What's new

The Games we play...

Yeah obviously the PC version is a lot easier to use with the mouse and keyboard, I havn't played PC version but Furie has played COD4 on PS3 (i think!) and he said he was impressed by controls for a controller, but he does prefer mouse/keyboard controls for FPS games.

Also multiplayer on consoles max is 18 players, I think its 50 on PC.

^ I think it's called 'Prestige Mode', when you hit level 55 you can start again at rank 1 but with a different icon next to your name in game.

I Suppose it bring something new to the game once you've hit the top rank :)

The controls on the PS3 version are really fluent and are easy to use.
I actually prefer to use a pad than a mouse and keyboard for FPS. :p

Coaster Ollie said:
I actually prefer to use a pad than a mouse and keyboard for FPS. :p

Fool

I got COD4 today... I still think multiplayer is quite slowpaced.

I keep pressing the wrong buttons as well ¬_¬ thus throwing a grenade and blowing every one up.

I also didnt know you couldtake 50 million bullets to the face and survive

which is what me and my team mates tended to do.

I have to agree on what Yatzee said about health bars. they need to come back with there best friend the health pack.

Sorry, not exactly a recommendation but this video did make me LOL

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLOUxh7baCY[/youtube]

New sonic.. actually.. looks.. good!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOI0kHe_tT8&[/youtube]

Coaster Ollie said:
I prefer Sonic games by miles to Mario. :D

I hate both but never mind.

In other news i got my sister to get get me R-Type Final from play.com

Should be here in about 2 weeks minimum.

and I think I might invest in GH3.

dragonforce is easy when you have 6 hands.

That Sonic game actually does look really good. I still prefer the old ones though on Sega Genesis and Sega Dreamcast. More then likely though I'll buy it and give it a try, Sonic is one of my favorites.

Been doing some reserch today at work about the sonic gameand acording to the bits and bobs i got its for the WII and its aparantly called sonic unleashed up to niw that is, and as far as i know it has something to do woth sonic turning into a werewolf or sometype of creture like that, But knowing the games industry it could all change by the time of relise. On another notr we got a pre copy of DARK SECTOR on ps3 today so had a good hour of playing on my break and i have to say i will be buying it its rather good yes its another srd person shooter but what gives it the edge is the GLAVE which is a spinny metel disk thing you control to hack people to bits and stuff its ace go check out the reviews and prevews online, It looks awsome too

big john said:
Been doing some reserch today at work about the sonic gameand acording to the bits and bobs i got its for the WII and its aparantly called sonic unleashed

yeah.. but the screenshots are 720p.. which suggests 360/ps3.

But no announcement on what yet.. Sega arent actually admiting this even exists - MIGHT be a very good geeky fan video.

Considering how well wii selling and how good friends nintendo and sega are they'd be stupid not to do a version for that platform..

well its got some truth to it as sega has been patenting names and sonic unleshed is one of them after a little more reserch it looks like its going to be wii and 360 it comes out on looks like ps3 will be missing out but meh iv got a wii so wooo hoooo. WE got house of the dead 2+3 in work today for relese on friday so had to try it hehe its not bad with the wii mote actually works better if you plus it into the gun, Not the zapper **** that nintendo made but the new 3rd party one tis quite good

I got GH3 just now.

I'v played on it befor in the shop and at a friends house.

I tried the infamouse TTFAF (on easy) and managed to get quite far befor epic fail occured.

Twas fun.

^ I have no idea but I was in red for 99% of the song I did.

Any way more on GH3

up to the 5th venue. I think :| Tis fun ^_^ my knuckles are killing though andi smacked the wall twice as well. XD

Kimahri wrote
got GH3 just now.

I'v played on it befor in the shop and at a friends house.

I tried the infamouse TTFAF (on easy) and managed to get quite far befor epic fail occured.

Kool so you got a brand spanking new game and entred a cheet right away thats a nice way of wasting the game right there lol hehehe:p.

You dont get to accses TTFAF untill you compleate the game and stuff as its an extra song.

Im not having a go i just dont get the point of spending money on a game and cheeting at it it just feels a wast to me id much rather have the challenge of compleating it normaly then cheeting to see how much fun you can squeeze out of it with cheets, Thats prob why i like res evil and such like so much as there aint no cheets untill you do the game through once. anyways back to games recomendations.
played a copy of GT5 proulogue and it looks stunning just a shame we have to wait over another year for the full game but meh this will suffice for 17 quid hehehe 16 player online is cool too

^ I didnt cheat, it was at a friends house. Guess I worded that last post wrong. Plus I never uses cheats that are beneficial. only the one that add an extra bit of humor to a game, like human gun sounds on TS:FP.

Yeah John, GT5 is on my list to get after the weekend. I'll never play the full game anyway, so Prologue will do me fine :D

I'm back into Dirt again now though. I've re-arranged the living room, and have a sofa a few feet from the TV, so it's good to take advantage of Hi-Def and my feedback wheel.

I've played Rally games with a wheel before and they generally suck, but Dirt is superb with it!