What's new

The Games we play...

The Amazing Spiderman series heard alot about it. At the moment im making a new sort of game type on wwe 2k14 the gameplay idea is 60 minute match and every time you get a pin you give the person your playing a whip its ideal to play at there house though.

Thanks Furie :)

It's just taken me 30 laps to get a better time than you on the gt academy thing. You are so good at the slow corners I just cannot do them.

I don't normally bother trying and trying but I wanted to see if I could do it. Finally by a fraction and you were faster the whole of the second half of the lap.

Microsoft just announced that in June, all Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners will get access to popular entertainment apps, like Netflix, YouTube, Machinima, and more on Xbox without needing an Xbox Live Gold membership. I really enjoy the apps, so it's nice to know that everyone with an Xbox will soon be able to access them without having to pay the Gold subscription fee.

They are also doing an X-Box one console alone starting June 9th for $399 as well starting up Games for Gold for XBone that is a basic mimicry of PS+.

So I decided to boot up my ps3 and download some of the free games on there. Got Bioshock: Infinite, Remember Me and Soul Calibur: Two Swords.

Have yet to touch bioshock, but Remember Me is actually very interesting in background. You are a radicalist known as Nilin with the job of being a Memory Hunter. You basically have the power to remix peoples memories through the SenSen technology in which the group you are apart of is trying to take down for reasons not yet known to me.

It was very awesome and scary to realize just hoe much control you have over people within this game. Granted Im not sire if you can remix EVERYbodys memory, but the chick I had to deal with basically flipped sides to join me. Plus the game looks fab.

Soul Calibyr: Two Swords. This is such a disappointment. I was hoping for something a bit more non-facebook type game, but that is literally all you are given. You start off with a choice of 3 characters (Sophitia, Misturugi and Siegfried) with absolutely no armor. Just underwear and their weapon of choice. You go onto quests which cost ability points and after you use them all up, you just kind of wait til they are full again. During the quests rounds, each enemy drops a chest that will get you something to use by either armor, weapon or soul stone to forge with your weapon. The new element infusion system is unique though, but doesnt really help the overall game. It adds in an extra challenge that could be good or worse for the match. Something else to note, you increase the level of your weapon to do more damage as well as level yourself to gain more hit points. While Im not exactly a fan of this styled gameplay, it does mix it up enough to at least beg a quick try. Considering it is FTP is a bonus of sorts, but it does put a damper on those that wish to just sit and play through the game in as few sittings as possible.

Intricks said:
They are also doing an X-Box one console alone starting June 9th for $399 as well starting up Games for Gold for XBone that is a basic mimicry of PS+.
ECG said:
Microsoft just announced that in June, all Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners will get access to popular entertainment apps, like Netflix, YouTube, Machinima, and more on Xbox without needing an Xbox Live Gold membership. I really enjoy the apps, so it's nice to know that everyone with an Xbox will soon be able to access them without having to pay the Gold subscription fee.

A lot of people are raking MS over this, but I can't see how they could have handled it otherwise. The initial XBone plan was massively flawed and as arrogant as Sony's PS3 release plan.

They've listened to criticism, they've seen Sony succeed and now they're changing to mimic that. I don't have an issue with it as it only helps the consumer. You don't want a single system "owning" the space, so the competition is good. I guess it means that there's even less to split the differences between the two, but that means the systems will stand on game quality for system specific titles.

I think it's a shame that it could essentially kill off the Kinect, but MS shouldn't have based most of their USP on a device that wasn't proven to be anything other than a flash in the pan - much like Nintendo on motion controls and touch screens

So the future is brighter for the revelations :)

marc said:

It's just taken me 30 laps to get a better time than you on the gt academy thing. You are so good at the slow corners I just cannot do them.

I don't normally bother trying and trying but I wanted to see if I could do it. Finally by a fraction and you were faster the whole of the second half of the lap.

That means I'll have to redo it and try to beat you again now! :p

I don't usually both either, but there are some events I see you so close and I think "I can get that extra 2/10ths and beat him where I know I'm faster" :lol:

Yep know what you mean. I actually worked out that if I do the first half the lap and you the second half we would be in the top 10 lol.

You should be able to beat me I'm only like .1 faster lol.

ECG said:

Literally cannot wait for this... it's taken them long enough!!! Netflix back for me then :D

marc said:
Furie 1.07 came out today big update.

Yeah, I got home at lunch and thought "I'll just have a quick game" and then hit an hour of download and install :lol:

jj23w said:
Just bought Sleeping Dogs can someone tell me what the game is like without spoiling it.

I dunno if I can without spoiling it?

It's like a much faster, looser GTA with a decent combat dynamic (akin to the Batman games) and less emphasis on open world and more on progressing the story. It's very fast, fluid and fun.

I don't know if that will spoil it for you if you expecting a game about napping canines?

Ok can you drive vehicles, am getting watch dogs and finally have bough 2k13. I buy the games a year later because they're cheaper.

furie said:
marc said:

That means I'll have to redo it and try to beat you again now! :p

I don't usually both either, but there are some events I see you so close and I think "I can get that extra 2/10ths and beat him where I know I'm faster" :lol:

Which one you guys talking about? I hated the automatic gearbox round baby Brands, but I just set a 1:40.5 second time out round Apricot (1.7 faster than furie), still slow compared with the world :lol:

Yeah Neal the stupid electric car at brands lol. I hate not being able to change gear as that's how I brake so Furie is faster in all the tight stuff.

It's a great challenge when you have a target though. Trying to brake later and later only I found more time by braking early.

marc said:
I tried that but went slower :(

It's positioning I find the issue - you can do it as Neal says but I'm, crap and always spend so much time feathering the throttle I forget to turn into that bloody first corner properly. I've always struggled with that first corner though - like forever - because of the lack of line of sight as you enter it.

I have no idea how professional drivers ever manage more than three laps without coming off :lol:

nealbie said:
Which one you guys talking about? I hated the automatic gearbox round baby Brands, but I just set a 1:40.5 second time out round Apricot (1.7 faster than furie), still slow compared with the world :lol:

I hate the **** Nissan. I've always hated that **** Nissan. I can't drive that **** Nissan to save my life.

It took me about 10 attempts to just get the **** thing around the first **** bend. **** Nissan piece of **** crap :lol:

I struggle at brands as well always have in every single car game. I can now do the first turn and the 2nd one. It's the 3rd and final turns, I'm either too fast or too slow lol.

With almost every track, I do what I do when I drive in real life. I look into the corner and through it, then alter my speed accordingly and position myself for the best line through.

It's something I don't really need to think about actively to get me around a track. Some tracks I know really well and just adjust to better breaking points and position naturally (Monza is a good example, I tend to just drive it without any real thought).

Brands Hatch though, I know the position and I know the speed, but I have to actually remember to concentrate on the track. Almost every pigging time that first corner catches me by surprise. I'm a complete idiot about it - no idea why.

I come across the start/finish line, it rises a bit and you see the right hand turn start and my brain always goes "it turns right a bit more and then you see the corner stretch off and right - you've time to sort it out, don't worry."

I hit the top of the hill and my brain goes "YOU **** IDIOT! YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN, LOOK! THE TRACK DROP IMMEDIATELY AWAY AND TO THE RIGHT AND YOU'RE GOING TOO FAST AND ARE IN COMPLETELY THE WRONG POSITION AND NOT TURNING ENOUGH. YOU'RE A **** MORON!"

I just have to remember to concentrate and ignore my brain :lol:

Pmsl I know the feeling and for me it's just that one track all the time.

I can see why drivers love it though.