What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

I know that this isn't a coaster, but ThemeParks.ie just posted this unique Freefall Tower on their webpage. It's 90 metres high and is located in Queens Land, India.

1902838_10152314470729579_1673768390_n.jpg

In some ways that kind of drop tower is even more 'scary' than conventional ones, there is nothing beneath you, looks good.

Now we need a tilting one of these ;)

That looks insane; natural instinct tells us to avoid cantilevers, this thing must be terrifying (especially at 300ft tall!). I honestly think this could be the scariest ride I've ever seen. Plus the calculations must've been a nightmare :lol:

Uh, well.... as someone who loves drop towers and wasting time looking up info....... I was extremely skeptical that the ride was anything even close to being 300 feet tall. Just looking at the portable nature of the ride and judging how the tower looked compared to the riders........... but for fun I just took a quick look on the parks website where it clearly starts the ride is only 150 feet tall.... so yeah, half the height.

screenshot from parks site
264tmvs.jpg

I thought as much about the ride 150ft, hence my question. It was obvious it wasn't 300ft just from the visual imagery.

There's an offride video on YouTube for those who are interested:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENdwzIwpyDI[/youtube]

*Edited to embed the video. - ECG

Very strange with the two drops...

And I agree that it sounds horrible. Must be metal wheels... I'm sure that polyurethane wouldn't be able to stand up to the forces of supporting the weight, especially when the brakes engage.