What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1st

Looking at it, I think there will be a mini vertical drop. Where the square gap thing is in the station foundations that lead towards the rest of the underground section, that is where I think it will be. In the first photo, you can see it better near the centre of the image.

That could be where the glass floor will be for the shop though?

Edit: Ooooh Martyn you naughty boy, they're after you for posting the images on here (even though I swear I read they were open to be posted elsewhere after 24 hours :? )

Smithy said:
That could be where the glass floor will be for the shop though?

Edit: Ooooh Martyn you naughty boy, they're after you for posting the images on here (even though I swear I read they were open to be posted elsewhere after 24 hours :? )

God this whole unique images stuff is a load of childish crap isn't it? I'm assuming these pics are off TTF... God forbid these pictures of construction be shared around so that they don't regain the membership they lost earlier in the year...

Pathetic...

LOL. The images were upload on t'internet, anyone can use them.

And they're covered in the TT logo, it's not like I'm trying to claim them as mine.

What's been going on then?

Martyn B said:
LOL. The images were upload on t'internet, anyone can use them.

And they're covered in the TT logo, it's not like I'm trying to claim them as mine.

What's been going on then?

I'll link you in a PM, doubt the mods will want me posting stuff about other sites in here

Or I would, if their forums were accessible. But yeah, someone posted with a direct link to your post saying that the pictures had been stolen, and was told to PM one of their mods to deal with it. Idk if they'll ask Ian to take it down or ask you directly but I'd assume they'll probably end up banning you from their forums to keep the stuff 'exclusive'. I'll not comment on what I think of that, but as the images are watermarked and you've not posted them all I can't see a problem personally.

Can we stop bashing other sites, please. Can we stop talking about bashing them in PMs. In general, can we stop being nasty about other human beings? Thanks.

In my personal view there is nothing wrong with posting the images from TT on here. It's not against the rules on CF.

We don't need a discussion about Towers Times and what everyone thinks about what they choose to do on every page. Just stop it, everyone.

Thanks.

^^ I've seen that. The guy who run's the site has posted since and he didn't comment on it, and I haven't been banned, so I guess there is no problem there. And like some other member on there pointed out, them pics come up if you Google it.

Towers Street has some new pics:

081212_19.jpg

http://sw7.towersstreet.com/category/construction/

TheCoasterCruiser said:
^ Lol, how many Alton Towers fan sites is there?!

Looking forward to see how this turns out.

Don't go there! The whole TST/TTF saga is very complicated and utterly petty.

Do you have some pics? Or they super-duper-top secret ones? :p

Dar said:
Do you have some pics? Or they super-duper-top secret ones? :p

There aren't any pics yet but TowersTimes claims that vertical contruction has begun and they will be releasing photos tonight...

There are some supports up, but no track. Nothing interesting.

^yup, that's more or less it really. Some track can be seen on the construction site itself, but then that's nothing new, either.

This topics been gathering dust lately, despite having 170+ pages of practically nothing. But here we go, this is where it all starts, erection!

Im really grateful of these aerial shots, I love keeping up with the construction of rollercoasters, especially in my favourite/local parks, plus I can't decypher any of the layout from the plans, so I'm really curious about that.

^ Yeah, I think they're really cool too. A bit over the top, yes, but where would we be without overenthusiastic enthusiasts? Sites like RCDB wouldn't exist for a start </////3.

It'll probably start going up really quickly now <3.

Status
Not open for further replies.