What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

Re: "Verbolten" Multi-Launch Zierer for BGWilliamsburg

Venom2053 said:
Hey don't hate on Cheetah Hunt :( what other coaster has multiple-launches?
The GT Challenge coaster at Ferrari World. I know it's different but it's an answer to your question...

The Mummy has various launches as well. So did Speed The Ride. And some other Premiers?

^Italian Job Stunt Track Test Coaster or whatever the the **** they're called.

Oh, and to show that I didn't just post to join in the ritual humiliation of the kid who made a mistake and stay and topic:

(insert coaster here) is looking better and better all the time! This should be really great for (insert park here)!

Re: Re: "Verbolten" Multi-Launch Zierer for BGWilliamsburg

gavin said:
(insert coaster here) is looking better and better all the time! This should be really great for (insert park here)!

Is it odd that I read that part in a GlaDos voice?

Also, I just call those rides an annoyance of a cred ><

Posting just cause :3

Switching between the hideouts'...

^I hope not, because that's exactly how I read that as well, haha.

Fairly sure Gavin's adopted, so, that's funny too.

And yeah, Italian Job... This will probably be about as good as they are! Wooo for BGW!

yes but all of those except speed the ride stop the train completely before beginning a new launch...just trying to redeem myself a little.

Also I can't see this coaster staying as a major attraction at BGW for very long. I think the excitement of it will die out a year after opening.

Italian Job doesn't really STOP, but slows down drastically at the second launch for the visuals. Speed doesn't slow down during its second launch. Maverick hasn't stopped before the second launch for me, but did slow down drastically.

Note, this isn't meant to be a major attraction in the sense of enthusiast crowd pleaser, but a family crowd pleaser.

Venom2053 said:
yes but all of those except speed the ride stop the train completely before beginning a new launch...just trying to redeem myself a little.

Also I can't see this coaster staying as a major attraction at BGW for very long. I think the excitement of it will die out a year after opening.
The GT Challenge coaster at Ferrari World doesn't slow down... you are not redeemed -_-

This coaster will be a completely fine addition. Perhaps not for us, the enthusiasts. But for families and the GP, its a perfect addition and will remain popular for a while. Remember, I still think this ride will be lots of fun, just nothing omg

Ethan said:
Do you guys know that the drop section of the track is up? Not sure if it's been posted yet...
http://bgwfans.com/?p=1307

Yea it was posted a couple of weeks ago. At least it'll make it a little different, thirteen is the only coaster i know that has one like this.

It doesn't look like that far of a drop... How big is th13een's?

^About 20 feet. This one looks about the same height...

^ to me this drop looks lots smaller that thirteens, although you can not see it.
Track is now up and lots of supports ! you can see pics on BGW fans forum (if you are a member)

Did they have to write 'bgwfans' across every dam photo?
Its very annoying.
The ride is looking good though!
Could someone who is a member maybe post the photos of track and support up?
If so, that'd be great, if not, no worries

^They do that so no another site won't go and steal it and claim it as their own, pretty sure you know which one I am talking about.

Don't know if this has been addressed, but how in the heck is this coaster going to have any capacity. It looks like it's almost too long for it's own good especially considering the drop section. Even with the block sections at each launch it just seems like it would be hard to run more than maybe two trains at once.

reddude333 said:
Don't know if this has been addressed, but how in the heck is this coaster going to have any capacity. It looks like it's almost too long for it's own good especially considering the drop section. Even with the block sections at each launch it just seems like it would be hard to run more than maybe two trains at once.

By the apparent new info regarding a Dual Loading Station and about 5 block sections >,>

Haha, I guess that deals with the issue. But I still am having a hard time seeing this coaster with a decent capacity (depending on train length I suppose.

That drop mechanism looks so complicated and messy compared to Intamins on Th13teen.

I have to say I didn't expect to see such an element on another coaster for a long time aswel.