What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1st

They're pretty far behind schedule. I wonder if they'll get it done in time.

^Well, it's a Eurofighter after all. Once all footers are done, I bet it will be up in less than a month.

*facepalm.jpg*

:roll: :lol:

Didnt furie decree that ¿ was to be used when making sarcastic comments? I swear he did in another thread...

The pictures show it's at least six months behind lol :)

That bit of track will definitely need to be reprofiled, I can tell just from looking at it.

I would just like to point out that the above photos are incorrectly credited. For some reason I am not permitted to post links so I am not able to provide the original source of the photos, but they are from myself on page 13 of the TowersStreet SW7 topic. I would appreciate it if the correct credit for my photos could be given. Thanks.

:)

marc said:

You can't say that for sure. You don't have access to their schedule. It might be on time. Or even a week behind.

You can however say that you are concerned that it appears that it might be behind schedule.

In less you have access to the schedule for construction, you cannot make informative statements about the progress. You can only state subjective opinion based on your own observation.

Hey, quick, look over there... Nope, you missed it... That sarcasm was just a little too quick for you catch that time ;)

scw55 said:
marc said:

You can't say that for sure. You don't have access to their schedule. It might be on time. Or even a week behind.

You can however say that you are concerned that it appears that it might be behind schedule.

In less you have access to the schedule for construction, you cannot make informative statements about the progress. You can only state subjective opinion based on your own observation.
He was being sarcastic, like 90% of the posts since the photos of the track were posted :roll:

Rob 92 said:
I would just like to point out that the above photos are incorrectly credited. For some reason I am not permitted to post links so I am not able to provide the original source of the photos, but they are from myself on page 13 of the TowersStreet SW7 topic. I would appreciate it if the correct credit for my photos could be given. Thanks.

I'm sorry.
I posted a link to the site where I first found the pictures, and on that site is posted 3 sources, and I didn't bother finding the original at the time.

Rob 92 said:

Here you go Rob.

http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/planni ... inued/180/

Hopefully things will continue progressing more at a rapid pace, and the pit can be covered.

^ Not really. Supports have been up for a week or so now, so they were first, in terms of track, possibly. The photos are just TOO hard to work out what's what at the moment.

LOL, as if someone joined up just for that, because them pics are something to be REAL proud of...

Lofty said:
scw55 said:
marc said:

He was being sarcastic, like 90% of the posts since the photos of the track were posted :roll:

Any reference to the progress is old. Sarcasm or no sarcasm.

scw55 said:
Lofty said:
scw55 said:
marc said:

Any reference to the progress is old. Sarcasm or no sarcasm.

So any update is old then? Suppose it is really as its in the past and already happened.

Apparently, John Wardley has Tweeted this today:

It is rather sad that individuals insist on ruining the surprise. For the best experience next year, don't look at any airborne images

:lol:

Martyn B said:
Apparently, John Wardley has Tweeted this today:

It is rather sad that individuals insist on ruining the surprise. For the best experience next year, don't look at any airborne images

:lol:
That's hilarious. Go on John.

Yeah just leave it for Alton Towers to ruin it again the day before it opens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.