What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1st

That Coaster-Lab guy seems exceedingly talented. I agree with John, I bet he is working at Gerstlaur, I bet said design won't be used on SW7.

Seems like you'd have to climb around the restraint to get to that walkway bit.
Ah, I meant for attendants to check restraints and for people to pass through the train for whatever reason (which is more people than you might think), not to reach their seats.

Jared said:
Nemesis of oblivion said:
Rumoured to be the ride car design for SW7.

1zv34ht.jpg

It's been appearing on forums and facebook pages.

I'll just blow that out of the water right now as not being the trains... http://coaster-lab.com/train-designs/ They were designed by a kid who is pretending to work for Gerstlauer...

Give that 'kid' a break, he's obviously amazing at designing new concepts as well as coaster trains.
Really, check things up before you start to say things as he is 'pretending' to work for Gerstlauer, heck, why is it even necessary for you to do so?

Sorry, I just had to point this out as it was annoying me.

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Give that 'kid' a break, he's obviously amazing at designing new concepts as well as coaster trains.
Really, check things up before you start to say things as he is 'pretending' to work for Gerstlauer, heck, why is it even necessary for you to do so?

Sorry, I just had to point this out as it was annoying me.

The guy is clearly talented and I'm glad his talent and enthusiasm have got him a place in Gerstlauer to work in the industry he loves.

Jared maybe used the wrong wording, but his reasons for checking are important. It's so easy in this game for somebody to release "fan art" or a different concept and lay claim that it's an official part of the development. Before you know it, everyone knows what the new trains look like and are spending pages and pages discussing the designs; then suddenly after weeks of "knowing" it turns out to be untrue or "a mistake". It's better to find out in the first place if there is truth or not - checking sources is an important act.

So yeah, Jarred could have approached the phrasing better, but the reasons for doing it a very valid.

We know the guy has worked 4 months for Gerstlauer (or so his LinkedIn says), so his designs are very unlikely to have anything to do with this coaster. It was a valid bit of background checking.

He was doubting the credentials of the guy and claiming he's a lier. No where does Coaster-Lab state the train is official or will be used on SW7, it's enthusiasts who've slapped that on. It wasn't a poor choice of words on Jared's part, it was an assumption.

furie said:
Jared maybe used the wrong wording, but his reasons for checking are important. It's so easy in this game for somebody to release "fan art" or a different concept and lay claim that it's an official part of the development. Before you know it, everyone knows what the new trains look like and are spending pages and pages discussing the designs; then suddenly after weeks of "knowing" it turns out to be untrue or "a mistake". It's better to find out in the first place if there is truth or not - checking sources is an important act

Exactly we should check up the sources etc. of the content we post, and that goes both ways.

Some news from TT. Track has begun to be moved onto the construction site,. Hopefully vertical construction starts soon, if the weather allows it to happen that is.

They're too busy whinging over there that the tracks not up yet so it must definitely be ages behind schedule and won't be open in time and they can ascertain this from a helicopter picture taken two weeks ago.

Lul.

I also enjoy bitching about other websites.

I do find there's an irony that construction for SW7 has been delayed. As has their ability to fly a helicopter to take photographs. Probably due to the same reasons.

How do we know its delayed?

Has anyone noticed over the past few years how quick coasters are built now days even 300ft ones?

Yeah, I agree about nobody knowing if it's behind schedule or not. This is what annoys me about some enthusiast's, just because the track hasn't been erected in the time scale that someone thinks, "it's CLEARLY behind schedule", when in fact none of us have seen the official planing of schedule. Damn them jumping the gun.

People want it to be behind schedule because it explains to them why not much vertical construction has been done compared to other coasters for 2013.
And also it adds a sense of drama to the narrative they are subconsciously constructing for the building process.

Humans can't accept randomness so they try and shove it into a narrative. They probably find the concept of "building a coaster against all odds and time" a romantic one.

But yes, the only evidence that it is behind is word-of-mouth from anonymous sources who work there. And also assuming it is from photographs.

Ok seriously. Nobody knows. It's not due to 'human nature' or whatever, it's Alton fanboys panicking.

^^ Oh and I agree with you Mark.

This was the state of play as of the 5th:

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

That whole area really is huge!

Yep, I can tell that they're definitely behind schedule, God, you'd think they'd have planned for this.

It's so odd seeing something other than the Block Hole tent.

I'm liking the station area so far. Doesn't look 'plonked' there.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a nice little indoor vertical drop!

Just wonder if these longer trains can actually do a vertical drop though.

Status
Not open for further replies.