What's new

The Games we play...

Grid looks like they've ruined the Toca series to be honest. I'm not very optimistic about it I'm afraid.

With Grand Turismo 5 Prologue. You can either buy it off the Playstation Store for £25, or you can get it from Amazon for £18.

What a hard desision to make. :p

LINK!

Dispite the fact graphics dont make a game.

GT5 looks WOW!

Alas though I don't like Realistic driving games.

Ah well

If only someone could make a game that wasn't incredibly boring, with graphics as good as that.

John91 said:
Speaking of GT5 Prologue, http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/gran ... mages.html
These pics now confirm that this is going to be an absolute blinder. And have something to aim for in the main game. Roll on other teams.

Except for the fact that not one of those is an in game gameplay shot.

I've gone over this explanation months previous.. so look earlier in this thread for reasons/examples why...

If only someone could make a game that wasn't incredibly boring, with graphics as good as that.

As stated numerous times in the past.. realism IS boring. The sooner gamers realise that, the sooner developers can go back to ignoring realism and making innovative fun games which surprise you with the worlds created out of imagination as opposed to being stuck in boring realism.

Give me mario kart (fun, interesting imaginative worlds.. with "kiddy" graphics) over GT (boring, dull, realism.. with "realistic" graphics) any day of the week.

One is going to keep me playing to see what the next track is like.. one isnt.

^But the in-game graphics are that good. They have the shadow and reflections done perfectly.
It's one of the best looking games out. :p

Anyway today I got Oblivion and The Darkness.

Oblivion. Have played it on friends computer, but didnt have enough time to get past the first Oblivion Gate. Great game, and the size of the map is huge. Plus every single character (apart from yourself) has his/hers (or it's) own voice.

The Darkness. Great game, get it NOW! . :shock:
This game is really good. It has great visuals and a great soundtrack to accompany it. The style of the game is grat and it introduces a brand new way of gameplay that hasnt been done before. Also you're not just getting the game, you'r getting several free movies and old T.V shows with it. Around the game are t.vs where you can watch full movies ect such as Karate Kid, Popeye, 10,000 leagues under the sea, and loads more.

Online is a bit screwed at the moment, as hardly anyone has heard of this game so that many people have it. (which makes it difficult to find a match) And online mode is quite glitchy. But enough of that, the story is fantastic and throws you straight into the action with a high speed car chase. The game also has lots of gore in it and has plenty of OOH! THAT MUST OF HURT! moments.

I highly recomend getting both of these games. And better still you can get both from Argos for either £35 each por £50 for both. :p

Coaster Ollie said:
^But the in-game graphics are that good. They have the shadow and reflections done perfectly.
It's one of the best looking games out. :p

Ooooh.. shadows and reflections.. How complex! I'm sure it makes it play ooh so much better :lol:

My point is, he was using screenshots of the "game" to show how great looking it was/or is going to be.. And the screenshots linked to arent in game shots.

Not that it stops it being a dull game anyhows (see above)

Not everyone likes an unrealistic game. A lot of people like the realism of the GT series. It can a lot of fun, if you realise that you have to drive properly and not like a lunatic as in burnout. And irrespective of our opinion, GT5 will be absolutely massive.

Coaster Ollie said:
Plus every single character (apart from yourself) has his/hers (or it's) own voice.

Unfortunately not true, you'll start to recognise voices all over the place, and pretty soon they get very annoying. I loved the game, but ultimately the repetitiveness of these kinda games starts to grind. I never even finished the main story, but did all the more fun side quests instead.

As for the subject of realism, what you guys are critically missing is that you only have opinions. I personally LOVE realistic games, and Gran Turismo and Forza are some of my favorite games. However, I don't like realism constantly, but i don't really want a game which switches between the two, I simply buy 2 different games for whichever mood I'm in. Saying realistic games suck is stupid, as of course there's a market for them, ever heard of SPORTS GAMES?

When I was 12 or 13, mario golf and mario tennis for game boy color were incredibly addictive! Unrealistic sports + rpg elements = great fun. I spent many a long car ride playing those.

Um, has anyone played Age of Mythology?
It's basically amazing

I came to conclusion years ago that the majority of gamers are stupid. They don't want innovation, they don't want to be surprised and i'm not even sure they even play games to have fun. They just want to play the same game over and over again (usually a racer or a fps), but with prettier pixels.

(not too far away from the movie or music industries in fact)

Smelly said:
I came to conclusion years ago that the majority of gamers are stupid.

Great you've just summed up yourself in 13 words. Unlucky. :p

If you think all FPS and Racers are always the same then you need to think hard before you say something that makes you look like a fool. :?
The only thigns that are the same is the fact that you shoot in FPS's (which is why their in that ****ing catagory), and you drive in driving games.

You don't go out and buy a driving game and then play it and moan about it being the same as driving games. You buy a game under a certain genre knowing what type of game it is. So you can't moan, you bought it.

Anyway I take back what I said about the Darkness multiplayer being rubbish. Went on it today and it was really good. The music and the pace was just right, and it made you panic when you were walking down a corridor and about five darklings come sprinting down the coridor towards you and try to maul your face off. :D

Way to miss my point. But i cant be bothered to argue as it's off topic.

Although i will say - If all people keep buying are fps games (or running down corridor sims as i prefer to call them) with different stories and different graphics being the only way to tell them apart. And racing games where pretty much only the quality of the graphics tell them apart.

.. then that's all that gets made.. and sooner or later people will get bored playing the same game over and over again with prettier pixels/different story.

Then that'll be the death of games..

And to me with this rush to make everything realistic (i.e. boring) - it's pretty much already happening.

(i'll shut up now)

GT5P would be good if the update actually worked so I can play online, and use GTTV, and get news feeds. But no. Its just not happening.

^I went online yesterday.
But all that they have in GTTV at the moment is the games opening sequence. :p