What's new

Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Disney

Re: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster - Magic Kingdom (WDW)

The Little Mermaid dark ride has been soft opening recently:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnPz0mq2Fw8[/youtube]

Looks good, but won't drag me out to the states. Still waiting for part 2 of Potter and im not even a Harry Potter fan. To be honest Disney World hasn't impressed me in years and don't know if i'll bother visit all 4 parks when I do go unless they pull something of a higher standard then another Omnimover!

Nemesis of oblivion said:
Looks good, but won't drag me out to the states. Still waiting for part 2 of Potter and im not even a Harry Potter fan. To be honest Disney World hasn't impressed me in years and don't know if i'll bother visit all 4 parks when I do go unless they pull something of a higher standard then another Omnimover!

Which parks will you skip?

Is that an actual clone of the Cali one? That wasn't *quite* as good as the povs had made it look, but some of the animatronics are pretty incredible. It still made me cry. Mind you, it was my first Disney ride of the trip.

Anyway, yes, cred...

Re: Magic Kingdom | Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Unknow

Looks right to me, but I still want to see the physics with those lovely trains. I know the ride won't be the fastest kiddie ride in the world but there has to be a lot of awkward forces in the turns because of the trains :S.

It's certainly a short layout, not that it makes an ounce of difference when it comes to the ride experience which is bound to be chocked full of theme and special effects.

The vekoma part was confirmed ages ago.

Yeah, I thought the Vekoma clarification came from the Press Release for the ride itself?

^I thought it was but it wasn't changed on the topic so I wasn't sure. Still don't really get a great picture of any swinging that will happen.

It looks dire. Utterly tedious.

Even for families, this is very boring. What a disappointment.

I think it looks great... but we knew that already :p

With the added swinging motion of the cars it should make for a very interesting ride. Also note how Tom Staggs mentions how they've saved two surprises. Let the speculation commence! (prob not on here but Disney forums will probably try and figure out the 'surprises' with over 10 million pages worth of posts)

The track in the photos doesn't look Vekoma though. I know it's confirmed, but it's totally different from what we've seen from them before.

I think the dark ride section is going to be awesome! Remember this isn't a 'family' coaster, this is a kiddie coaster, like a rollerskater or similar. It's not going to be high-thrill, in any way. I don't know what people were expecting *eye roll*. It will still look gorgeous, especially judging from all the photos from New Fantasyland opening day.

Actually the track reminds me of the track INSIDE Expedition Everest.