What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick teaser shot:
12loop4.jpg

loefet, I really love the design so far...looking at the teasers.

But I'd really love you to try a better colourscheme, maybe even brighten and mute some of the tones, i dunno. It just doesn't look...like it should.

Can't wait to give it a good riding though.

One word: Jättebra!
Come again?

Leofet I do agree with bob_3_ about the colours, they might be a tad too strong. Apart from that this thing looks **** awesome.

pokemaniac said:
One word: Jättebra!
Takk!!

^ ^^ Well I am playing around with the colors everytime I edit the track and haven't really settled for the final version yet, but then again the screen shot is reduced in size from 1920x1200 into 800x500 so there is bound to have some artifacts from that.

But thanks anyway.

I agree. That colorscheme is overused, just a bit. One question that is killing me.........what are the forces like in the norweigan loop? That's probably the longest train I've ever seen on an intamin with a norweigan loop.

^ About the color scheme, I decided to use this since it's a Intamin design and Blue/silver or red/silver is the Intamin colors, and it will look so much better when all the supports are in place.

The train size is due to the specification that Intamin have posted on their web page and the forces shown in NL isn't any different to that on a 3 car train. The forces on my Norwegian Loops are the same as the one I have measured on Speed Monster.

Update:
12loop5.jpg

More supports, slight change of blue and I have used a better program to change the image size.

Looks absolutely incredible loefet. I cannot wait to ride it.

Still kinda noob at this.. and still have to adjust most of the supports.. but the track is essentially done..

maverickcp0801231957450xv9.png

compared to..

photo2lh3.jpg

^That looks really accurate Snoo! It's turning out to be one of the best Maverick recreations (track-wise) so far! Awesome job! Anyone who saw this wouldn't think you were a beginner in NL!

Anyway, could someone post a link to the page where you download the video-maker on the NL website? I can't find it!

SnooSnoo said:
Looks absolutely incredible loefet. I cannot wait to ride it.
Thanks, I have made some great progress during the night, only have 3 inversions left to support along with some other short parts, and then also convert it to a launch coaster. So it's not long to release now.

You project looks really good as well.

SFMMMan17 said:
Anyway, could someone post a link to the page where you download the video-maker on the NL website? I can't find it!
Do you mean the screen capture tool to make videos of your coaster?

If you have installed v1.7 then you already have it, press 0 on the numpad to start recording and then press 0 again to stop, and the files end up in the screenshot folder.

Another beyond-vertical Intamin?
I've got two of them on my PC, seriously considering posting one of them...
But for now, let's play Sherlock...
- Red to silver colour scheme, assuming that you're going for realism...
- Widespread supports. If the previous statement is trure, it means a medium tall ride. 100-150ft.
- Banking off into what seems to be an overbank.
- Almost vertical (beyond?), but pretty tight into the overbank. That eliminates the chance of a Gigacoaster, as the tight transition would provide too much G's when combined with great speed.
- Assuming that the first and previous statement are correct, you are building something inspired by Fahrenheit or Maverick.
- The previous statement is backed up by the supports. They don't look like tophat supports, so your ride is not a pure accelerator.
- No foliage, it's not finished yet...
- If the Intamin assumption is false, you're building a Eurofighter or Wicked-ish coaster.

Buh.. Looks great, anyways! :--D

^^Nice deduction there. You may just jave riuned Stealth.thorpe's coaster, just from a teaser picture. You may however be completely wrong...

12loop6.jpg

The lift version of the track is done, unless I decide to add flanges to the supports (probably not), now to transform this to a launch version.

Nice work! But what happened to the ground? It looks so... well, it could have been put up in a smowstorm on Finnmarksvidda and left to itself. The picture shows a great coaster, but not anything else (like it's meant to be...). How do you get that effect?

By the way, Intamin's website tells us that the 12-inverter is 36 metres tall. Given that each car of the train is 2.5 metres long, the coaster itself is a full 20 metres, and stretched out, it appears to be a bit more than half the height of the cobra roll, but taking the perspective into account, I would say that the cobra still is 25 metres. So I was wondering: How tall is your coaster? 25 metres even after three inversions seems a bit tall to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.