What's new

Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Disney

Re: Magic Kingdom | Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Unknow

Even for families, this is very boring. What a disappointment.

I take it you've already ridden it then?

It looks fun from the that video, and that wasn't even the whole layout. I guess you have to look at this as dark ride with some bonus coaster bits. Though I did notice a lack of swinging....

Martyn B said:
Even for families, this is very boring. What a disappointment.

I take it you've already ridden it then?

It looks fun from the that video, and that wasn't even the whole layout. I guess you have to look at this as dark ride with some bonus coaster bits. Though I did notice a lack of swinging....

this. there was a lack of swinging but it could be the simulation doesn't show the swinging? I'm sure it will swing on the actual ride. Animations don't provide everything

It actually looks like there will be something akin to what happens on spinners. It hits the first block and it seems to unlock and allow swinging to happen.

This actually really interests me because I think it is a great concept. I think the swinging just wasn't able to be shown in the simulation. Wonder based on weight in the car if they will swing more or less if it really is a free swing more or less. No doubt the dark ride portion is going to be incredible, it is the rest that is up for debate, but families will eat it up.

If we can get more of this kind of ride that would be great. Arrow Suspended coasters are a lot of fun and it's a shame they are going away

The swaying of the cars was one of, if not, the biggest elements to make this a bit different and quirky. They won't lose it. I genuinely just think it's because of the animation, I wouldn't read into it anymore.

I think it looks great to be honest, it serves it's purpose for a fun little kiddie coaster.

Wee update:

dsc03461_0.jpg

dsc03463_0.jpg

dsc03464_0.jpg

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... 3#p1259123

There's also the taller indoor lift, that's housed inside that building above, but still, you're right. It's not that tall at all. It'll be great for families and kids though :D

^and since it is meant to be a family coaster that's fine. Any word on the lift hill angle?

Was just thinking that this is the 1st new coaster at Disney since Everest. They really do have huge gaps between then.

Im more interested to see how this is themed and tilts rather than anything else. We already know it won't be thrilling or anything like that.

There's lots going on at the moment and seeing as this topic hasn't been updated for 4 months there's definitely more to see now...

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG

Source

There's also a nice photo update over at WDW Magic

It's going to be a great family ride but the construction speed is too slow for me to be interested. It's looking a nice so far.

Nice view of space mountain from there now :(

Not sure what to say about this coaster, it's coming along well and will be cute.

Only a year and a half until Disney's done polishing this up...

Yay.