What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

How long did it take to recover after the last valley? Selfishly asking as attending TP tomorrow

It stalled on 19th June, reopened on 22nd (on one train), and then back to two on 23rd.

The recovery period potentially took slightly longer as they had to create a concrete base for the crane equipment to sit on. With that now in place, it shouldn't take too long. It's more a case of when they can get the equipment in, the time to do it (as it may require Saw to not being running to remove the train) and what they what to do prior to re-opening.

I don't know the current state of play, but if they remove it quick enough, it certainly could reopen today on one train if the park chose to do so.

All these issues have put me off visiting the park this year. Having visited Thorpe more times than I can count I'd be going purely for Hyperia.
I know it's not the park's fault and they're doing the best they can, but the time and cost involved in visiting Thorpe now from up north means I will have to hang on a while longer.

Blimey, I don't think we could've had better luck timing the live. On either end of two long closures! Gutted for those who have been spited by it, really hope the park are able to sort the issues so they don't have a steel curtain-esque year-long nightmare on their hands (not that I expect them to ofc).

On the upside, all this activity means the thread's quite likely to reach 200 pages soon!

All these issues have put me off visiting the park this year. Having visited Thorpe more times than I can count I'd be going purely for Hyperia.
I know it's not the park's fault and they're doing the best they can, but the time and cost involved in visiting Thorpe now from up north means I will have to hang on a while longer.
This is unfortunate as I imagine there’s a bunch of people in the same boat. It would really suck if they don’t get the attendance boost they’re hoping for and that then means less future investment.