What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

403770_3019163191609_1038519439_3062685_1579331805_n.jpg

Oh ... my god. That looks fun.

dsc04865__custom_.jpg

That'll just look beautiful in the snow...

Will the station have some kind of theming to it or will it just be a standard building saying "Skyrush" on it?

Urm, can you not SEE the clock tower in that picture you posted?

As far as I'd heard...it's themed to a railway station?

^?

I can see it, I was just saying that it will look great when it snows.
Not much point debating with one of the most prolific (at least in terms of post count) CF'ers ever!

CoasterCrazy said:
^?

I can see it, I was just saying that it will look great when it snows.
Not much point debating with one of the most prolific (at least in terms of post count) CF'ers ever!

Well you did ask if it had any theming, when clearly, the picture you posted had some. If it were to be the 'generic' station building you asked it might be, then why would they bother installing a clock tower?

And also, as UC says, it's nothing to do with post count.

CoasterCrazy said:

Excellent, does that mean you should all bow down and accept everything I say*? ;)

I think a "neat" station building with minimal theming is fine to be honest. I can't remember anything at Hershey being dramatically themed at all, it's just a pleasant kind of place. Heavy theming would counter what it has in that area I think which is very kind of "small time American country".

*Please don't, if nobody challenges us, then we don't learn when we are wrong. I'd rather make mistakes and be told; than make mistakes and have everyone either believing it, or laughing at me in secret ;)

^ I agree with Furie. Comet Hallow has Comet, Skyrush, and Superdooperlooper. Not much theming, just pretty generic rides.
I don't see how a ride called Skyrush would have a railway station theming, though.

Re: Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

UC, it was said within the documents that were released for SkyRush online either during, or a few days after its annoucement.

When I get home I'll find the official documentation, but it is to be themed to a railroad station of yesteryears and the Floating Gardens are being brought back for the creek as well where SkyRush is located. That and a new path to help ease congestion around Comet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

^^Who really cares about the station...its the ride that counts! This really is looking MEGA now!

furie said:
Excellent, does that mean you should all bow down and accept everything I say*? ;)

I guess I'll be using this button more then...

Furie is a little awesome

Hey...it doesn't work!

Fixed, you didn't praise me enough - Furie

Anyway, Skyrush and Stormrunner...the perfect "coaster duo". Getting a bit like CW now...

Correct, only the station is to be themed to a railroad station, not the entire ride itself. Where it came from (i think a misunderstanding on my part earlier on, but not too sure), idk.

Also, found out a bit of controversial (to me at least) info about the ride. By the end of the first hill, it will maintain a speed average of 45mph for the duration of the rest of the ride. Mr. Harris said that the ride will be trimless (as it was designed as such) and that the wheel combinatiom they are planning to use will govern? the speed throughout the first drop and over the hill...

Yummy... sexy internet twistyness... <3

418254_3055795627397_1038519439_3076319_1061451264_n.jpg

There are loads of good pictures of that s-bend on that site. Love it! :p

They are also doing clearance testing as well! Hooefully this starts teating soon. Whilst I enjoy being a pessimist for this ride, I still cant wait to ride it.