What's new

The Games we play...

marc said:
I see the price of the ps4 has dropped am hoping it goes under £300 by the time the games are out that I want.

I foresaw the XB1price cut, and my opinion on the PS4 price cut (official) is that we won't see it until October time. They're claiming stocking issues that will continue until then, so it doesn't make sense to reduce the price. It will be a Destiny pack in I reckon. So probably a standalone price cut (as is now) and a Destiny pack in for the same price with a larger hard drive. IMHO

marc said:
Codemasters are bringing out a Senna game, well they have made a senna game. They are blocking the senna content on gt6 and the makers of gt6 are blocking codemasters.

The makers of gt6 got permission from the Senna Foundation, codemasters got told no so went to Bernie. Codemasters are 100% in the wrong here.

Bloody stupid. It's all about rights really isn't it? Bernie owns F1 rights, so I guess it depends how much F1 is mentioned?

jj23w said:
At the moment I'm playing disney infinity. The incredibles play set is amazing I have played half hour game play and the dialogue is one of the most interesting I've even seen fits more with children. The other game I am replaying is grand theft auto IV never did finish the final mission.

It's a great little game, but such an expense to keep on buying the worlds to get value from it.

Yes Bernie holds the f1 rights but no game can use the Senna name without the Foundations permission. All money they make goes back to Brazil to help children.

It's a shame as this was meant to be a special year to mark 20 years since he died and bloody codemasters messed it up.

Sanchezmran said:
jj23w said:
The other game I am replaying is grand theft auto IV
I found GTA4 in my brothers room and last week I've just been screwing around. Lots of fun!
I`d say I am on the mission where niko and little jacob shot down the helicopter but I know this time to do the revenge instead of deal.
It's a great little game, but such an expense to keep on buying the worlds to get value from it.
I like it but as you have said its an expensive game I have the super hero and super villain pack, I am going to buy the other packs when I have finished the games I am playing so it won`t be as expensive if you get what I mean don`t make it as expensive as the game seems.

What Codemasters game? I thought it was Reiza who were developing the Senna game? Can't find anything about it anywhere.

Besides, McLaren are the main sticking point rather than F1 rights. They won't permit anything regarding their F1 cars and licensing. That said, GT6 has a McLaren Senna suit already, so I'm guessing they've agreed something with them. Otherwise, we're only ever going to see Senna in a Lotus.

You need to look up why the planned senna stuff for gt6 was stopped, I have no Senna in a Lotus just senna in a suit.

There was going to be a whole senna story. You started off in karts and drive each of his cars. Mclarens everything.

The other problem is codemasters have the rights to the Lotus and Williams so no one can use them apart from them.

The game you mean was announced for pc only in 2011 and it never happened. They had the rights for 3 years now they don't.

Will find you the links later Neal was on there in Jan when I was looking and others have said on forums. It's all a mess when it comes to Senna. There a lot of people that bought gt6 for the Senna content are feel let down, maybe they can all sort this mess out.

Codemasters have the cars, apart from mclaren, but not the driver.

Here is some of it will try and get the rest later. You can see what it was meant to have.

http://voltmagonline.com/ayrton-senna-t ... turismo-6/

http://www.doublejump.co/gran-turismo-6 ... r-content/

Seriously considering getting an Xbox One Titanfall bundle with tax return. I'm getting one by September for NFL package anyways, and our cable subscription is almost up so we may be able to get a great deal by using an Xbone. The price drop is incentive enough, just depends on what we end up doing with tax return.

Already have a road trip planned in summer, but depending on where/when we move, it may delay it until September. I just don't want to get the downgraded model of Titanfall.

2048. It's a fantastic game app. You have to match two same numbers by sliding them into each other, starting with 2 2s, combine these to make a 4, another two forms, slide the numbers to form another 2, make another four, match to make an 8, then 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 and finally 2048. It sounds simple enough but it is very hard thanks to how the 2's regenerate after each slide. My high score is 7000. Download it and join in!

