What's new

What Parks do you know like the back of your hand?

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Alton Towers
Thorpe Park
Wicksteed park (live literally 2 minute walk away)
BPB
Gullivers land milton keynes

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
I love how everyone says that they know parks like the back of their hand from reading park maps. :lol:

valleyfair! at SFGAdv - can you tell me where the Wii Expierence booth, the skee ball stand are or how many Johnny Rockets there are, where they are & which ones serve hamburgers? Which food stand is the only one that servers kosher items? Where is it located? Which toilet has the most stalls/urinals? Which one is the least busy? What is the fastest way to get to EL Toro from the fountain? Is it quicker to walk from the log flume to Nitro or to ride the sky ride when there's no wait for the ride? Is there a short cut to re-ride El Toro if there's no one waiting in the queue?
These are but a few questions you need to be able to answer to know the park perfectly. If you can't answer 80% of them, then you don't know the park almost perfect either.

I'm not singling you out valleyfair!, just trying to make a point. :wink:

I'm up to the challenge! Here are my answers to those:

The Wii Experience is in the Boardwalk area just beyond the midway games.

There are 4 Johnny Rockets, one is near the Sky Ride entrance close to Skull Mountain and Wiggles World, One is just beyond the fountain straight ahead, one is in the new food court, the last is in Plaza del Carnaval. Two serve everything and two only serve limited items like shakes, fries and maybe chicken, those ones are the one in Plaza del Carnaval and the Food Court one.

Skee-Ball is in the Indoor Arcade and that is the only one that is still around in the park that's open.

The food stand this year that serves Kosher food is the Nitro grill and the cooking of that food is overlooked by a Rabbi. The Nitro Grill is located next to the Nitro photo booth.

The fastest way to El Toro from the fountain is to the right of the carousel, cut through the boardwalk arcade, make a right out of the arcade and walk straight ahead into Plaza del Carnaval.

To re-ride El Toro, the queue puts everyone onto one sidewalk that leads up to the stairs of the loading platform, there is only a handrail that seperates that from the exit sidewalk so you could just hop over that and go right up the stairs onto the ride platform. (I don't think they want you doing that but you can.)

The bathrooms with the most stalls is the Inner Mall and it's the women's restroom there cause they have more stalls then the men's bathrooms I'm assuming, but those have the most.

It is quicker to walk from the Log Flume then to take the sky ride even if there is nobody in line.

I believe I answered all the questions.

Error

Strata Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
Did you lose the park maps I gave you? Those were for 2009. :?

No, I have all those. I just didn't grab any from CP and only have one from KI.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Busch Gardens Tampa is the only one I know pretty much 100% (except for bathrooms, I never need to use them anyways, but I know where most of them are.) But, to almost any park I go to, if I can look at a park map for about five minutes, I can find my way around. For Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and IoA, I don't know where every restraunt and stuff is, but I know all of the (legal) shortcuts to get anywhere in the park.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Almost anyone can remember a park's layout by visiting once and spending a decent amount of time there equipped with a map. But that doesn't mean you know the park "like the back of your hand." I could tell you where things are located and generally how to get around any park I've visited, even BGA which I haven't been to in about 5 years. It's just not that hard to memorize.

Busch Gardens Europe is the only one I know by heart. I could walk you around that park blindfolded I'm sure. Not that I'd want to, as it's a beautiful place. :p
I'm getting there with Kings Dominion, but I still need a few more visits.

Jer

Strata Poster
Six Flasg Great Adventure
Six Flags Magic Mountian
Magic Kingdom (Florida)
MGM Studios
Epcot

Ben

CF Legend
Alton and Thorpe are probably the only two I know through and through, and could go literally anywhere and find anything or any route.

Every other park that's local is too **** to know that well (well, so is Thorpe...)

I guess DLRP too, but, it's simple there...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I don't really know the back of my hand.

If shown 12 photos of the back of hands (all white), I'd not be able to recognise mine...

So, I probably know lots of parks more than I know the back of my hand.

I was disappointed by my lack of Alton knowledge yesterday.

Coming through the Towers shortcut to get from Ugland to X-Sector, I almost went left into the scullery instead of bearing right through the kitchen.

Then heading from X-Sector to Forbidden Valley... Get this right... I went under the arch to the desert statue, instead of up over the path and down by the arches. THEN I bore right for about 10 yards down the path way at the dog fountain instead of left hooking past the archways (which would have saved about five yards of walking and a small path to walk up). I'll bet Gazza and Rach thought I was a right muppet and didn't have a clue where I was going :roll: ;)

So, I don't know Alton like the back of my hand and therefore I doubt I really know any other park that well :(

Brookes

Giga Poster
I think the only park that I know where everything is, and all the shortcuts and everything is Alton. I generally know some other parks, but not as aswell as I do Alton.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Brookes said:
I think the only park that I know where everything is, and all the shortcuts and everything is Alton. I generally know some other parks, but not as aswell as I do Alton.

So you understand what a dick I made of myself then? Bugger :(

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I thought I knew 6 Flags Great America pretty well, having worked there for 3 years, but I accidentally went through a backstage gate into a restricted area the other day. It seems that only cash-cage personnel are allowed into the area I entered. (oops!)

I felt horrible until my supervisor, who has worked there over a decade, told me that he didn't know that it was off limits either.

Onstage though, I know EXTREMELY well, even so far as which food carts are where.

QWERTYkid911

Roller Poster
Six Flags Great America is my local park and the only one I know very well. I can't say where all the food carts are (I don't normally buy from them), but I know where the lemonade ones are! :p

Jake

Strata Poster
Just a few UK parks really... Alton, Drayton, Thorpe... but I don't know where the line between knowing a lot and knowing it like the back of my hand is, so it's hard to say.

It's easier to list a park that really, really confused me:

EFTELING.

No joke, we got lost for about 2 hours.

Ben

CF Legend
Jake said:
It's easier to list a park that really, really confused me:

EFTELING.

No joke, we got lost for about 2 hours.

Ugh, that park!

WHY do they put in a forest with paths to nowhere and then CHARGE for maps!?!?!?!

A

Anonymous

Probably Six Flags Great America and Cedar Point. Whenever I go to Great America, my friends call me the human map.

Rush

Giga Poster
None, nor do I try to.

Honestly, there's always something different I find when I go back to parks, if I honestly knew them like the back of my hand, I'd never need to visit again.