night

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/the-dark- ... /trailer-3

Too bad they NOW **** Bane's voice up. It was so amazing before, now you can understand him too well. </3

Love what I am seeing so far, especially with Catwoman, mainly because I love Anne Hathaway but yeah. Can't wait to watch this, Amazing Spiderman, and Man of Steel teaser trailers before Avengers on Thursday night <3.

Avengers get a 8.5 out of 10

It loses .25 for not having Ant Man a founding member of the Avengers

It loses another .25 for not having Wasp who was a founding member as well

And it loses 1 point for calling Thor a Demi-God. he is a GOD not a Demi-God >.<

Overall a great movie and Hulk stole the show.

^I completely agree with that rating minus the those nerdy points ;)

Avengers 8.5/10
Having never been a big superhero fan I was very reluctant to go see this but it actually was a really good movie. The Hulk is by far the best character, though I felt it was too much of an "Iron man 3". It seemed that Tony Stark/Iron man was focused more on than other characters and all the humour was too similar to the Iron man movies. Also there was room for romance between Black Widow and Hawk Eye which was never really developed. Other than that I really enjoyed it and its worth all the hype that its been creating.

Joey, Wasp and Antman are in the next Avengers are getting their own stand alone series, and they called Thor a demi God, what, once? And they were trying to insult him? Seems to me like you are trying to find holes in it that don't exist. And Venom, Black Widow and Hawk Eye are getting their own origin story as well (<3) so don't worry, you will see it there.

Avengers

Absolutely brilliant. Considering it is about to rape HP7.2 of the record, on day 2 of 3, it's a hit. I loved it from the beginning. Perfect amount of humor, action, and the 3D was absolutely amazing. I hate post conversion, but now that they are finally doing it right, and not trying to do pop out bull ****, it is working so much better. I am even happier knowing that Mark Ruffalo signed a 9 film contract to be Hulk/Banner since he was amazing. Not only did they finally get the Hulk right, but him as Banner was just perfect. Everything was just amazing, and Scarlett Johansson in that outfit? Yeah, deal is sealed. This will be the second best movie (in my opinion) of the year, and the only one that will be better is Dark Knight Rises.

10/10

^When was Ant Man Wasp movie announced? Same with the Hawkeye and Black Widow movie?

As for the Nerdy points, That's just who I am. You can find video's of me playing competitive pokemon on Youtube as well as me singing in an acapella group.

Back on topic, I know my gripes are irrelevant to most people but I have my own opinion.

Youngster Joey said:
^When was Ant Man Wasp movie announced? Same with the Hawkeye and Black Widow movie?

Antman/Wasp is still in the writing stages and its being written and directed by Edgar Wright and co-written by Stan Lee:
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/02/11/ex ... priorities

As for Hawkeye and Black Widow its just a rumour. Though they are planning on writing one but it's not coming before these Marvel movies:

2012 The Amazing Spider-Man
2013 Iron Man 3, The Wolverine , Thor 2
2014 Deadpool, Captain America 2, The Amazing Spider-Man 2

You didn't know about the Antman movie? It's been in the works for ages! Sounds like its finally coming together though which is interesting.

Saw Headhunters last night.

It's a film from Norway (I think) and I wasn't too sure what to expect. It's been suggested that this is the next 'Girl with the dragon tattoo', as in it's based off a series of books. I thought the film was amazing, some extremely shocking scenes. I love the way it builds up though, you just never know what's going to happen and it just makes the impact of the guys journey much more stronger. There is some seriously messed up sh*t in there though and I thought the ending was fantastic, ties it all up very nicely. Seriously if you can get to a screening of this film I highly recommend you go and see it!

Rating: 4.5/5

Should be seeing the new American Pie film and seeing Avengers Assemble (3D with dBox seats) within the next couple of days.

Youngster Joey said:

As for the Nerdy points, That's just who I am. You can find video's of me playing competitive pokemon on Youtube as well as me singing in an acapella group.

Back on topic, I know my gripes are irrelevant to most people but I have my own opinion.

You really need to get laid.