What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1st

I've got my photoshoped troll face with the sw7 logo on ready for when it's "smiler".

silenthillXD said:
Just posted this on towers times, but ust a thought, the name for Thirteen was released around december the 11th in 2009, and I swear Swarm was revealed around the same time last year. Do you think that means we might be seeing the reveal of the name within the next few weeks?
The Swarm's name was revealed on August 1st 2011.

To be honest, basing it off of two coasters Press Release dates, we can't justify saying, "Yes, it's gonna happen THEN". I'd say even January might possibly be the time we actually hear about the coaster.

I predict the new year when everyone's stopped being excited by Christmas and New year's Eve.
It means when people start think about the year ahead, they get told about SW7.

"What will I plan to do this year? Oh, new Coaster called The Smiler is opening this year in Alton Towers. Lets visit".

^I don't get it? Like I get what you're saying about telling people about SW7 once Xmas is out of the way, but the snarky comment underneath......what?

Jordan I think he was trying to be funny. Shame it wasn't...

Rather than being a dig at students, I think it was a dig at Alton Tower being super expensive..?

I don't get why people need to be flat out rude, especially without being the slighted bit inquisitive before you speak up..

*gasp!* A sneaky edit! You're up to something *shifty eyes*

Seriously though.....what was that XD

It was a dig at the rumoured smiler name.
And then what I said was misunderstood to be a verbal attack on Alton Towers/Students/pygmies.

Was edited to avoid confusion.

Rumoured to be the ride car design for SW7.

1zv34ht.jpg

It's been appearing on forums and facebook pages.

If that's an official Gerst design, then I think we can be certain it will be used of Sw7.

The only think that strikes me is that... That's a long train. Not in terms of car amount, but in terms if actual length. Theres so much "wasted" space. Tthat space for crossing the train is actually really practical, but... What it means is a low capacity considering the length, AND the rumoured secret element would need to be really huge to accommodate it.

I like it though. Lapbars, spacious. Looks capable of that thing Gerst fail at, turning.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Joey said:
The only think that strikes me is that... That's a long train. Not in terms of car amount, but in terms if actual length. Theres so much "wasted" space. Tthat space for crossing the train is actually really practical, but... What it means is a low capacity considering the length, AND the rumoured secret element would need to be really huge to accommodate it.
It still seems excessively long though. Why not do it like B&M and have the walkway between the restrain pivot and the seat?

http://rcdb.com/1106.htm?p=14095

Seems like you'd have to climb around the restraint to get to that walkway bit.

My initial thought was "Oooo cool" then, "Hmm... they seem pretty long for such a compact layout and this secret element". They do look good though and I hope they're used. :p

Oooo.. if they are used, my enthusiasm for this ride will step up a few notches!

Nemesis of oblivion said:
Rumoured to be the ride car design for SW7.

1zv34ht.jpg

It's been appearing on forums and facebook pages.

I'll just blow that out of the water right now as not being the trains... http://coaster-lab.com/train-designs/ They were designed by a kid who is pretending to work for Gerstlauer...

^ Good detective skills there. According to his website he does officially work for Gerstlauer but only as of August this year, but obviously not in a position as to designing something for Alton that's already in construction.

I'd be willing to bet something that I don't own on it not having lap bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.