What's new

Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Disney

Re: Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Dis

bmac said:
I think it's more insulting to Vekoma by placing Intamin above them, but that's an argument for another thread.

:lol:

Yeah, I'll agree with this purely from the deathcounts.

I have to wonder: Maybe that one park can call Vekoma for help with Orphan Rocker now...

Maybe it's a time window they can't address it after the opening, because there are people far more knowledgeable about these things than I who have said the same thing about gag orders between Vekoma and Disney.

They have apparently started "push/pull" testing

BUZFjEuCEAMyd6a.jpg

https://twitter.com/WaltDisneyWorld/status/380067687969218561/photo/1

It's not opening until early 2014, we got the Disney Files mag through and that's what it says in there.

Here is another article that has some Q&A about the ride:

http://mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews ... 7_dwa.html

LAKE BUENA VISTA --
First, Disney laid its last piece of track in early June.

A month later, the first ride vehicle arrived.

And now, Imagineers have reached a new milestone - and they're stoked. During an official Disney Parks Blogs chat Monday, they revealed that the vehicles were moved - by hand - along the track.

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a family coaster that will take guests on a journey through the mine where the Seven Dwarfs spend their days digging for gems. The attraction, which is set to open in 2014, will feature music and characters from the classic Disney film “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Here are some of the highlights from the chat. It involved questions from a moderator and the public. Imagineer Dave Minichiello fielded the questions:

Q: Any update on the grand opening of the Mine Train?

A: We’re looking at 2014 and we haven’t set a date yet.

Q: Your team hit a milestone on mine train construction earlier today (Monday). What can you tell us?

A: We began push/pull testing. This was a major milestone that we achieved today. It allows the ride team to start moving the ride vehicle by hand, zone by zone, through the attraction ... If you’re at Magic Kingdom Park, be sure to take a peek through the construction window to possibly catch a glimpse. That will be ongoing now.

Q: Will the individual cars be stationary or swing freely side to side?

A: They’ll swing freely from side to side. We’ve developed a new ride system that allows each car to swing independently. We drew inspiration from the classic scene in the film “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.” So looking at the mine car from the classic film, we drew inspiration for our actual vehicle.

Q: How many people can sit in one car?

A: There will be two guests sitting side-by-side, so four people per car.

Q: How will it compare to an attraction like Big Thunder Mountain?

A: The Mine Train is developed as a family attraction, so the majority of the family should be able to ride. It’s thrilling but it also combines the best of our classic dark rides. You go both interior and exterior in this attraction. There are some classic Disney dark ride scenes.

Q: Will the Mine Train Ride be OK for little kids? What is the recommended age? Will there be any big drops in the ride?

A: The height restriction is 38 inches, which is typical of a lot of our attractions.

Q: Let’s talk about how Mine Train will fit in with the rest of New Fantasyland.

A: Mine Train is the centerpiece of New Fantasyland. It’s the final piece in the overall construction and what’s dynamic about it is that it’s centered in the land.

Q: What techniques have you had to use to make sure the Mine Train blends in seamlessly with New Fantasyland? How exactly do the Imagineers do such a great job transitioning from a French village to a Denmark sea castle to a German mountainside?’ How will you accomplish this visually?

A: It’s one of the only attractions we have in the park where you can walk around 80% of the attraction and look into it. What’s really fun is that guests both riding and viewing will have fun watching the attraction. The attraction will create a really amazing kinetic element in the center of the land when you can picture a number of ride vehicles on the track going around at the same time. All the way around it, including the mermaid side, the attraction has a little bit of the flavor of the attraction that’s opposite it.

Q: How will the storyline of the Mine Train be different than Magic Kingdom's previous ‘Snow White’ attraction, Snow White's Scary Adventures?

A: The Mine Train is the story of the dwarfs. So it’s going into the dwarfs’ world, but still has characters from the classic films, including Snow White. Because you are in the dwarfs’ mine, you are in their world.

Q: How many dark ride sections can we expect on the ride? I know there is the mine section, but are there any more?

A: The overall adventure is about the interior and exterior. You do go through a number of scenes that are interior and exterior for the storytelling experience.

Q: How big a role will Snow White have in the Mine Train coaster? Will we have an animatronic of her in there, too?

A: The storyline is from the dwarfs’ perspective, although there are special appearances - cameos - from other key characters within the film. Just be careful who you take apples from!

Q: I’ve seen a pretty little cottage in concept art for the ride and have spotted the steel shell of it being built now…and I wonder if that will be a building that guests walk through to get onto the ride. Can you tell us?

A: The cottage appears as an iconic show element within the whole mine train attraction and you will be able to look into the scenes and you see it in the distance as you approach the mine.

Q: Are you reusing any animatronics, statues, or props from Snow White’s Scary Adventures?’

A: We’re really excited about the new technology that we’ve used in this show, but keep your eye out for old favorites.

Yep that is what I read last night :)

I am actually looking forward to this simply due to the theming and new trains etc.

Though I believe Potter will thrash this next year, it is looking really cool. The only downside was how long it took to construct but seeing it start to come together, it's got a bit of Disney magic. Something Disney World has lacked for years. What I'm mainly looking forward too is where they talk about "you can walk around 80% of the attraction". Hopefully this will be great for picture opportunities plus adding more life into the area.

So, considering I usually badmouth Disney on this forum, it all does sound pretty amazing! Hopefully there won't be any major cuts...

It’s thrilling but it also combines the best of our classic dark rides. You go both interior and exterior in this attraction.

Eeee. Excited for this ride! :)

This is a totally different type of ride to the Harry Potter ride, this is a family ride and its not meant to be thrilling.

People who go to Disney for thrill rides will always be let down.

Disney do take ages to build proper themed rides which is a good thing or you end up with Toy Story Land.

marc said:
This is a totally different type of ride to the Harry Potter ride, this is a family ride and its not meant to be thrilling.

Disney do take ages to build proper themed rides which is a good thing or you end up with Toy Story Land.

Or,

they still take years and you end up with Cars Land...

**** Carsland

Everyone seems to love cars land so no idea what your comment meant tbh.

It's done wonders for the park and it looks great.

Youngster Joey said:
marc said:

Or,

**** Carsland

Yeah basically Cars land is **** amazing, visually and physically. Now pipe down and stop trying to make a fuss.

AJ said:
Youngster Joey said:
marc said:

Or,

**** Carsland

Yeah basically Cars land is **** amazing, visually and physically. Now pipe down and stop trying to make a fuss.

Marc: It did and does, but just a year after opening at least 2/3rds of the effects in the area no longer work, it's been defaced and just doesn't look as good as it did when it opens. Mind you in 5-10 years when they decide to finally refurbish the area it will be great again. The point I was trying to make is that no matter how good it is when it opens, if you don't see it then, it will likely be a shell of what it was.

AJ: Telling me to pipe down and not make a fuss is nothing more than hypocrisy coming from you...

God knows where you read or hear this stuff as I've asked a question on a forum and effects are working and the area is as good as new. People that go near enough every week seem to know about none if this. Yes every now and again an effect won't work or go a bit out of sync but by the following day it's been fixed.

They learnt their lesson with the yetti and dragon and only use things that can be fixed now.

Have you seen the none working effects or the de faced parts? Please feel free to post pictures etc.

Don't get me wrong have seen many effects not working on rides in Epcot but this was due to the rides such a Figment being done up in 6 months time and test track.