What's new

Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Disney

Re: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster - Magic Kingdom (WDW)

If you click view map, you can see the faint writing of Seven Dwarves Mine Train.

Awesome, wondered when a picture would surface of that. On my last couple of days in Florida they were moving all the track to the construction site. Shame it's going to take them so long to finish building this coaster but I'm very intrigued to see what they do with it.

So is everything I see at Fantasyland new/refurbed?

I've noticed that most things looks fresh and newish, but I have no clue as to what is new or old.

And whats with all the circus tents? There's like 3 massive tents and every ride seems to have its entrance area themed to a circus tent...?

Martyn B said:
So is everything I see at Fantasyland new/refurbed?

I've noticed that most things looks fresh and newish, but I have no clue as to what is new or old.

And whats with all the circus tents? There's like 3 massive tents and every ride seems to have its entrance area themed to a circus tent...?

This really split fantasy land. Peter Pan to Winnie the Pooh and closer to the castle is still the old stuff. The new stuff is mostly going in where Ariel's grotto is and where 20,000 leagues under the sea was. The tents as I recall are part of the Circus themed area as well as temporary Character meet and greet locations.

Any other questions or clarifications?

The other 'tent' looking stuff is meant to be medieval fanfare style awnings and facades. The only actual circus stuff is for Dumbo and the Goofy coaster.

And Fantasyland's rides are all different ages, for instance I've been going since 1994 and the Pooh ride was originally Mr. Toads Wild Ride. Things are chopping and changing and getting updated all the time so it's really hard to say which section is new/old because it's all kind of mixed together.

^You say that but Disney are advertising the expansion as 'New Fantasyland'

Hopefully their new site with a map of the 'new' stuff makes things clearer... Link

Obviously the coaster is missing off that but that's due to it not being ready for another couple of years :p

Oh yh, this expansion is the most 'obvious' they've ever done, because it's a whole separate new bit of land, but previously they've blended the old and the new rather seamlessly.

^It's the 20,000 League's space and Toontown's space So not really new per say but unused is a better word

Alright, splitting hairs a bit now, you knew what I meant.

Hey who wants to see some more concept images etc of the coaster? An interesting video went online with a talk with Imagineers, there's a section on the coaster design and the tests they went through.

LINK

As the article suggests the coaster talk doesn't start until about 21 mins into the video.

Here's some pics I took on Thursday:

SUC57913_zps62bc6e26.jpg

SUC57915_zps72de1d0e.jpg

SUC57528_zpsce34b145.jpg

Also, here's some pics showing that weird merge of Fantasyland/Tomorrowland (for anyone thats interested ;) )

SUC57997_zps8d9a227a.jpg

SUC57912_zpsc859da49.jpg

SUC57910_zps809cc1cd.jpg

^Those cut outs of the cards are only there for Halloween I think. You didn't even get a pic of the biggest problem I had with that area (I think it's more to do with the angle of the pic than anything). I shall have to find a pic somewhere and post it here.

Still, it's nice to finally see track sitting amongst that clump of metal and concrete.

Youngster Joey said:
^It's the 20,000 League's space and Toontown's space So not really new per say but unused is a better word

There is a good chunk of untouched land that is being added to guest space. Guest space for Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and part of Belle's Enchanted Tales is most addition space.

My biggest complaint is that there is no true anchor attraction (D Ticket Mine Train is not an anchor). The theme of it from Current Fantasyland varies by being outside of the castle walls vs within. The transition is nice, subtle, and classy. The change of StoryBook Circus' sign from the one presented in concepts is rather underwhelming when seen in person. Only adding one true new attraction (7DMT takes the place of Snow's Scary Adventures which is going the way of a Meet and Greet) takes some pizzaz out of it. Overly it is a good addition to spread guests out. LM will hopefully have more popularity here than in Cali. It is a near direct clone of Cali INSIDE after loading with the minor issues of Cali gone. MK now needs another ETicket since it has been 20 years since Splash opened.

Here is a parcel map that appears to just be fan made of the areas laid on top pre-expansion.

NewFantasyland-1.jpg

You've labelled 7DMT a D-ticket over a year before it opens?

Mmmkay...

This coaster looks like it will be VERY fun! Reminds me of an Arrow Suspended but, well... not suspended ;)

TrevorBondi305 said:
This coaster looks like it will be VERY fun! Reminds me of an Arrow Suspended but, well... not suspended ;)

I'm not sure how many times I've said this. Wonder if we may start seeing more suspended type coasters if this is extremely successful.

It would be neat seeing more swinging trains like what has been shown in the imagineering concept art. It certainly will take the uniqueness points, just have to wait for 2014 in order to find out how fun it is.

btw, I'm a sucker for unique rides like this.