What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Oh my .... that is looking really amazing!
I wish hershey were open for longer so that I would be able to ride this!

I know right?!
Looks exactly like a smaller version of I305 .... not a huge coincidence I guess.
But Im really thinking Skyrush is going to be much more snappier and compact than originally thought ... at least by me.

From Screamscape:

db_2012_0215_SkyRush31.jpg

<3

Nope, they still have to finish the turn before the Stengel Dive and the turn after the first airtime hill, and the turn around after the stengel dive. Plus more track needs to go in over Comet's station

I didn't realise how drawn out that first Airtime hill is, it'll still produce good airtime, obviously, but, yeah, It's a lot more drawn out than I imagined.

Also, that is NOT a Stengel Dive, it's a polar opposite, it's a reversed Stengel if anything.

Why is it not a Stengel Dive? :? The ones on Maverick are, so why isn't this?

After all, a Stengel Dive is only an overbanked hill type corner is it not?

Because this is took in a totally opposite direction as Goliath's if I've seen it correctly, the entrance is the "Overbank" half section, followed by the exit of the element being the banking transition from right to left. Goliath's is the banking change, from "normal" to a steep right bank, then followed by the downward curve of the "overbank half". That's the best way I can explain it.

It's the same concept as a Dive loop and Immelmann. They're both similar elements, but taken the complete kind of polar opposites. The half loop followed by a banking change and angled descent compared to an angled rising then a half loop. So if these two are completely different elements, why does that rule not apply for this when it's the EXACT same scenario?

Because those two are actually different...

Stop getting sad it does something Goliath does <//3

Ben said:
Because those two are actually different...

Stop getting sad it does something Goliath does <//3
I'm not getting sad, I'm just trying to clarify it, because it's getting me rather confused.

Yeah, Dive Loops and Immelmann's are actually in the same bracket as what we're talking about though, very similar elements, taken in opposing manners. That's the only reason I stated what I did above.

You possibly are correct though, I don't want anything come as close as how amazing that element on Goliath is (yes, I am being sarcastic ;) ).

It's not a Stengel Dive, there is only one of those, and it's in Holland.
A Stengel Dive is not about how it looks, it's about how it rides.

This should make it clear:

"It'll be a fun element. I have a feeling it'll ride similarly to the turn on Dominator, just much quicker rotation and more speed. The pictures and the POV tell a completely different story but if there's anything that's not positive G it'll be after the rotation and near the downward fall. On Goliath the Stengel Dive is tall and meant to provide 0g at the top of the rotation. It can do this because its at the right height for there to be floater. On this, its carrying so much speed its basically impossible to achieve that with a hill so small. Watching Robs POV from Goliath makes it pretty clear the train loses the right amount of speed to have a weightless effect. This hill is just too small and too low to produce this.

I don't see what it matters. I remember Stengel describing that element and its purpose, this doesn't do that. Still, I LOVE the shaping of that overbanked turn. Train is going to haul azz through there. If I wasnt using my vacation days for a trip to Hawaii, a trip involving Hershey and other east coast parks would be in order.

Its not even a thingy. Its an overbank, but you may call it a Stingy-dival for all I care. I just know how its going to ride, and it won't be like the real Stengel Dive on Goliath, Unless there are tons of brakes or thruster's mounted throughout the ride.
It's just a regular overbanked turn."

So not a Stengel dive.

Re: Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Hershey themselves call it an overbank, so im gunna call it an overbank (inb4 Levia barrel-roll). Why? As the new train is going to cause different forces than from Mav or Goliath (depending on which you rode) that one is used to due.

To be honest, it is literally reminisce of MilFs overbank turn, just closer to the ground and not as banked. It barely seems to go over 90*, as in 90-93* tops.

This isnt a CF or SF owned park, but one that gives us all the info about their ride during a proper press release and doesnt give misidentification nor forgot elements.

This is wishful thinking from some crack at TPR because they wanted the ride to seem cooler. Why? Cause it is a **** layout from a company with higher expectations. Dominators overbank after the first loop is there for the crowd, is that a stengal dive? How about The New Texas Giant? It has an overbank that is FAR better shaped to that of a stegal dive than found Rush, why isnt that considered a stengal dive? How about any ride, from any manufacturer that has a slight overbank on any form of hill fod whatever reason...why arent they getting special treatment like this little overbank is?

Until hershey themselves come out and say STENGAL DIVE and one overbanked turn, then this has 2 overbanks. Nothing else.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Re: Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

TRAIN IS ON SITE!

Edit: le pic

431201_240874359339720_100002514735421_498839_1506364725_n.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk