What's new

Krake - B&M dive machine for Heide Park

A series of pictures takin from TPR (http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... &start=110)

tsh.jpg

79642379.png

preview_moormerland.jpg

16451519150476420963410.png

Does this mean the krake will have a splash-down while enclosed in the "krake" monster?

Yeah, the Splashdown must be "inside" or whatever. But, my God, this looks awful. It does absolutely NOTHING... It'll be a BIG surprise if this doesn't end up being dire.

Well if it is true what people are saying on TPR then it drops into the water splash and no longer into a hole, this would be a shame if true.

If they do not build a path there for people to watch it then as I said before the water splash it pointless other than slowing the train down :(

-lofty- said:
I have the feeling it's going to have a slightly open tunnel. As in just theming around it to create that 'tunnel' feel. Like the monsters mouth, and thats it, using the splash down to wet the theming and therefore wetting the guests if that makes any sense?

:roll: I thought looking at the construction pictures it was obvious it was going to do this?

Still, it does look pretty pointless. I hope the theming makes up for it..

I just do not think people will get wet, unless it is something totally new. From what I know unless it is a water coaster most companies like to keep trains out of water, Sheikra etc do not actually go in the water just some scoops do so I cannot see this coaster getting anyone wet.

I could be wrong but I just cannot see anyone getting wet on this, unless it rains :)

I'm not saying they get SOAKED, I mean look at Oblivion, you do get slightly damp (I was going to say moist, but just, NO), going through the tunnel, the drops and the mist create a damp atmosphere. Now, all as I was saying is, if they had say the 'Mouth' theming, with the water splash, it could get wet, now as the next train passes through, the drips will form a damp/wet atmosphere. Does that make more sense? :)

Maybe it will set a world record for largest water spout going through the splashdown!

Tbh I have yet to get wet moist or anything on oblivion apart from when it rains and am stuck on that brake run lol.

I know what you mean lofty I just don't see how this will work. The track next to it will get soaked if they don't block it, but I think they had all these great ideas and may have changed them :(. Nothing else is themed at the park so it would not shock me if they no longer theme this.

Hope I am wrong, we will see.

^Marc, Griffon's track gets drenched by the water splash, so erm... I'm too tired here...

And also in regards to Ben's earlier comment that it apparently does nothing, I think we can all turn to Exhibit A, which is of course Oblivion, which in coaster terms does even LESS than Krake...

Though it's very random that they would put the water splash at the beginning of the ride, but looking at the state of the station and queue building, the theming is nowhere near done, and panic stations should not be manned until further notice...

marc said:
Nothing else is themed at the park so it would not shock me if they no longer theme this.
Scream is the best themed drop tower I've ever seen and Desert Race has quite a bit of theming as well! Other rides like eg the bobsled and the powered coaster do have decent theming to :) I do hope they pull of the theming bit good, but I'm still dissapointed with the ride layout!

^ Bit off topic, but, best themed drop tower?
Have you saw Hurakan Condor? It's theming is fab and in plenty too..

^Well ok I didn't really think of mystery castle although I've ridden it :oops: but tbh I do think it's stunning visually but the ride experience is crap :(

^^I think the spears and painted tower on Scream imho is more impressive than Hurakan.

Sry for the off topic. My point is anyway that Heide do have some well themed rides, for those of you who haven't noticed :wink:

I had not seen Griffin so I stand corrected :).

Desert Run themed? I must have missed that. The powered coaster must have left a great impression I cannot even remember it lol.

^I don't think anyone said for sure it would be a "normal" Dive Machine Splashdown and not more along the line of Manta's, did they?

I think most are just going on the original plans that there would be a slash down. A lot of people now seem to think it will be after the drop to slow it down before the the turn.

Maybe it is now another thing that might not happen on this coaster?

UC said:
Of course, this isn't mentioning the fact that splashdowns typically require concrete pools to be built alongside the track (which, because of their construction, is done before the track is installed), which are used to both ensure a water source and to ensure that the water source is calm enough for a train to slam in to.

Like this?

http://tinyurl.com/6abynys

http://tinyurl.com/6gwehj8

http://tinyurl.com/5tmepgy

On the subject of a tunnel. There are indeed foundations for something beneath the drop:

http://tinyurl.com/5sfckww

Well whatever happens I would imagine that straight section of track after the drop is to have some kind of special effect. Whether it is a full-on splash down or a fake 'manta' style water fountain trick... although if it was the latter surely piping would be visible at this stage of construction?

Are you guys serious about that "Splashdown being first" idea?

Splashdowns act as natural brake sections, and are you really going to put that right in front of an immelman?

Of course, this isn't mentioning the fact that splashdowns typically require concrete pools to be built alongside the track

UC, take a step back before you comment, if you look at the full layout.

16451519150476420963410.png

It's clear the splash down is right after the drop, you can even see the concrete trough. An odd choice, but it doesn't look like it will hit the water for very long, I'm really looking forward to how they fit the monster into this.

I was just about to post that layout photo and a comparative with the Diamondback splash trough...

They do seem awfully similar in construct...
Diamondback
k9d6tji5btk89r000ltlpr.jpg

Krake
buq68s9000qvastjepp3ut.jpg

I suppose it depends on what you class as a proper 'splash-down' and what is simply a water effect...