What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

If Merlin are blocking someone in India from calling a big wheel an 'Eye' for the same reasons of incorrect association/leeching off a brand then you can bet your arse that they deserve abuse over this.

But let's be clear, I'm expecting that it IS going to be a franchised ride...

Now thinking of it, the things that are being played at stealth, might be THE SWARM's ride area sound. I would like it if that were going to be the ride area sound, especially the siren.

Is it simply a coinsidence that the fence under stealth is in the same place that the bridge on the 2011 park map. It shows the new coaster as being on the 2015 island. Hmmm, but they've already started construction on the other island I suppose, so I guess i'm talking trash!

I really, really hope the game is not themed on a franchise, it would spoil it as SAW The Ride is already at the park.

I actually really like the name, and as somebody else mentioned earlier, the 'The' makes it more imposing and threatening.

I like what they've done in the Stealth area. The soundtrack is cool. Almost certainly what will appear in The Swarm's ride area/station (I can't imagine them paying out to get a soundtrack made JUST for promo purposes). It also wouldn't surprise me, as its not too far removed from the Raptor ride area soundtrack, which, in turn, is rather like Saw's. The "security guard" also isn't a million miles away from what they did before Raptor opened with the people in biohazard gear etc. All the signs are looking good so far. As I said, if it's themed as well/better than Raptor, then this'll be worth getting excited about. Hurrah!

From what I can tell from the videos, the Stealth area is playing the Asylum Interior soundtrack, not a new composition.

I've just thought of something, in that video the whole of the Sunken garden is boarded off etc. Does anything think that this might be connected to the 'new attraction' that Thorpe have been advertising for this year's fright nights? It would be perfect marketting if they opened up a new scare maze/zone introducing the new theme etc. Might be going in that early etc?

I'm guessing they may build a viewing area in the sunken gardens, it's in the perfect location to see the whole ride.

All-in-all though, I love the name. It's abit different, and it's a nice theme. Candy Holland certainly has established her own style among the past few merlin rides. Very dark. Darker even than ride themes across in the states. Thorpe Park really has the young adult market sussed imo.

They surely cant just have one entrance to new island, tucked away behind the Fish?

totalthorpepark have some pictures from august, but the forum doesnt let me post links :L
someone do the honours ;-)
on the website, the 3rd picture across shows an amazing overview so farrr!

Martyn B said:
They surely cant just have one entrance to new island, tucked away behind the Fish?

Bet they can...

One path into the area will create a bottleneck but the Park's not so large as to make it a long walk around.

Also, a path through the unused island would feel strange, and would me an obstacle when designing the 2015 coaster on the island. As well as this, the flying fish area of the park does not getmuch attention and hardly anybody goes there. Therefore, the new entrance in the area will spreaf the crowd throughout the park.

And I can't remember who said it, but I think they may be right about the new Fright Nights Attraction!

swarm.png

Also, on the left i think it looks like their constructing a second bridge, what looks like it would connect around where stealth have closed off that section?

I went yesterday and I have footage of Les Coogan, a bit more than what is already up, I just have to wait for a few days til it is edited, being hopeless I cannot do it, but as soon as it is done I will post it here.
Nothing new to report on Consturction only more earth banking behind Gardens at the back of Stealth from the gardens. I will try to get more next week, too hot to stay out in Sun yesterday. When I have time tonight I will put any photos I have up but again Video clips will have to be after the weekend.

And for Dave and Nic's reference, it wil be Swarm not Swarmy or or other, even though I call Stealth Stealthy.

^^In that picture, to the right, near the front of the station formation, I think I see a footer or 2 formed already. :D

You have to zoom in (400%) if you want to see them.

I was bored so I marked out the queue line. Yellow and red possible fastrack, single queue line and the blue is normal.

2012siteplan.jpg

^ Also that plan proves that there is only going to be ONE bridge.

Ok, just studied the plans again. Even if they put in all the themeing that's on there, it still won't be nearly enough. Meh, back to being nonplussed for me then...

Pictures from 2nd August

theswarm2842.jpg

theswarm2845.jpg

theswarm281.jpg

theswarm283.jpg

theswarm285.jpg

theswarm286.jpg

theswarm289.jpg

theswarm2810.jpg

theswarm2813.jpg

theswarm2815.jpg

theswarm2817.jpg

theswarm2821.jpg

theswarm2822.jpg

theswarm2823.jpg

theswarm2825.jpg

theswarm2827.jpg

theswarm2835.jpg

theswarm2838.jpg

theswarm2840.jpg

Pegs to mark something o ground

theswarm2841.jpg

What is with these Wing Riders having a brake run high up, then a Rita style drop into another brake run?

Status
Not open for further replies.