What's new

Walibi Holland | Lost Gravity | Mack Rides mega coaster

Darren B

Giga Poster
Re: Walibi Holland to get a Mack coaster for 2016

Here's hoping it'll be a custom job and not a Blue Fire clone.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

To be really honest, I'd piss my pants from happiness even if it was a Blue Fire clone. Always good to have one an hour away from you :wink: . But yeah, hoping for a custom too, but I think it will be a supersplash/water coaster or a spinning coaster. I don't see Walibi investing that much suddenly, and they already have a mega and launched coaster.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

About time. I would like to see Mack try a new type of coaster, but with their current ones, I'd say a water coaster or spinner too. Although, the way their announcing it now, makes me wonder if it's going to something in the 'high thrill' category.

Ben

CF Legend

+1 for being something cheap.

You'd hope not a Spinner cause Toverland have one. Actually you'd hope not a Blue Fire clone because the actual BF isn't a million miles away.

But, the park's grotty so I'm not hopeful.

andrus

Giga Poster

Yes, both mega and launch coaster would be unlikely. But just for the sake of it: Helix clone (with adjacent hill)! :p

ThomVD

Giga Poster

^oh god PLEASE :p

I do think a mack launched looping coaster could fit in the park, since Helix isn't really a "launched coaster", the launches of Helix are like an equivalent of lift hills, just a way to speed the train up. Walibi needs a good looper. Xpress has some inversions, but is mostly about the launch, Speed of Sound is a boomerang so that's different, and El Condor is just a piece of **** :wink:

Besides, Liseberg has Kanonen too, and they still built Helix.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^
Yeah, but Kanonen is going because of the exact same reason. But I agree that there of course can be two rides more or less alike coexisting in the same park.
When that is said, if we are to draw anything from that "teaser" image, it's probably water, (the lake) and therefore my initial guess is probably a water coaster/super splash of some kind.

STC

Mega Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Yeah, but Kanonen is going because of the exact same reason.

Kanonen is going? Or have I misinterpreted this?

nadroJ

CF Legend

^you could say that of any coaster anywhere. Literally.

Also, a Walibi park getting a new ride?! Like an actual new ride, not just a retheme? Personally I think it'd be cool to see another version of the Arthur coaster Mack just installed at Europa, maybe something Skunx themed?

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

A Blue Fire clone would seem too big for the park. Yet, I dont know how much extra land they have nor if it would fit. My guess is a spinner, custom launched, or water coaster.

TilenB

Strata Poster

^ If there's any park that has plenty of space to expand, then that's Walibi Holland. Look it up on google maps before posting posts like this in the future ;)

DelPiero

Strata Poster

I'd say a water coaster aka Poseidon would be likely due to the image posted, Blue Fire clone would be better, Alpina Blitz clone would be even better yet, but a Helix type launcher through the forest near Robin Hood would be my preferred option.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

An Alpina Blitz clone in the same park as Goliath would be a bit weird though...

What's with all the parks this year announcing stuff for 2016 anyway? Burdens...

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

nadroJ said:
^you could say that of any coaster anywhere. Literally.

Not really sure what you want me to say then? I tried to come up with a plausible time horizon.
But you're welcome to not believe me.

Martyn B

CF Legend

omg, they're getting something actually new!

My money would be on a spinner.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

It's been a long time coming but finally after tarting up the park, they're getting something new. That deserves a celebration. The parent company has a lot of dosh set aside for improving their parks. I don't think what they have in mind will blow your socks off but it'll be ok.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

The location of the ride is known. It will be build in the area between Crazy River and the Wild West area, which is also around the place where this thing is standing:

walibipoortnaarniks31313.jpg

Maybe that will be the entrance? Still strange to build an entrance a year before the ride is even announced though.

For those who aren't familiar with the park, I marked the spot:

10690105_380801822070658_1599643509029618225_n.jpg

Seems like a really small area too. Probably will be a small ride then.

Source: http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/2894/Hie ... lland.html