What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Logical question would be to ask;

WHY was UK track being manufactured in Ohio? Surely it would have been fabricated in the European plants.

Cause the main plant is in OH apparently lol. Just outside of Cincinatti if memory serves me proper.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Re: Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Ollie said:
Oh so the story of a random guy who happens to pull over by a tuck carrying coaster track and gets him to say where he's going? Likely story. :p
I agree with Marc. All I heard was that it's the track for LC12. Plus the colours are exactly the same.

It was RUMORED to be the track for LC12, but no confirmation was made. A bit later, the track truck incident happened, and it was confirmed that the track at the B&M plant seen then, was for Dollywood.

Thorpes rumor has been going on for FAR longer than Dollywood.

Also, marc, track has been spotted at Dollywood for a few months now. It has also been playing switch around on people that go there to look for said track. It used to be in sight when riding the train, now it is on a service road for the park and only seen from the top of a couple lifts from what i understand.

Switching between the hideouts'...

The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Erol it's been said before that it's actually cheaper to make it there and ship it over than make it at their European base. This time they must have made it in Europe which as you say makes sense.

Yeah Intricks is right aswell. The dollywood track is blue!

I don't understand why people are taking the piss.

I actually find it exciting that track is on site.

I'm looking forward to seeing a proper thrill coaster being built in the UK. For years we've had "family friendly" coasters left, right and **** centre and finally we're getting a coaster that's more up my alley. If a thrill coaster is well received, we could see more of them and that's what makes me tick.

I have total faith in Thorpe to deliver a good coaster on this occasion. The marketing has been perfect, and if Raptor is anything to go by, then it's going to ride brilliantly (in front row).

That's why I'm excited about track for Swarm. It's a step towards seeing this baby being born.

Swarm is the most important coaster to hit the UK since Rita imo. It's a "new" concept, it's going to have theme (which we will judge when it arrives) and it's at one of the UK's most popular theme parks.

I can't wait to see vertical construction. It means I'm a step closer to riding it. Roll on March!

^I cannot wait to ride it either, Thorpe are not going to let us down this time they know they have to get this right :)

I am looking forward to seeing the construction pictures and when they start getting the theming in place.

I am also hoping they theme the area i.e the walk to the coaster and the island its on like they did for RESET, that would be fantastic and great a good build up for the coaster.

Yeah, I have high hopes (even more after this week ;)) that Swarm is going to be amazing, which is why I came in here, and found the dullest convo ever.

Well soon people will have construction to talk about and I cannot wait to see that :)

So far everything Merlin have done for this coaster is spot on.

If you was talking about me ian, sorry i worded my thing wrong, I meant i was exitied about there being track on site, Veyr exited i nearly Jumped through the roof when i heard and saw the pics !
oh wait until it goes vertical :0

I can't wait till March either. :--D

And there going to release more videos and a construction diary tab has already been made on The Swarm website. I think I'll be checking that waaay too often!!

I can't make out what part of the coaster that track will be for. I'm guessing the station/start of lift hill perhaps??

Ian said:
Swarm is the most important coaster to hit the UK since Rita imo. It's a "new" concept, it's going to have theme (which we will judge when it arrives) and it's at one of the UK's most popular theme parks.

I can't wait to see vertical construction. It means I'm a step closer to riding it. Roll on March!
I'd actually go as far to say that it's the most important coaster since AIR. And I completely agree about what you said 'theme parks are becoming too family friendly', and this is why I think Thorpe will be the better out of the big 3 (Alton, Thorpe, Pleasure Beach) this decade. It's actually showing promise!

Alton Towers just seems to be one huge mystery as always, but I'm getting bored of that park with it's recent additions being disappointments. Pleasure Beach is becoming family friendly, and I can't see any major additions coming soon, but Thorpe Park is really pushing itself now and I can't lie I've been impressed with everything they've done the past few years (minus Storm Surge).

So bring on The Swarm! :)

It'll be interesting to see what Alton does for 2013 off the back of this, I think. It seems they go through fazes of similar things once they get a success. By similar I mean in terms of scale, target audience, type, cost or theme, but not necessarily all of them.

Joey said:
It'll be interesting to see what Alton does for 2013 off the back of this, I think. It seems they go through fazes of similar things once they get a success. By similar I mean in terms of scale, target audience, type, cost or theme, but not necessarily all of them.

*Phases*, lol :p

I think the 2013 coaster will definately reflect aspects of The Swarm, in terms of intensity. Hopefully it will have a slightly more interesting layout though. Also, it's nice to see that B&M are slowly fading back into what they used to be. Swarm and the Parc Asterix coaster both look very intense, just like Nemesis. So I really do hope that SW7 will be a hit with the slightly older market.

And if Nemesis does win the voting competition (which i'm sure it will), SW7 should be as good. :?

Looking closely at the pics which were put up on screamscape of the proposed SWARM track, I still say that is SWARM's track. As it is the colour yes, that is the same, but also because of this article as to how they make the track of B&M. Also, I realised that finished track, with the final colour on it, they put that tape thing around it, as has been done in the suspected pictures of the track for the SWARM.
http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2008/ ... esent.html

We know hat its Track We can clearly see that from the pics no doubt about it, I just read the article Quite interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.