What's new

Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Disney

Re: Magic Kingdom | Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Unknow

^Still think It will open slightly late. I told myself I will not go back until this opens though. Hope it's worth the wait. At the very least it will be quality they year it opens. What happens after some of the effects and potentially animatronics stop working. I hope it remains quality throughout...

I believe that was what was announced. I'd expect it to open in Nov-Jan but that could just be my general disdain for how the parks have been handled by Iger and his regime

^Who is still correcting all the mistakes made by the previous person, but they are getting there. They are having to spend billions to put right all the things that were neglected.

^true. At least Eisner's Ego gave us plenty of new attractions etc.

Still his later years were highly detrimental as well...

Yep ones that broke and cannot be fixed :), Everest being the number 1 on that list.

Let not go there with California Adventure.

Hope it's open in time for my visit in Aug next year although from the posts people are...erm posting, that is looking unlikely.

It's supposed to open in 2014. My guess is it will be in the fall or around the holidays but it could be open or at least soft openings in august if they don't run into major issues.

I must say when it's complete, the theming will be stunning. Shame that it's just a family coaster which probably won't appeal to me. Just wondering though, are kids going to be particularly interested in the snow white theme? I mean, I know a lot of kids probably know the story, but is it going to interest them as much as if Disney chose a more modern film?

They need to hope it does as so far the new area has not attracted people.

They have come under a lot of stick as people have said it looks nice but there is just nothing there.

Nemesis of oblivion said:
I must say when it's complete, the theming will be stunning. Shame that it's just a family coaster which probably won't appeal to me. Just wondering though, are kids going to be particularly interested in the snow white theme? I mean, I know a lot of kids probably know the story, but is it going to interest them as much as if Disney chose a more modern film?

My daughter loves Snow White. She's three and 36" though, so maybe she'll be tall enough to ride it when it opens.

I do really hope this opens for August! I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah. This is a 2014 coaster…

Here's a pic of the last piece of track being lowered into position...

min100699SMALL.jpg

It was posted on the official Disney Parks blog. I'm really excited about this coaster, I think it'll look fantastic in the area when complete and should be a fun little ride.

EDIT: Kindly move along.

Ok so things appear to be moving on now. The back of the mountain is nearly complete which also has a couple of stores which will be opening in the next month or so.

j2cW9SVrleFod.JPG

jbg16KTwpITFQH.JPG

The rest of the ride is coming along nicely with lots still going on all over the place. There's rumours that testing of the coaster could start within the next couple of weeks so I'll keep my eye on the WDW blogs and forums.

jbiH1wHrscIBEV.JPG

jEfCQBDYIY1cF.JPG

I love the look of this bit

jbhdUJhbhOyOge.JPG

jbi3LQGsoAAZVe.JPG

Source: Orlando Park news