What's new

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA [Alton 2012]

Re: New Indoor Ride for Alton in 2012

I think the stairs are just maintenance access also, but perhaps evacuation access too? Which does raise the question of how would disabled guests get out in the event of an evac.

But yeah, no evidence the lifts are real lifts. I think that would be very odd.

Me and plod figured it out and here's a rundown!

• It's in the FV
  • It's an origin story to the Nemesis monster
  • It's based around experience rather than a ride
  • It's the worlds first Tentecle rape ride!
  • Condoms are avalibe in the shop (and the oblivion one)
  • KY is not included "cause it's merlin"
  • Also it's multifloored and has a doorway leading to nowhere on the second floor...

Flawless logic me and plod.

It will also feature 'Merlin Musk', as previously smelled in Thirteen and Hex.

^That 'Merlin Musk' is a scent called 'Gothic Mansion'. I originally thought it was just the smell of the towers till I found it they used smell canisters. :lol:

Yeah, I realised it was an effect when it was used in Thirteen.

Just come across a post you made about it on TT. How did you find out its name and can you buy it? :lol:

Tom G said:

Just come across a post you made about it on TT. How did you find out its name and can you buy it? :lol:

Yes: http://shop.dreamreapers.com/

You can get it from everywhere online. Plus, you can get a liquid format that you add to the smoke!

Tom G said:
Because I'm a nerd about scare attractions and most of them use smell canisters. :p
Plus I've seen them online loads like Mark said.

I LOVE smells in attractions. When I was an actor in the London Tombs I got to be by the canister in the clown room and it smelt of bubblegum. <3

Plus we're using smells in the scare attraction I'm working in next month but they're the ones you mix into the smoke machines that Mark mentioned. :)

Not sure if they've been posted, but the plans can be viewed here: http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... eturn=true

I'll get round to knocking up a construction blog like the Swarm one over the weekend, just in case important and interesting stuff gets lost amongst the discussions.

Hmm.. looks as if we're getting ANOTHER shop in a crate... They're really recycling their ideas with these.

So they've realised that the rock wall is completely pointless and they should get rid of it? Thank god.

Still, crate shop... come up with some new ideas Alton.

The more I read into these plans the more I keep thinking it's The Haunted....

It's like The Haunting, only in the past...

Joey said:
But yeah, no evidence the lifts are real lifts. I think that would be very odd.

I've got some evidence for you, the presence of exit lifts.

Exit lifts are, as far as I'm aware, NEVER used in the case of fake ones (undersea epcot/XNWO/Haunted Mansions [though those lifts are real I believe]) if there are attractions that do use fake exit lifts I'd like to hear about them!

The point is, the false lifts are used as a story telling device, to increase tension and build anticipation of the ride ahead. They also help stop guests thinking they're in a queue when essentially they still are...

There's no real purpose for a fake lift after the main ride experience, there's no need to build any tension, and you're just stopping people from getting out after they've done what they've been waiting for!

Their inclusion here suggests (to me at least) that they are actually required and need to bring guests back up to the surface! :p

(It might be just me that's thinking that if they're bothering with lifts it could be actually quite a fair way underground!)

coasterdude_1 said:
Every time AT puts in an unusual/new concept, it's always disappointing due to the fact that they've put so much effort in the designing and hyping of said unusual concept.

eg. Thirteen- for the budget, they could have afforded a far superior large family coaster that lasted more that 30 seconds
Charlie Elevator- It's just like standing in a flat next to a motorway for two minutes
Air- Great ride, however, one has to think of the possibilities if substantially less time and money had been spent on the new concept
There's a few examples, but looking at other parks, unusual rides often disappoint...

I notice Oblivion is missing from this list! :p

-lofty- said:
Tom G said:

Yes: http://shop.dreamreapers.com/

You can get it from everywhere online. Plus, you can get a liquid format that you add to the smoke!

Wow that's awesome, cheers!

The lifts will be a shipping container chopped in half with a wall welded onto the open side, and will vibrate... :p

furie said:
It's like The Haunting, only in the past...

I thought that was the case, but didn't know for sure. In which case I REALLY hope Dave was being sarcastic...

spicy said:
Joey said:
spicy said:
Apart from the X:NWO ones were purely for show, these are real fully functioning lifts.
Where did you hear/see that?

Well I have just assumed from looking at this:

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5990/unled1xrr.jpg

It states 'stairs down' next to the baggage store, so I am assuming the lifts will go down if there are stairs to reach a lower level.
I think those lifts are just for show...Notice the FFL is the same on the main attraction chamber as it is on the ride exterior.

I reckon the stairs going down just lead to a maintenance pit or something.

I don't know why people don't think these are real lifts, surely the part about Alton digging down 6 meters to put this in makes it obvious..

But the 6m doesn't have to include the whole attraction, it could just be a mechanism that extends below.

Again, couple of key things to read off the plan.

-The FFL is 187.15m outside the baggage area, and in the ride chamber.
-The door by the stairs going down. If the ride chamber was at a lower level to the rest, then that door would be opening into a void.

I don't understand why'd they'd have to mark them as stairs, or even the lifts as lifts, if they weren't real?