What's new

Nigloland | Alpina Blitz | Mack "Mega Coaster"

_koppen

Active Member
It looks like a really good ride, and I have a feeling it will make Storm look boring.

Really can't wait for a POV to be released.
 

Lofty

Well-Known Member
Two more shots of the completed layout.

036.jpg


037.jpg
 

_koppen

Active Member
Here's a comparision:
intamack.gif


A french fan site has done a construction tour with the park and got the following info:

- Intamin has designed the ride. Even if the price between Intamin & Mack was approximately the same, the maintenance cost is bigger with Intamin. And also, they preferred the design of Mack train, and felt that the Intamin trains was a bit more vintage. So they finally asked Mack to build the coaster.

- Nigloland has a new project for 2018, a new big coaster with inversions. Apparently the contract have been signed, but we don't know more details. (this they also said back in 2009 with Intamin, but that ride still was delayed two years, and even came from another manufacturer).

- The old Schwarzkopf coaster "Bobsleigh" may be doing it's last season in the park.

And here are some more photos:
12410369234_27f3405ae8_o.jpg

12410081103_e4e22d713f_o.jpg

12410031123_6125e4f94e_o.jpg

12410409024_06f2a9ddc5_o.jpg

12410377134_4b70210b66_o.jpg

12409907535_14d1fee540_o.jpg

12410062163_4d7c4332f1_o.jpg

12410379504_cda5f6561a_o.jpg

12410048793_287772c523_o.jpg

12409922725_630ee93edc_o.jpg

12410396384_203d0dccac_o.jpg

12409915525_b74d44c8c8_o.jpg

12410400154_78095e3a7a_o.jpg

12409925825_8587d5881e_o.jpg

12410408164_375e6fc9b2_o.jpg

12410352844_0f650c14d5_o.jpg

12410089083_9695dd5b52_o.jpg

12410358564_29362f2bfd_o.jpg

12410093323_4fabe8b9ec_o.jpg

12409885615_087331095d_o.jpg

12410037753_543de9c31e_o.jpg

12410096233_3867749043_o.jpg

http://www.ameworld.net/forum/parcs...313/?PHPSESSID=6vq00el9ofacna9dppshh8djb0#new
 

rollermonkey

Well-Known Member
While there are clearly differences between this and the Mega-Lite, those differences are pretty subtle. I'll be surprised if it isn't just as fun, though.
 

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Definitely know where I'm going this summer. :wink:

1799905_10152327894679497_1332775641_o.jpg


From the park's Facebook page.
 

Screaming Coasters

Well-Known Member
Mack have made some funny decisions on this coasters design that really bug me...

Example; first hill after the drop. Why on earth would you kill all airtime by making the crest of the "airtime hill", into a turning transition? Intamin maximise airtime by leaving it flat and bank along the curve of the hill, instead of turning the crest into an actual turn.

These silly decisions are present the whole way through this coaster and I feel that its gonna kill this ride completely.
 

andrus

Active Member
^The first hill of the Intamin design is also angled. And the train has such a low speed over it that you don't get any airtime anyway (just a sharp twist). I think both designs are a bit flawed; I would much have prefered a lower airtime-filled hill à la Skyrush!

Generally speaking though I find the MACK design a lot more intriguing overall! :--D
 

Screaming Coasters

Well-Known Member
Intamin's hill is flat and lower in height than Mack's version;
j2r21q5a187de001krlpq7.jpg

RCDB

I've not been on these things, but is there no air over the crest anyway?
 

TheCoasterCruiser

Active Member
^ There is definitely air on those hills!

Personally I think this looks better than the Intamin versions, only thing that I don't like is the before mentioned hill after the first drop. Makes about as much sense as Blue Fire's first element.
But I haven't ridden any of the new Macks so I'll shut up now.
 

_koppen

Active Member
andrus said:
^The first hill of the Intamin design is also angled.

He means that the hill on the Megalite is angled on the ascent and descent, and not when you pass the top of it. The Mack version is banked as you pass the top, and looks more like a non over-banked Stengel dive.

andrus said:
And the train has such a low speed over it that you don't get any airtime anyway (just a sharp twist).

No offense, but bullcrap!

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Personally I think this looks better than the Intamin versions, only thing that I don't like is the before mentioned hill after the first drop.

The only thing I don't like about the Mack version is that in all the picture of it, it seems that the first two hills is a lot bigger than on the Intamin version, meaning less airtime, and less speed through the rest of the layout.

I can't wait for the day when I get to ride this thing, and get my own opinion!
 

andrus

Active Member
_koppen said:
andrus said:
^The first hill of the Intamin design is also angled.

He means that the hill on the Megalite is angled on the ascent and descent, and not when you pass the top of it. The Mack version is banked as you pass the top, and looks more like a non over-banked Stengel dive.
The Intamin version is also angled at the top of the hill:
awkt.jpg


The two versions are actually very similar in a close up comparison:
s2el.jpg


Of course the Mack version is slightly more angled at the apex, but the basic shape is the same.

_koppen said:
andrus said:
And the train has such a low speed over it that you don't get any airtime anyway (just a sharp twist).

No offense, but bullcrap!
Ok, I might add that I need strong/prolonged airtime to really feel it. I know I've already been in dispute with some on this forum for claiming that Expedition GeForce lacks airtime =P But it does.. This first hill of the mega lites is very similar. There is airtime, although it's so very brief that my body barely have time to register it, and hence I don't count it as "proper" airtime.. The rest of the hills are filled with delicious airtime though :) but I just wish that Intamin would have designed the first hill for maximized airtime too!
 

TheCoasterCruiser

Active Member
^ You are right, Intamin's is actually more angled than I first thought.

andrus said:
but I just wish that Intamin would have designed the first hill for maximized airtime too!

I'm not an expert, but I would think that they are making it this tall to save energy for the rest of the layout.
 

_koppen

Active Member
andrus said:
The two versions are actually very similar in a close up comparison:

Of course the Mack version is slightly more angled at the apex, but the basic shape is the same.

Now you are just being picky! ;)
My point is that they are, and will ride, very different.

The Intamin ride has a pretty steep ascent, and a quick change of direction on the top, combined with ejector air.
SS855453%20(Custom).JPG


The Mack on the other hand has a much less steep ascent, as well as the banking coming much earlier in the ascent than on the Intamin ride, without the quick 'snap' in the direction change. I imagine that it will also go over noticeably slower than on the Intamin ride, making it a much less exciting element.

You can see in this photo what I mean about where the banking starts (behind the first drop).
file.php


andrus said:
Ok, I might add that I need strong/prolonged airtime to really feel it. I know I've already been in dispute with some on this forum for claiming that Expedition GeForce lacks airtime =P But it does.. This first hill of the mega lites is very similar. There is airtime, although it's so very brief that my body barely have time to register it, and hence I don't count it as "proper" airtime.. The rest of the hills are filled with delicious airtime though :) but I just wish that Intamin would have designed the first hill for maximized airtime too!

I can actually agree about Expedition Geforce lacking the airtime I was expecting it to have. In the morning when we got to the park and rode the first time I actually preferred Silver Star above it. Luckily it warmed up during the day, and turned into very good ride, but I would say that it's more of a 'strong floating airtime' filled ride.

On the megalite's first hills thought there is definitely ejector, but I think the smaller hills later in the layout takes away from it. But those smaller hills on the other hand dosen't have ejector, those are definitely a level above that (kind of how I imagine Skyrush's first hill's are).
 

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The first train arrived yesterday so testing can't be that far off.

1922121_683365498392313_369339077_n.jpg
 
Top