What's new

The Games we play...

^It is good, but it's not my type of game. Th gameplay is inceredibbly fast though. :shock:

If your interested in that sort of game then you'll think it's amazing, but if not you may think it's still really good, but not as good as other people (who like sort of game) made it out to be. (I confused myself there).

lol said:
Has anyone played Unreal on the PS3 yet? Worth getting?

Yes, I posted a review 25 pages back... Two days ago I think it was :lol:

It's the same as the PC version of 2004 really, only a bit prettier.

The controls are superb though. I hate FPS on consoles, but they've got them spot on in this. You can also use a keyboard and mouse :D

My only problem is that it's just the same UT gameplay. The thing I love about it is... It's the same UT gameplay :D

kimahri said:
Theme hospital = superior on PC :p

Not really, its exactly the same, there is no difference what so ever. Good game though and everyone should play it :p

Btw this whole console argument is pants. They are all good in their own way, although come to think of it I can't think of anything major about the 360 which makes it special.

The PS3 is very good with its blu-ray player (its main use in my house), has some fun exclusive games coming out this year (don't know the names of them so don't ask me), has the eyetoy (loveage :p) and has decent controllers.

The Wii is fun, very good fun, good excerise too (being recommended to old peeps to help keep them fit, lol). Did I mention its fun?

The Xbox 360 however doesn't really have anything special apart from its un-ergenomical (is that how its spelt?) designed controllers which are lame.

I don't really judge consoles on their power anymore but thats my opinion on those three :p

I can't be bothered to look through the masses of pages of this topic but has anyone reviewed Burnout Paradise? I think it looks good and one is tempted to get a copy, is it worth it?

peep said:
kimahri said:
Theme hospital = superior on PC :p
Not really, its exactly the same, there is no difference what so ever

Mouse :wink:

I'm taking Unreal as UT3

If so I think I may invest in it either by putting sommat aside or getting it :|

BO:paradise is great fun Peep! Get it, and play against me and John. With your camera, we'll be able to see you too!!!

Make sure you have a headset though :)

furie said:
BO:paradise is great fun Peep! Get it, and play against me and John. With your camera, we'll be able to see you too!!!

Make sure you have a headset though :)

Lol, cools. I saw the eyetoy thing on the back of the case which sounds fun. Need to get a headset though. Hmm, I'll let you know when I get moneys cause that will be the day I'll get it :p

The thing is you dont need to buy the ps3 headset im using a cheep 4.99 bluetooth headset i got free with my phone and it works just fine so dont be conned into buying expensive sony branded crap, Also hurry and get it so we can go smash each other up hehehe. On a game note im keeping and eye on Mirror's Edge it sounds wierd but if they pull it off it could be a kooool game ill not give it away go search for it and read for yourself.Also Blast works on the wii looks like a kool game to another game to take a risk, Well kind of go look at them and see what you think

I just read Ollie's post, and can't but help to comment :lol:

I'll put forward a couple of questions.

1. You have two vehicles. One has a 1000cc engine, the other a 200cc engine. which is the fastest vehicle?

2. You have 6 pint coke bottles filled with water, and 3 pint glasses filled with water. When turned upside down, which will drain of water the quickest?

Answers:

1. The 200cc vehicle is faster, because it's a motorbike, and designed for speed. The 1000cc vehicle is a truck, and designed for haulage.

2. The pint glasses will empty quicker, and you will be able to refill the glasses and empty them again in the time it takes the 6 coke bottles to empty.

The point? Numbers don't mean anything. There's much more to making something fast than having a bigger 'engine'.

Want proof? Have a PS3 and 360 side by side, and load Dirt. The 360 version will load Dirt faster (yet the drive is slower? How does that work? Oh, it's those numbers misleading you again). The game will look identical (the PS3 can't keep up 1080 frame rates, so most games actually only run in 720). Amazing considering everything that makes the PS3 twice as fast and twice as powerful ;)

I just tried it and a glass definitely empties faster than a bottle. Everyone should try, it in fact, it's eye-opening.

There we are then, new game recommendation - water emptying! :)

I give it 8/10 :lol:

By the way, this topic did come into some use.

The way Big John was raving on about Uncharted I thought I'd get it, I'm hooked, it looks superb, and plays superb, and the storyline is great. I'm at chapter eight on the speedboat part at the moment, died a few times, then mother wanted the big HD tele back to watch Countdown (gutted, wasting the tele for Countdown) so I'm back upstairs, with my puny one :(

So yes "Uncharted:Drakes Fortune" is REALLY good.

^Yes Uncharted is really good. :D

9/10 game and has amazing graphics (especially the water effects) <3
Plus the way you play the game is good. The controlls are fluid and everything just seems to work perfectly.
Plus, it's a PS3 exclusive :lol:

(refusing to get back into console arguments.. but phil is right.. and if you want more info.. go read my toy making analogy)

I *still* play trackmania every now and then.

It's still my favouritist racing/puzzle/platforming game.

Soon to come out on ds too!

Trackmania ds:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKgzlit6V-E[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyNgNrJnh7k[/youtube]