^My sister actually introduced the game to me last night! :lol: It's super addicting! I always need to stop myself after a few rounds each time! At the moment my high score is like 6100, and I've gotten to 512. Simple, yet great game.

marc said:

I read this yesterday and I think it was confused. The article isn't good. It says that F1 couldn't have Senna because "another game had the rights" and then put two and two together and came up with GT6. However, it's the earlier game that has the rights which was stopping F1 2013 and not GT6. Sony only announced Senna in the autumn last year and it was a new deal, Codemasters had already failed to license Senna.

marc said:

If you read the Sony interviews, it's a different story:
http://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauc ... interview/

The creator of GT said:
In regards to the collaborations we’re going to do with the Ayrton Senna institute, the goal is to do something around May of next year, which would be the 20th year after his passing.

So hopefully that's still the plan :)

Yes Furie it is all really confusing as to who actually has the rights to use the Senna name and the cars.

Codemasters have the Lotus and Williams, gt6 have the mclaren and toleman and now the name.

The other game is not happening by all accounts. They did have the rights to the lot but no longer do as they failed to meet the deadline set.

Maybe there will be an update in April with the Senna stuff but cannot see Codemasters letting gt6 use the cars which is a shame. There is a way round it though, just don't call the cars by their name and have different logos.

The other problem is when people claim to have played and used the Senna Mclaren cars that simply are not there and have never been there. This caused me to spend hours trying to find where it was.

With the wheel I am able to lap tracks 3 seconds faster than with the pad as can now use proper opposite lock and slide the car round corners. It's fantastic love the game they have got the car control bang on.

nealbie said:
It also feels "larger" than the last one and all the Ayrton Senna McLaren stuff so far has been fab. Can't wait to unlock more stuff!

marc said:
The other problem is when people claim to have played and used the Senna Mclaren cars that simply are not there and have never been there. This caused me to spend hours trying to find where it was.

Maybe they took it all out after announcing it wouldn't be arriving until May?

Not sure what you mean?

Performance? The game runs silky smooth. The fast cars are fast. Slow cars are slow.

Racing? It's too easy, yes. With no assists on, it's still too easy to get to the front of the pack and dominate - except on the higher performance cars where sometimes the CPU cars just complete outperform you and you're not on a level field.

However, it's generally (in my opinion), the game that most accurately recreates real racing. That initial battle to the front is brilliant. It's just a shame it's too easy and then you end up stuck out in front forever.

GT6 also suffers from this, only it's worse. GT6 is about racing yourself, the other cars are just there to get in the way. It's more realistic in terms of control though and how the cars react.

Ok so I couldn't help myself being a huge Metal Gear fan ever since I first played the game on PS1 and I bought Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes.

I wasn't going to bother buying it having read the reviews online about how short the game was and read that is nothing more than a 'very expensive demo'. However I really couldn't help myself and bought the 'demo' on PS4 for £24.99.

Onto the game..

Wow is all I can say, Metal Gear has really been taken to the next level here. As you would expect it looks stunning and the way snake moves is incredible, it feels so real. What I will say though in previous games if you were seen by a security guard, you really were punished and most of the time you would be killed. On this game your health seems to be very high, I have only played it on normal I'm sure if you play it on hard your health will probably be much lower.

However the game is incredibly short as I suspected, its full of side missions that I am yet to play, but if you wanted to just complete the main mission and nothing else we aren't talking a very long time at all. You can just have fun going mad driving the tank and using the anti aircraft guns shooting all the security guards as well if you like.

So yeah this is nothing more than a very expensive demo and I can't say that I would recommend parting with £25 for it unless you know you are going to try to complete the game 100% to get your moneys worth. One thing this game does do however is showcase how good the new Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain is going to be, which I guess is the purpose of this game.

I think I've tried every MGS game since the PS1 one and I can't say I've ever managed to find the appeal in them. I find them tiresome, long winded and unrewarding. I just cannot see what the fuss is about - apart from the fact they have always looked fantastic and push "interesting new concepts".

Just doesn't gel with me, I'll not be parting with £25 :lol: