What's new

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA [Alton 2012]

Re: New Indoor Ride for Alton in 2012

^Go back to the topic; yeah I did.

I don't think everything sucks; I just think we're too easily pleased with lacklustre products. There's a difference.

Okay, we have a dark ride based on "drop towers". Why is the assumption that the tower element the main focus? What if it's a 4d cinema, with the drop tower making up the movement side? I or if not a 4d, the something else that is the actual experience backed by the drop/bouncing?

sent from my bum via a fancy phone.

^ I was thinking about that, I reckon it could be a Pandora's Box - could certainly be interesting.

They are really just re-locating The Haunted from Drayton Manor, bat on a stick and everything

Looks like you'll exit into a shop so maybe on ride photos aswell.

Ooo, entry and exit lifts just before and after!

I hope they're Phantom Manor-esque...

How long before the lifts break and end up like XNWO? :p

Exit lifts seem weird. I'd have thought they would have just used stairs. Only reason I can think of is that they're trying to simulate it going much much deeper underground than the ride actually is.

What would be cool if it was like the Hellevator at the London Tombs but it actually went down. So it's like having a lift simulator being lowered which would give them the chance to actually drop is a small distance and make it much more realistic. :p

Apart from the X:NWO ones were purely for show, these are real fully functioning lifts.

Looks cool, I hope the story lines good its obviously going to be a flat ride in the dark, what kind of flat ride I can't make out, drop towers make no sense.

As long as its done to the same high standard of Hex, they will be on to a real winner. :)

^ Well, why would they be in the plans? If they're just for show, and dont actually do anything, they surely wouldn't need to label them as a lift?

Disabled access...? There are stairs labelled too...

This topic should probably be moved to ride construction now...a friend of mine went to Alton towers a week ago and saw a large hole being made between air and nemesis....presumably where the ride is going to be situated.

Actually, they're not disabled access at all looking at the plans?

Maybe it's a room that when you enter goes "Wow, you're looking good today, and have you lost weight? I think you may well be in line for a promotion soon, or at the very least some great sex! Have a great ride, was excellent to meet you"

Martyn B said:
^ Well, why would they be in the plans? If they're just for show, and dont actually do anything, they surely wouldn't need to label them as a lift?

To be fair, if you look at the plans the level of the entrance to the lift and the area proceeding it are identical so I would assume that the lift doesn't move. Plus the attraction FFL is the same as the lift area's.

I think the stairs may be to access the maintenance area underneath whatever is going in there. (or even a possible evacuation method!)

Then again, I could be wrong!