What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

Matt N

CF Legend
So it is testing:-
26734140_1468462926599921_3090559583285338388_n.jpg

Photo by Attraction Images.
Yes! Yes! We have a picture of it testing! Now all we need is... a video of it testing!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Some more pictures by Attraction Images:-

A zoomed out photo of the one with the front of a train in view.
26240769_1468476753265205_225316076009547622_o.jpg

26758684_1468563866589827_1644186006053920803_o.jpg

The one @Lofty posted:-
26239173_1468483956597818_3120633649044618325_n.jpg

An overview of the front of the park:-
26678161_1468490406597173_4753410552200229554_o.jpg

EDIT:- Found these on Towers Times:-
DThE8-GXcAAg9Cs.jpg:large

And perhaps the best:-
ofE6klz.jpg

Last edited:

Sandman

Giga Poster
I did think it would look good from ground level, and I think that photo does look really good. When the trees are fuller though, I reckon it'll pop even more. The constant barrage of aerial photos have just made everything look pretty flat and dull, so I'm glad we're starting to see it from the ground now.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Those near misses though...
I'm not bothered that this coaster is small tbh. I'm just imagining it as more of a wooden mega-lite than a small family coaster.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, this has suddenly leapt up in my estimations. This could look really good once it's all polished off. I do hope that there are decent viewpoints of this coaster from around the paths and stuff - it'll really add to the atmosphere of the area.

Will

Strata Poster
I also want to play this game.
ofE6klz.jpg

In all seriousness though, this is the best non-concept art picture I've seen of the ride so far - I'm almost impressed with the theming. Well done to the photographer for finding an angle this thing looks half-decent from :)

Mitchell

Roller Poster
^This is why I love these forums, stuff like this don't happen on TPR or pretty much anywhere on the internet anymore.
Regarding Wicker Man, I think the layout is pretty solid, the theming goes beyond my expectations so for now it's just waiting for a pov to be released to see how it rides.

Peet

Giga Poster
I'm still pinching myself that we finally have a woodie at Alton Towers after decades of waiting and 2 disappointing false starts (cross-valley woodie and coaster corner woodie).

Thanks for the great pictures and great banter, happy Monday everyone!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I've just realized, in this picture there are yellow "things" on the lift hill every 20ft or so. I wonder if this is to do with the silent anti-rollback system.
DThE8-GXcAAg9Cs.jpg:large

Lofty

CF Legend
If anyone was questioning if this coaster will have a speedy end, just look at the final banking ;)

In seriousness though, love the Wicker Man structure, they've done an excellent job on it. Plus, as a narrative, the fact that as you enter one side of the structure, it's a Ram's head and as you enter the opposite side it's a man - to symbolise a change through magic/the fire is really ****ing cool. I'm sure @Joey would agree with that.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Find it interesting that at the start of the ride, you've got 3 separate buildings, but only 1 of the 2 outdoor sections between those buildings is in a tunnel. Always found it strange that they didn't just create one large building, but the fact they've decided to risk potential light bleed into the main pre show building is...odd. Unless of course they just haven't started building it yet, but that seems unlikely given the others are practically finished.

But yeah, looks good, can't wait to see a testing video so everyone can moan about it looking slow.