What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Surprised this has not been posted, from their website/social media:

Hyperia will be closed for maintenance between 23rd and 27th September 2024

(the anxiety this is giving me as I'm due to visit on 20th)

Surprised this has not been posted, from their website/social media:

Hyperia will be closed for maintenance between 23rd and 27th September 2024

(the anxiety this is giving me as I'm due to visit on 20th)
Same but 29th, hope they don't run over. Wonder if anything what they'll be doing

Went to Thorpe yesterday for the 9pm close.

What an unexpectedly great evening. Far more goons than I was expecting. It was like a second opening day. Fantastic atmosphere with everyone cheering on the dispatches.

Both night rides I've had on Hyperia now have been the best ones. Not just because of the dark, but because it actually feels faster by that point in the evening.

Dispatches were lightning fast. The queue closed at 8.20pm on a 180-minute advertised wait. This turned out to be a flat out lie – it only took an hour. 😆

Rode it twice today and we were very lucky!

Got to Hyperia on park opening and was greeted by the staff explaining it was on a 2 hour delayed opening as they were waiting on external maintenance technicians arriving at the park. (Odd?)

During this time we got speaking to an Intamin staff member who had come to the park to ride Hyperia (as he had been involved in the ride at Drayton). He overheard our conversation about Hagrids in Orlando and provided us with some great insights about that, and the other work he was involved in (drayton, Saudi, universal) It was a real eye opener!

Hyperia itself: advertised 2 hour delay opening (opened around 11:25). Managed 2 rides before it was closed (2:45-5:15ish, weather). 8.5/10. Excellent ride and the only thing letting it down is the length.

I felt the best inversion is a fight between the first drop, and the stall.

UK #1, easily.

So much air time and was refreshing to be on something so good. My score is impacted due to riding in the morning (slower) and riding on rows 6 and 2.

If they could have managed another 15 seconds of ride time without the trim brake, it would be amazing. But, in its current form it's still truly excellent. Thorpe should be proud

Finally got on Hyperia yesterday, after it didn't open for the first hour or so of the park being open. They were testing it loaded up with water dummies, then it was going around empty for a while, then it just seemed to stop completely for about 40 minutes before they sent a few more test trains round and opened it.

Overall I was pretty disappointed with it. Lots of positive Gs, and the big dive loop thing was cool, but it really is so short and I don't think the first drop and outerbanks were that interesting.

Wanted to post though because lift hill motor was making a godawful noise right next to the queue line. Does it always do that? For some reason it was louder with one of the trains than the other one, we unfortunately ended up stuck next to it for about 4 dispatches and it actually hurt our ears it was so loud. Surely that can't be right?

Overall I was pretty disappointed with it. Lots of positive Gs, and the big dive loop thing was cool, but it really is so short and I don't think the first drop and outerbanks were that interesting.
My brother also rode for the first time yesterday and was texting me updates throughout the day. He was on the 4th train of the day in the 4th row and came off with similar thoughts to you being slightly disappointed. Great first drop but nothing too special after that.

However he went back on later in the day once it had warmed up and he got the back row and said the whole thing was absolutely incredible.

My brother also rode for the first time yesterday and was texting me updates throughout the day. He was on the 4th train of the day in the 4th row and came off with similar thoughts to you being slightly disappointed. Great first drop but nothing too special after that.

However he went back on later in the day once it had warmed up and he got the back row and said the whole thing was absolutely incredible.
I had a dream that I rode it and it was completely forceless and I was mad disappointed about it 😂