Walibi Holland | Lost Gravity | Mack Rides mega coaster

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Walibi Holland to get a Mack coaster for 2016

^ Which is like 4+... but yeah, Helix is the only one :roll: :lol:

elephant58

Hyper Poster

I wouldn't exactly call Blue Fire a multilooper, it hasn't really got that many inversions.

Ben

CF Legend

Please tell us your definition of a multi looper if it is not a coaster with multiple loops.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

I just always gathered that a multilooper was a coaster with a wide variety of inversions, like the big B&M Floorless coasters or the Smiler, for example.

But I suppose you could call Blue Fire a multilooper, with that definition.

Lofty

CF Legend

A multilooper is a coaster with multiple inversions, it is that simple really.

andrus

Giga Poster

elephant58 said:
I wouldn't exactly call Blue Fire a multilooper, it hasn't really got that many inversions.
I'm with you!

Of course, I'm not a native Englishman. But at least in the swedish language the word "multiple" refers to something with a vast number, or at least more than average.

By this definition Blue Fire certainly is not a multilooper. Even the old Vekoma corkscrews had 4 inversions.. Blue Fire is more of a Blitz/allround coaster in my book :)

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Even if Blue Fire is not a multi-looper, Helix exists and therefore this won't be Mack's 'first big multi-looper'.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

I've already said that apart form Helix, this will be Mack's first big multilooper. Let's put it this way; Mack's first non-launched coaster with a high amount of inversions.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Some new teasers from the park.

thumb_kbzm9e.jpg

thumb_9fqs2b.jpg

thumb_23450460415_58dc23efea_b.jpg

Those sure are wide catwalks

Source

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I think Mack was drunk designing this. And if I'm not mistaken, that looks like a wing-over drop.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

That lift hills seems to be built to accomodate really wide trains, too. Is Mack entering the Wing Coaster market?

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Mack's take on the Wing Coaster, no other explanation for the double catwalks.
I'm thinking the drop is more of an EGF style but comes back on itself rather than a 90 degree turn. I don't think it will be the same as the B&M Wingover drops, you can see the banking at the top of the final pic, the B&Ms are already in inverted position before the drop so the drop itself has no banking.

peep

CF Legend

Well this Mack Surprise does keep on throwing out surprises. Could it be more like the Intamin skyrush trains rather than B&M wingrider? Hard to judge from these pics, I just don't know anymore.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

PeteA

Roller Poster

This was a tad unexpected wasn't it? Nice to see a coaster being constructed with an air of mystery about it.

JoshC.

Strata Poster

Very intriguing stuff!

Agree with peep that this could more be Intamin / Skyrush style-trains rather than B&M wingrider style, but who knows?

Looking forward to seeing more info come out.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Given that Mack have basically copied the Intamin MegaLite, kind of makes sense that they'd do a Skyrush too? Hope so, because B&M flyers are CRAP and Skyrush is the best thing to ever grace the earth.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

The Mack MegaLite design is too similar to Intamin's to get away with without a fuzz. They'd get their hats sued off, there's no way it wouldn't be a breach of intellectual property laws. I rather think the design is licenced somehow, rather than copied. They must have bought permission to use it. Question now is whether they've struck any other deals with Intamin or come up with their own winged design.