What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

just love to se track ;)-Massive Track infiusiast
Not a lot there yet thought by the looks of it, Cant wait for More pics mushroom

Laughing when it turns out to be replacement track for Inferno. <3

Thanks for grabbing that photo Mushroom!

Huzzah, new photos, progress in construction, etc.

So I guess that track outside the manufacturers site in Ohio (I think) was The Swarm. Although I think everyone pretty much knew that anyway. :p

jokerman said:
Why do people get all worked up about track. It's as if they weren't expecting it to have any.

Until they start construction, they're just bits of metal.

Why do people get excited about any stage of the construction? I'm more eager to know the dates of Annual Pass day (if it's going to exist next year) and how that'll work.

The only thing that gets me going is more marketing and theming info.

Want more? No? Too bad =D

185482_218662584850794_115614131822307_670001_3975357_n.jpg

185372_218662614850791_115614131822307_670002_6380538_n.jpg

198798_218662911517428_115614131822307_670005_7460877_n.jpg

254753_218663161517403_115614131822307_670008_602995_n.jpg

Tom G said:
Why do people get excited about any stage of the construction? I'm more eager to know the dates of Annual Pass day (if it's going to exist next year) and how that'll work.

The only thing that gets me going is more marketing and theming info.

People get excited about construction because it's interesting to see how the ride is taking shape!

And Ollie, I heard that the track in Ohio was bound for Dollywood, and hadn't been painted blue yet.

Hey, I'm not knocking people for it, it just doesn't get me going like it does some. It's just not anything unexpected, as has been said above. Ultimately we know it's going to be open in mid March!

Finally (some of the) track is here! :p

But at the moment, there's nothing much to get excited about with none of the supports up yet....

the king said:
I wonder which section that is?
I imagine it would be the lift hill first, since that's what happened with raptor

Hixee said:
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAAA........orgasm

Now you can get excited...

I don't understand. It's not like we've never seen B&M track before. That's the one thing that's not going to look different from the plans, so seeing it in the flesh doesn't really bring any benefits. Now, when (IF) the theming starts to arrive, that'll be exciting. You can't tell from the plans exactly how good it's going to be (or not as the case may be) until its on site and installed, so there's an actual benefit to seeing it in the flesh.

You get a good view of the track from the Stealth queue, and Tidal Wave. I saw it on the 10th

Tbh I found the whole thing yesterday really funny. People were rushing to the park just to get a picture of the track to get it on their website first, and the 1st picture that went online you can hardly see a bloody thing so what was the point lol.

I know people are excited about the coaster, I am as well, but for me the whole thing just made me laugh.

We saw the track on the web months ago when it was sitting at the B&M plant, its not changed since then :)

^Ah, but people weren't sure whether that actually was the track... But yeah, it is a bit stupid. I just happened to see it.

Yup, The track seen months ago at the b&m site in ohio was for Dollywood they said ages ago.

The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

And you know this how? They only things I read said it was for Thorpe.

Back when them pictures were taken Dollywood had not even been mentioned in getting one, and the track was painted in the colours of this coaster. But whatever :)

A man from another site saw a lorry with some of the track on it. And when the lorry driver pulled over, the guy asked him where he was going, and he said "Dollywood". Also, the track was the wrong colour for Thorpe, so it could have been either from the start.

Oh so the story of a random guy who happens to pull over by a tuck carrying coaster track and gets him to say where he's going? Likely story. :p
I agree with Marc. All I heard was that it's the track for LC12. Plus the colours are exactly the same.

Plus not one person has said anything about there being any track at Dollywood.

It does not matter anyway we should get back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.