What's new

Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Disney

Re: Magic Kingdom | Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Unknow

The rock work is not really up to their normal standards tbh, yes I know it's plastic but it really does look it.

Seems a bit rushed.

Yep Peep agree with you that part does look nice.

I guess it isn't finished yet though, Give it time, we are talking about Disney here. ;)

Give it time! They've already been building it for about 5 years* - how much time do they need? :wink:

*yeah, slight exaggeration...

If its opening next month there is not much time.

Read the post wrong, it's the shops opening soon lol.

How come the topic says Unknown? I thought it was already confirmed that this ride is manufactured by Vekoma?

Screaming Coasters said:
Looks a little naff.. Shoulda got Hormay on the job, like Disney Paris do!

No thanks :)

Could be ahead of schedule by the looks, but I still Expect it to be a 2014 opening. Probably just in Jan-Apr instead what i thought would be Apr-July

Apparently they're taking their time with construction as they don't want to do anything while guests are in the park. Some say it's just to make people want to come back next year, probably a case of both.

marc said:
Screaming Coasters said:
Looks a little naff.. Shoulda got Hormay on the job, like Disney Paris do!

No thanks :)

Hormay is THE best rockwork company in the world. Zsolt Hormay was an Imagineer who formed his own company and they do a lot DLP and WDW stuff. They are responsible for Big Thunder Mountain in Paris, which is the most impressive and realistic looking mountain and they recently did Cars Land, which is why I'm surprised that they weren't used here for such a grand project.

http://www.hormayco.com

bmac said:
How come the topic says Unknown? I thought it was already confirmed that this ride is manufactured by Vekoma?

Because WDW's contract with Vekoma says that they aren't allowed to reference the projects that they do for Disney in almost any way. Not in catalogues, not in advertisement, press releases, etc. "Officially", it's an Imagineering project and Vekoma quietly acts as fabricator. Kind of/sort of how B&Ms are actually fabricated by that steelworking plant in Ohio, and they don't advertise what they do for B&M, even though everybody knows.

Vekoma likes to get money, and I'm sure the Mouse pays well, so they play along and keep quiet.

rollermonkey said:
bmac said:

Because WDW's contract with Vekoma says that they aren't allowed to reference the projects that they do for Disney in almost any way. Not in catalogues, not in advertisement, press releases, etc. "Officially", it's an Imagineering project and Vekoma quietly acts as fabricator. Kind of/sort of how B&Ms are actually fabricated by that steelworking plant in Ohio, and they don't advertise what they do for B&M, even though everybody knows.

Vekoma likes to get money, and I'm sure the Mouse pays well, so they play along and keep quiet.

Yeah I've not seen an official statement saying who the manufacturer is, so that's why it's still left as Unknown. I may have missed it though.

Happy to change it if somebody can provide a firm source :)

rollermonkey said:
bmac said:

Yeah I knew Vekoma just manufactured the track for Disney, I didn't know there was a contract of silence banning them from referencing anything Disney related in their resume.

furie said:
Yeah I've not seen an official statement saying who the manufacturer is, so that's why it's still left as Unknown. I may have missed it though.

Happy to change it if somebody can provide a firm source :)

I guess the firmest source we can get is to try and find the Vekoma sticker hidden somewhere in the station when the ride opens?

Nah, the firmest confirmation we've already gotten was sighting the track at the Vekoma plant in Europe.

Re: Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Dis

Thing is, I doubt Vekoma would mind keeping it all hush on the books because I can imagine Disney paying a **** load of money for the privilege. Vekoma can pretty much name their price..

Its like when you buy a new BMW. You can ask them to build one without the logo and model number, but it'll cost you an extra £200.

I say Vekoma win here!

Screaming Coasters said:
Thing is, I doubt Vekoma would mind keeping it all hush on the books because I can imagine Disney paying a **** load of money for the privilege. Vekoma can pretty much name their price..
Could they? They're not the only roller coaster manufacturer in the world! I see Disney rides as more like supermarket "own brand" products - they come up with the idea and work alongside a manufacturer to develop the product. If it doesn't work they can just use someone else, but the general public will be none-the-wiser. Vekoma and Disney seem to have a good working relationship but I'd guess they don't shout about it because the people who need to know that relationship already do.

You may see them as that, but Vekoma are one of the best coaster manufactures in the world.

As a top 3, the list would probably go -

B&M
Intamin
Vekoma

Vekoma are some of the most reliable rides in the world (lets forget about GIB's) and their latest stuff is just as smooth as any B&M now. I wouldn't discredit them at all. Its very naive to be placing them anywhere else, a lot of people forget how forward thinking they are. A lot of the technologies you see today wouldn't have been possible / made available so quickly without Vekoma.

I think it's more insulting to Vekoma by placing Intamin above them, but that's an argument for another thread.