What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Temleh

Mega Poster
@ATI “You Guess Who” I get the joke but come on, proper credit to them (Theme Park Updates) would still be nice.

Now, if @Coaster (who runs Theme Park Updates) is sat on the front row - who’s taking the pictures? Maybe he’s bought a highly advanced drone.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
33020767_1754101924672320_3903325828326359040_o.jpg
Looks like they're really pushing the turning radius of the trains! Excellent stuff!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
The front lights in the dark make the trains look so badass.

This coaster looks really solid. Let's see if it rides as well as it looks.

Matt N

CF Legend
On a random note, I can't wait for Amanda Thompson's first ride on Icon on Wednesday. I'm quite surprised she hasn't already ridden it, but I can sense it will go something like this if past rides on similar coasters are anything to go by (insert necessary expletives where you feel the need to):
*Amanda is smiling as train leaves station*
*Ride launches*
Amanda: BLOOMIN' HELL!
*Train ascends airtime hill and drops into inclined loop*
Amanda: YOU SAID IT WAS NICE! IT'S BLOOMIN' HORRIBLE!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
On a random note, I can't wait for Amanda Thompson's first ride on Icon on Wednesday. I'm quite surprised she hasn't already ridden it, but I can sense it will go something like this if past rides on similar coasters are anything to go by (insert necessary expletives where you feel the need to):
*Amanda is smiling as train leaves station*
*Ride launches*
Amanda: BLOOMIN' HELL!
*Train ascends airtime hill and drops into inclined loop*
Amanda: YOU SAID IT WAS NICE! IT'S BLOOMIN' HORRIBLE!
Surely she's done it? The rider cam would be a laugh though!

BBooth2

Roller Poster
Rode it yesterday,
Realy great coaster, was just expecting it be much more feisty!
The latter end of the second half was just slow meandering. And felt almost as tame as Air in parts.

It didn't have the wow factor for me, and was absolutely lacking a punch!!
Slightly underwhelmed, but overall a half decent attraction for the park, truly can't see it being better than blue fire, and I haven't even rode it.
Maybe a re-ride later in the year may change my mind but for now that is my honest opinion on ICON

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
What a shame. Such high hopes, but the pacing is off in both sections. Still looking forward to riding it next month but don't think it will displace Nemesis as my fave UK coaster.

peep

CF Legend
Rode it yesterday,
Realy great coaster, was just expecting it be much more feisty!
The latter end of the second half was just slow meandering. And felt almost as tame as Air in parts.

It didn't have the wow factor for me, and was absolutely lacking a punch!!
Slightly underwhelmed, but overall a half decent attraction for the park, truly can't see it being better than blue fire, and I haven't even rode it.
Maybe a re-ride later in the year may change my mind but for now that is my honest opinion on ICON

Honestly, this is what I've always expected from Icon after riding Helix. In no way do I think it'll be a bad ride, it just won't be as intense as something like Taron. Thanks for an honest opinion and not just hyperbole.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
It looks to be running slower in that POV than in real life, so I presume the train is empty.
I hope so, although it seems this POV was filmed in the afternoon/evening based on where the sun is located so can't use the argument of early in the day so needs to warm up.
@BBooth2's review seems to be in line with the POV, I'm sure once the Live happens and more of our members ride it we will get a load of none ERT biased reviews.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
They're still using the "same forces as a racing driver" line from when they announced the ride. The "theme" is all over the place.

BBooth2

Roller Poster
The POV uploaded recently honestly sums it up, the second launch was barely noticeable, entering the break run on wickerman I was clapping my hands and cheering, this was just a, oh is that it kind of feeling.