What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

I had hoped the drop would be at its steepest angle for longer but I guess you'd need the drop to be a good 30-40ft taller to really pull that off. At 85° it's still 10° steeper than the latest B&M hypers and 5° steeper than Leviathan so i'm confident that it will be a good start to the ride. Plus you can't see right to the bottom of the drop in that picture so I don't think it really does it justice.

Ben said:
I think they lied about the height, it's not really as tall as they said <//3

It hits 200 feet, the extra 12 feet are going to be a Flag of some kind stationed atop the lift on the steps.

If you had looked at other pictures, I believe the track is actually going to be slightly elevated off the structure. What I mean is, instead of it going along the trusses the entire time, it will actually lift off of it at a certain point, and possibly have a 5-15ft space between the highest point of the track, and the trusses. I can't find the exact picture to help explain this, but it was a near dead on shot of when the first truss involved track was placed...it doesn't fit exactly to it, and is off of it by just a small amount.

As to the whole trim drama a while back, something about the ride itself isn't adding up in my mind. At a near 20 mph lift, the train is going to roar through that layout in an unforgiving manner. Since none of those trim spots have been added elsewhere (that we KNOW of, as more track is still to be installed, namely the main two airtime hills), I get the feeling that the lift will be slowed when you reach the top, like El Toro does.

Intricks said:
Ben said:
I think they lied about the height, it's not really as tall as they said <//3

It hits 200 feet, the extra 12 feet are going to be a Flag of some kind stationed atop the lift on the steps.

If you had looked at other pictures, I believe the track is actually going to be slightly elevated off the structure. What I mean is, instead of it going along the trusses the entire time, it will actually lift off of it at a certain point, and possibly have a 5-15ft space between the highest point of the track, and the trusses. I can't find the exact picture to help explain this, but it was a near dead on shot of when the first truss involved track was placed...it doesn't fit exactly to it, and is off of it by just a small amount.

As to the whole trim drama a while back, something about the ride itself isn't adding up in my mind. At a near 20 mph lift, the train is going to roar through that layout in an unforgiving manner. Since none of those trim spots have been added elsewhere (that we KNOW of, as more track is still to be installed, namely the main two airtime hills), I get the feeling that the lift will be slowed when you reach the top, like El Toro does.

Yeah, he was being sarcastic, you could see that a mile off ;)

In terms of if slowing down at the top? I think it might not to be honest, not a lot of other Intamin Mega's do. El Toro's lift is followed by an immediate left turn, this is just a drop, following the same rulings with other Intamin coasters, I don't think it will be slowed!

The drop is going to get trimmed to hell, that is the second most obvious thing about this ride. Number one being it's an eye sore. Still excited to ride this in June.

Someone on TPR went on a tour of the construction site and asked the guy about trims and he said there would be no trims on Skyrush.

Yeah, there was also supposed to be a barrel roll on Maverick, no trims on I-305 (or changed drop), and launch cables weren't supposed to have an appetite for cell phones or smacking some kid in the face. This thing will get trimmed, maybe not in the first few weeks or months, but just like a B&M hill, you will get raped by a trim.

tomahawKSU said:
The drop is going to get trimmed to hell, that is the second most obvious thing about this ride. Number one being it's an eye sore. Still excited to ride this in June.
Goliath (Walibi World), Bizarro, Expedition Geforce & Thunder Dolphin, to name a few, have all got HUGELY DIABOLICAL trimmed drops... so yeah, I can, ENTIRELY, see where you're coming from :roll:

Just because I305 had it's dropped trimmed, means this will do as well...

^Babes, dropping EGF into a "Intamin don't rape things with trims" argument is like dropping Hitler into a "not everyone's a dick" argument.

OK, that's the ONE part it's not trimmed on...

I really hope Skyrush is like that so we can enjoy one drop before it turns **** ¬_¬

^Well said UC. I think that's the end of that then...

Remember, think of I305 as almost a prototype, I'm sure Intamin have learnt their lesson now.

Small "teaser" update from Keystone thrills:

432161_2956765791713_1038519439_3041007_687499404_n.jpg

:--D
Surprised that no other nationalities were involved...but then the US is a BIG country!

UC said:
1. Maverick's barrel roll was taken out due to train stress, not rider stress. The extreme snapping motion was taking a huge toll on the wheel assemblies. It was a case of trying something new that they weren't able to completely identify as an issue until it was built. That won't be the case here.

2. I305 was guest complaints. Besides, the ride is 305' tall and pounded riders at 95 mph in to a sustained flat turn. That's a very, very different situation than we have here.

3. You can't honestly sit here and blame the cell phone issue on them...the cable that exploded, yeah, alright, but it isn't like random mechanical failures don't happen on most coasters (it's just that most rides don't push the limits like Intamin's do). The cell phones, though? Give me a break. People just need to learn that the warning signs and lockers aren't there for atmosphere.

4. As for Intamin's "trim raping," at least you can be confident that they're only going in as a last resort - not from the get-go (Behemoth, Leviathan). Trust me, Intamin don't trim they're rides unless they're essentially forced to, and most of the time, it's park request. There's nothing they can do about that.

The majority of Intamin's coasters are not trimmed heavily, and many of them that have trims at all, they're in such insignificant locations and meant to trim very specific parts of the ride. Heck, S:RoS/Bizarro at SFNE has had a trim just before its final two bunny hops ever since the second or third year it was open, and isn't it the all-time record holder for most #1 finishes on the Mitch Hawker?

Calm the heck down. I'm sure the ride will be fine.

To defend myself, I still feel this ride will be enjoyable, but just like I-305, you drop immediately into a turn, which is going to get several guest complaints about forces, despite being 100 feet shorter. The entire layout is low to the ground (in terms to relative height of the ride) turns that will cause strong forces. The turn won't be anything as substantial as I-305, clearly, but you are going to get some very strong forces, and if a few months of bitching got I-305 neutered, you can't say this has no chance of being trimmed.

The cell phone comment was more of a joke, but they do have full control of the cables snapping. Yes, Maverick was a train stress issue, but did any person ever ride it with the actual barrel roll in? That is a legitimate question as I don't know.

To me it seems like this will be neutered in some way, but if it doesn't by season 2, I will take my words back.

Getting a bit shocked now. This is getting slated yes the new boring coaster layout at portaventura is getting loads of love.

Is is clearly going to be better than a forceless trimmed B&M?

I think the reason PA's new coaster is getting more love than this is because there is more chance of a lot of members going to PA than Hershey.

I personally think both look **** and nothing to even get remotely excited about, and I'm to going Hersheypark.

I've been following this topic, but all I can think about is how dull and vile it looks. I wish I could add more so that UC could post a long winded response about researching before you post, but I seriously can't.

Btw I did not mean my post to start a row or anything before anyone starts.