What's new

The Games we play...

I got my first Trophies on the PS3 last night. I was wasted and picked up three on Buzz :lol:

I'm still banging away on the PSP too. Burnout Legends is excellent. Best of Burnout 2 and Burnout 3 (the two best in the series IMO). Great to revisit the games on the handheld at work while waiting for servers to reboot.

I also got Outrun 2006: Coast to coast on the PSP, and it's a fun arcade racer :)

kimahri said:
My parents got me Game Party for the wii...

I dont even want to try it looking at the pictures and reviews.

Uh?

Why look at reviews for a game you have? Why not just play it? im confused.

Yea, don't be silly, Clam. He can't decide if he likes it or not before he finds out if anybody else likes it.

Lain said:
Yea, don't be silly, Clam. He can't decide if he likes it or not before he finds out if anybody else likes it.

thats what i thought he was saying...

Are teenagers nowadays that shallow?

****.. i just realised i'm getting old! :--D

My parent pre ordered me the 80 gig ps3 (happy ollie) from game today (happy big john) for my 18th.

(I know this cause I was there)

And I got a game I actualy care about. Soulcalibur IV also from game.

I <3 the character creation thing but some characters on it are so fecking cheap.

So buy it if you want. If you dont k then.

One final note. You cant properly button bash on soul calibur either another gripe I have.

At the age of 18.. shouldnt you be buying things for yourself rather than waiting for handouts off your folks?

Or complaining about things they've bought you?

I rarely buy games now. But when I do I tend to read reviews and watch trailers etc before hand as games are quite expensive now so you want to make sure that you're getting a game that's worth the price.

Smelly said:
At the age of 18.. shouldnt you be buying things for yourself rather than waiting for handouts off your folks?

Yeah.

But for that to happen I need a job.

Which I dont have. :lol:

I supposed I should just work at tesco's while I'm at college. which is only over the road. literally.

Typical, the 80GB model comes out only 2 months after I get the 40GB model.

For the same price.

Gays.

Lain said:

For the same price.

Gays.

More proof that people who like MGS are stoopid! ;) :p

You could just get a 2.5" 80Gb HDD and put it into your machine Lain!

I'm probably going to get SC IV in a couple of weeks, and Civ looks tempting too - but I'd prefer it for the PSP.

Speaking of which, the ****ing games industry don't have a clue do they?

Okay, my fault for buying a PSP, but it seems I've bought one when the games industry thinks it's the end of life of the console - when in reality, sales are just starting to really pick up (in Japan, it's now outselling the DS - probably people buying for the same reason as me - little in the way of decent games for the DS coming through now).

The local Asda has ditched supporting sales of PSP's and games (bitch as they tend to have good offers quite often). Yet the places sellnig them in town, can't give you a Slim and Light for love nor money - they just don't have them.

It's just at the time Sony finally get their act together and get the PSP and PS3 both up to speed and running together (I can sit here at work with my PSP, remotely access my PS3 at home, turn on the eye-toy and see what people are doing - how cool :lol:).

But the game sindustry are now pulling back on PSP development (they see the money to be made off the DS I guess), but I think that DS sales of 'good' games (like Burnout, Civ, etc) are always very low on pickup. It's shovelware sells on Nintendo, and first party - UNLESS you have an awesome game. There was bound to be movement towards Sony as the Japanese market loves their Sony stuff almost as much as they love Nintendo. The Sony first party stuff is also top notch too - and the momentum is building.

Ho hum... :lol:

furie said:
Lain said:

For the same price.

Gays.

More proof that people who like MGS are stoopid! ;) :p

You could just get a 2.5" 80Gb HDD and put it into your machine Lain!

That won't give me backwards compatibility, and more USB ports, and Dual Shock 3, etc etc.

:(

^^^ And nether will the 80 gig its exactly the same console as the 40 just with an 80 gig drive nothing more they are relised on the 29th augustwe have them at work already and are taking pre orders so do what furie says and just get a 2.5" Drive like i did at 300 gig lol

Lain said:
That won't give me backwards compatibility, and more USB ports, and Dual Shock 3, etc etc.

The 80Gb one will only give you Dual Shock from that list anyway - it's the exact same PS3 as yours, but with double the HDD and a Dual Shock 3. It only has two USB and no backwards compatibility.

furie said:
Lain said:

The 80Gb one will only give you Dual Shock from that list anyway - it's the exact same PS3 as yours, but with double the HDD and a Dual Shock 3. It only has two USB and no backwards compatibility.

Oh, alright.

:D

ok cool.

Lego Indy is really anoying me now, there is one chest I can not find anywhere :( I have even followed a cheat and can still not find it.

Its in the City of Danger.