What's new

What Parks do you know like the back of your hand?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd say I'd be confident without a map at:

Alton Towers
Thorpe Park
Oakwood
Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure
Port Aventura
Drayton Manor
Paultons Park
Parc Asterix
Gardaland

When I looked through my list of visited parks it was more than I thought it would be.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Any park I've been to I pretty much know my way round. Although I did get a bit lost in Adventureland at DLP this year. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Thorpe Park.
Adventure Island
Drayton Manor (Mostly, not as well as AI or Thorpe)
Parts of Alton Towers. I.E: Forbidden valley, x sector, and the ride areas. The paths inbetween the themed areas and the gardens are still a complete mystery to me :p

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I seem to remember Gardaland as having more dead end midways than I'd ever seen before...

That was probably the only park I needed to consult the map repeatedly. Usually I can look it over once or twice and be pretty much OK for the rest of the day, unless someone wants a particular food item.

A

Anonymous

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Getting to know pretty well

Kings Dominion
Dollywood

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Pleasure Beach Blackpool.
Alton Towers (Including staff walkways etc).
Drayton Manor.
Thorpe Park.
Port Aventura.

Sam

Giga Poster
Thorpe, Alton and Chessington I guess, more so Thorpe and Chessington, been to the two of them countless times....

A

Anonymous

Clementon Amusement Park: I live in Clementon, NJ & worked there this past summer, Six Flags Great Adventure: it has been my home park for years & I always get season passes, Islands of Adventure & Universal Orlando: I've been there at least 10x & pretty much no where everything is without a map & IOA is my favorite park, & Cedar Point: I've been there 4x & memorized where everything is.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Do I even need to answer? :razz:

For the most part, on a second visit to any park I'll know the layout pretty well.

As for Cedar Point, I was literally paid to know where everything is. You want to know the nearest rest room, kiddie area, designated smoking area, or food stand that doesn't use peanut oil, I'll get you there! :lol:

Gladiator

Mega Poster
I know a few different parks but from when I was younger I know LegoLand W very very well.
I also know Chessie, Thorpe DLP and WDW well

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
Hmmm...

Disneyland Resort
Magic Mountain
Knotts Berry Farm, although not quite so much.

Yep, I'm a destitute Southern California resident. :)

coasterholic14

Roller Poster
For me, that would be my home park of Carowinds. I have been going there on a yearly basis (with a couple exceptions when I got fed up with crappy additions) since moving to Charlotte 15 years ago. I never get a map, knonw every path like the back of my hand, can literally tell you were every food place, food stand, and food type is, and know when to hit any ride for the shortest line (at least during the week...when I usually go)

Enicomb

Mega Poster
I wouldn't say I know any park to the level of detail some have described (location of every toilet, food stand, what's served, how many toilets, etc) but I've never gotten lost in a park; I wouldn't need a map for:

Alton
Camelot
Thorpe
CWoA
Oakwood
Blackpool

Any park I haven't been to before I would normally look at the map in the morning and maybe a couple of times throughout the day if I was in a rush to get on everything (so didn't have time to just wander about).

A

Anonymous

Alton Towers (including the gardens)
Flamingoland
Fantasy Island
Thorpe Park
Pleasure Island
BPB
SFH

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I think it is pretty clear it must be Walibi Belgium. Since my first visit to the park in 2002 -when it was Six Flags Belgium- I'm a big fan.

2003 must have been my Six Flags Belgium year. I got my first Euro Season Pass and since the park is easy to reach by train, I only paid 9 EUR to take a visit. I was there for about 15 times during that season. Since that year, I know the park even with my eyes closed. The fun thing is they are very fan-friendly and do share special things with fans.