What's new

Nigloland | Alpina Blitz | Mack "Mega Coaster"

andrus

Giga Poster
_koppen said:
The track looks awesome! I much prefer this darker shade of blue, to the one found on Blue Fire and Storm (because it is darker, or is it just me?).
I prefer it too! It's almost indigo. I find the blue colour used on Blue Fire/Storm a bit faded, if you get what I mean?

_koppen said:
1460141_10152101691222259_1957742493_n.jpg
Great! The first turn will be closer to the ground :--D I was a bit dissapointed that the turnaround on Storm was taken so high up in the air, lessen the sense of speed. It's almost as if Mack designed the layout for Nigloland first and then Etnaland went to Mack and said hey can we get a copy of that but with a twist at the end! (and as a result of a layout not adapted to the site, the first turn ended up high in the air)

_koppen

Hyper Poster
andrus said:
[Great! The first turn will be closer to the ground :--D I was a bit dissapointed that the turnaround on Storm was taken so high up in the air, lessen the sense of speed. It's almost as if Mack designed the layout for Nigloland first and then Etnaland went to Mack and said hey can we get a copy of that but with a twist at the end! (and as a result of a layout not adapted to the site, the first turn ended up high in the air)

You actually been to Etnaland and ridden Storm? That's awesome! How about a review? How is it compare to a mega-lite?

And about the layout of Alpina Blitz, this was posted on another site:
I have been told at IAAPA that it will have a completely different layout than Storm. This will have more airtime! Only the height will be the same.

andrus

Giga Poster
_koppen said:
You actually been to Etnaland and ridden Storm? That's awesome! How about a review? How is it compare to a mega-lite?
Sorry, poor choice of words. What I meant was that coasters raised into air often don't provide the same sense of speed as coasters close to the ground. I've not been to Etnaland (but which I would've!). But I know that the mega-lites give a tremendous sense of speed going through the first turnaround! And it looks like Alipna Blitz will do the same :--D

_koppen said:
And about the layout of Alpina Blitz, this was posted on another site:
I have been told at IAAPA that it will have a completely different layout than Storm. This will have more airtime! Only the height will be the same.
Great! While The Storm seem to have a good first half and an interesting in-line twist finale, the latter half of the layout looks rather bland. I don't remember where I read that it would be a Storm-clone, but I think that rumour has been around for so long that I actually though it was official by now!

_koppen

Hyper Poster
andrus said:
Great! While The Storm seem to have a good first half and an interesting in-line twist finale, the latter half of the layout looks rather bland. I don't remember where I read that it would be a Storm-clone, but I think that rumour has been around for so long that I actually though it was official by now!

I also think the first half of the ride looks good. I've been looking for a good review of the ride compared to a Megalite since it opened.

I have a feeling that the park asked Mack to make the ride a bit more slow in the middle, in order to give the riders a break. I can't imagine another reason why Mack would build it like that. Hopefully this ride will be designed to not let up until the final breaks.

While watching a POV it seems like the first half could be on par with a real megalite, but when watching the hills of the rides, and how much more aggressive the Intamin is built, I somewhat doubt that it is as aggressive as the ejector air on the Intamin rides.

For an example, here's the second hill on the Mack mega coaster, looks very B&Mish in the shape.
111193d1339798426-2013-neuheit-mega-coaster-etnaland-italien-etnaland-storm-2.jpg

Compared to the much more aggressively built second hill of the megalite.
268267_10150254703193566_194340658565_7424857_2375837_n.jpg

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=65&linkid=12990
http://www.coasterfriends.de/forum/2298-2013-neuheit-mega-coaster-etnaland-italien-6.html

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That'll pull some tasty G's. I'd love to take a large stick on the ride and draw a perfect circle in the sand as it whizzes round it.

andrus

Giga Poster
More photos! Lift hill and station building are starting to take shape:

e5c37141e3f658b0fe8fd8ee929ce7d3.jpg

adc735f72c86f416e7505627b134b4f1.jpg

23e39df10c5513a40835deda83f3ce7f.jpg

31309eebb2c321b33c1fcfa5eec4fbcb.jpg

48b48db4f8e71296fba243b757255800.jpg

https://www.pinterest.com/nigloland/alpina-blitz/

_koppen

Hyper Poster
I just checked Nigloland's website, and this coaster is going to have a 1,35 m height restriction, compared to Blue Fire's 1,3m, so there got to be some pretty serious airtime on this one.

andrus

Giga Poster
_koppen said:
I just checked Nigloland's website, and this coaster is going to have a 1,35 m height restriction, compared to Blue Fire's 1,3m, so there got to be some pretty serious airtime on this one.
Well I don't know, The Storm got a 1.4m height restriciton. I think it's pretty much up to the parks to decide! (with 1.3m being the minimum)

_koppen said:
I also think the first half of the ride looks good. I've been looking for a good review of the ride compared to a Megalite since it opened.
Are you a member of the ECC? There was a review of Etnaland as a whole, and a small review of The Storm, in the latest issue of first drop magazine. I don't know how much is ok to cite, but the general concensus of the article was that it was a good paced, smooth and airtime filled ride. The only thing that makes me suspicious is that the author says the only negative thing is that it's not as intense as Blue Fire. And to me the downside of Blue Fire was the lack of intensity... :p You can make what you want out of it! I believe it's a good family ride, but nowhere near the intensity of a megalite!

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Some new pictures!
Even more of the ride is up, but there's no photos of it yet (look in the window of the second photo).
3081ac5bf5cf3e84c32a0b7c7416c616.jpg

de6db6ff9708a42bee13dcb86883d590.jpg

8863bc5d40d5087f551b66910cb2411f.jpg

2fd2c87197752e0048c714f701a22545.jpg

This photo confirms that it's not a clone of Storm.

andrus said:
Are you a member of the ECC? There was a review of Etnaland as a whole, and a small review of The Storm, in the latest issue of first drop magazine. I don't know how much is ok to cite, but the general concensus of the article was that it was a good paced, smooth and airtime filled ride. The only thing that makes me suspicious is that the author says the only negative thing is that it's not as intense as Blue Fire. And to me the downside of Blue Fire was the lack of intensity... :p You can make what you want out of it! I believe it's a good family ride, but nowhere near the intensity of a megalite!

That's really interesting to hear! I knew it would not be like a real megalite, but after reading this my desire to ride it dropped a bit. I'm sure it's a good family thrill ride though.

http://www.ameworld.net/forum/parcs...-alpina-blitz/msg316827/?boardseen#quickreply

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Looks awesome!

I had hoped that they would do a better looking return of the lift chain on this one, but it looks to be the same as on Storm.