What's new

Walibi Holland | Lost Gravity | Mack Rides mega coaster

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Re: Walibi Holland to get a Mack coaster for 2016

The spinning doesn't look too disgusting on that vid, as long as it's not obscene it might be quite fun.

Lofty

CF Legend

395044d1447198043-2016-neuheit-achterbahn-mack-rides-walibi-holland-niederlande-shaox7.jpg

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but here's a spinner currently under construction in China, look at the track spine in the red circled area...

Also, track is now on site, with a yellow/black separation in render on the track, could we be seeing an indoor/outdoor coaster or just an oddly rendered bumblebee track?! :lol:

121115trackwh2.jpg

pitchnoir

Mega Poster

video and some pov of the spinner on bluefire
[youtube]https://youtu.be/HTBcYF2QjoM[/youtube]

Superbatboy

Roller Poster

I don't think it'll be a spinner if the 105ft height RCDB has listed for the project is correct.

Lofty

CF Legend

^ Why not? Blue Fire is over 100ft and they were testing spining cars on that?

Superbatboy

Roller Poster

^True, but this ride for Walibi was planned a couple years ago. I'm thinking the Blue Fire test was for future projects. I could be wrong though. Hopefully the park announces this thing soon, I saw pics of them already installing the first piece of track

Lofty

CF Legend

^ Do you think that Mack can pull a product like this out of their arses that quick? Even that car would have been planned for a long time.

PeteA

Roller Poster

Well it looks like the lift hill is the same as Alpina Blitz. This photo is from Wonder World Web

12278861_927809057302225_5355570811137377685_n.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend

I REALLY don't see this being a Mack Mega Lite style coaster, there'd be absolutely no point with a much superior ride of the same style across the same park.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

Perhaps we could be seeing a ride similar to storm at etnaland with an extra inversion dropped in at some point that was able to run a normal train and a spinning train? Or just a bolt on spinning car at the end of the train similar to the blue fire test. Whatever it is can they just hurry up an announce it!

Lofty

CF Legend

A coaster like that is next to impossible to market sadly, not to mention the queueing system would be **** - it'll either be spinning or not spinning, thats's the reality to it. I'm really hoping it's something really unique, but, in reality, I definitely think it's gonna be a spinning coaster with an inversion or two. If it's a smaller Blue Fire coaster with a lift and inversions on a spinning coaster, I'd be relatively happy with that ha.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

Time for me to be my opinionated self

Imo, larger scale coasters (lets say over 100ft) with big drops, inversions, airtime and other more 'extreme' elements have no need for spinning what so ever.

What do spinning coaster cars do exactly? They allow designers to create a simple layout with simple elements such as helixes and small to medium sized drops but make them a lot more dynamic and exciting due to the spinning. When you have a coaster with an already big and exciting layout, there is no need for it and there's a risk of inducing nausea in riders. After 4 rides in a row on Dragon Khan I felt a little sick. If the cars were spinning as I roared round the layout I dread to think how I would have felt.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Could it be possible that this could be Mack's first big multilooper? It's the one thing the park don't have yet. Also, I think the colours may suggest some kind of hazardous theme.

Lofty

CF Legend

That element is non-inverting, wonder if it's a really steep drop or just the angle? Also, that yellow and black track can **** off.

Sneaky

Roller Poster

Lofty said:
That element is non-inverting, wonder if it's a really steep drop or just the angle? Also, that yellow and black track can **** off.

That's actually the first drop, with an (almost) 180 degree turn. And yes, it is steep. :D

Ben

CF Legend

elephant58 said:
Could it be possible that this could be Mack's first big multilooper? It's the one thing the park don't have yet. Also, I think the colours may suggest some kind of hazardous theme.

Well no seeing as they've already been building them for a few years...?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

Ben said:
elephant58 said:

Well no seeing as they've already been building them for a few years...?

If I'm right I think he means one with a traditional chain lift hill instead of a launch but that would go to Mack's McDonald's coaster in China which has a vertical loop and zero G.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Excluding Helix, Mack have not built a proper multilooper. The one in Lewa World only has 2 inversions.