What's new

Nigloland | Alpina Blitz | Mack "Mega Coaster"

andrus

Giga Poster
Re: 2013 - New MACK Launched Megacoaster for France !

_koppen said:
Mack is not a cheap company. They are from Germany, and their products are all about quality. Blue Fire costed almost 20 million euros for the park to build, so they do cost a lot of money.
I'm intrigued where did you find those numbers? I'm not saying you are wrong. But I do believe that some of that money surely includes theming like the rock works, pre-show area etc.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

andrus said:
_koppen said:
Mack is not a cheap company. They are from Germany, and their products are all about quality. Blue Fire costed almost 20 million euros for the park to build, so they do cost a lot of money.
I'm intrigued where did you find those numbers? I'm not saying you are wrong. But I do believe that some of that money surely includes theming like the rock works, pre-show area etc.

Yes, you are correct. There are also 5 very technical trains on this ride, and 2 stations, that made the price higher. In the end I think that you can compare this to ISpeed's price of 15 million euros, that pretty much says that Mack is not producing rides that cost less than Intamin.

I read about the price in several articles about the ride in 2009.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

This coaster certainly is confirmed, I got the 'new rides' paper from Mack themselves at EAS.

It's opening in 2014 though.

Nic

Strata Poster

I can feel a Niglo/Walygator trip in 2014 coming on... :)

peep

CF Legend
Re: Nigloland | Unknown name | Mack unknown type

Nigloland yes, but Walygator will probably be closed by then.

Looks like the name of the coaster is "Alpenblitz" or "The Lightning of the Alps". It's probably the former, I reckon google translate was just having a laugh with that second one :p

peep

CF Legend

I haven't fully read into it myself but there is a chance they'll have to close. It sounds like they're struggling to keep open. I'll try and find out more later.

Nic

Strata Poster

The massive B&M invert did seem a bit ambitious.

Walygator in 2013 then? ;)

Martyn B

CF Legend

That rumour about Walygator closing was start by some people on Towers times who saw a few photos showing a few broken things in the park, and were like "omg what a dump, they're clearly struggling with life".

I've not been to Walgator, but I here that its a nice park, and they have a decent list of attractions. So if it did close, I'm sure some bigger park chain will snap it up.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

It's official!

579133_10151556029194497_786031337_n.jpg

elephant58

Hyper Poster

It seems that blue is the favourite colour for Mack megacoasters. So is it 70 m tall?

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
^ It's just a concept picture to show that it's a coaster, it has nothing to do with the final color.
And I'm not gonna answer your other question...

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I think they mean that the train will be launched along 70 metres of track. Seems feasible, since Xcelerator and Stealth launch trains along 200 feet of track (roughly, 60 metres).

I am really looking forward to this project as Megacoasters are amazing.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
That's a bit cocky. Don't just assume everyone know everything. I am pretty damn sure that at 13 years old I didn't know how high a 100km/h launch would get you.

Its not that stupid a question... It does say a sharp drop of 70m doesn't it?

I haven't been following this coaster at all but I'm assuming from what you say that its launched?
The RCDB says a height of 108.3 ft which is what? 33m or something similar?

So where does "a sharp drop of 70 meters" come into it?

elephant58

Hyper Poster
^I am not being cocky, nor assuming I know everything. It was clearly a silly question and I asked if the 70 m meant height. I was answered and realised that what I said was a bit stupid. I then put a 'rolling eyes' smiley at the end to show I knew I was being an idiot. Sorry if I'm offending anyone, but that comment was aimed at my stupidity. :)

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
One moment....
I was the one being stupid. I hadn't noticed that you replied to yourself. I thought it was someone being cocky to you... but it was you talking about yourself... Oh i give up. I got up at 5am my brain doesn't work if its up before about 11. Sorry about that.

However I still don't understand the height discrepancy. :p