What's new

The Games we play...

^^ Shift is a poor driving game. I love the game structure, but the actual driving is poor. It's not got the excitement, damage and handling of Grid, or the realism of GT. It sits between the two and does it badly.

However, the career mode, online, car modifications, etc are all superb. Add the front end to Grid and you'd have the world's best racing game ever.

Hot Pursuit looks like great fun. It's Criterion, and they're essentially doing Burnout again. The old Hot Pursuit games are both examples of the most fun racing games ever made (arcade fun), only surpassed by the first three Burnout games. Now we've got a mix of the two and hopefully it'll be excellent.

Unlike F1 2010 which will be all about doing press conferences to make up excuses as to why Ferrari must win :p

Oh, and:
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus PS3 HD remakes CONFIRMED!!!
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/14/ico-a ... amitsu-so/

I'm going to post that link on every page in this topic until it's released next year. There isn't anyone with a PS3 who should NOT buy this remake pack. Ico is one of the best platformers ever, and Shadow of the Colossus is possibly THE best game ever!

Finally, I got a new PS3 on Friday (320Gb version) with the Move pack and PS3 Sports Resort ( :p Sports Champions).

Move makes the PS3 a fantastic Wii 2.0. Make of that what you will really. It all depends on how much you liked the "casual games" and how much you need a small plumber in your life.

I have to say though, the Archery is bloody brilliant, knocks Wii Sports Resort archery into a tin hat.

Few games to report on first the new F1 im not a mega fan of F1 but this game looks and plays fantastic its got a feel of grid to it but this does not detract from the F1 feel it also has a dirt 2 feel to it again not detracting from the F1 feel all in all codemaster have done an exelent job of it only compounding my opinion that all racing games should be made by ether codemasters of criterion. Next up is dead rising 2 just think dead rising 1 but more over the top that is all really if you liked the first youll love this if not stay clear. and yes i did get my hands on sonys Move and i am quite impressed with it yes it has a few party games at the moment but after you play the likes of killzone 3 and other hardcore games on it it does actually work well myself and a few of my work mates went to a sony confrence to have a go on said hardcore games and they do work very very well with move so give it some time and i think it will grow well sony also told us that they are not going to let it decend into mini game madness like the wii they will be aproving all games for the move so lets see if they keep that promise lol.
Just to add i have a spare Move motion controll if anone is interested for only £29.99 letme know by PM and if anyone with a ps3 is reading PM me i have 3 codes for movie downloads if anyone wants them

Hixee said:
Halo Reach <3
QFT! Firefight is DA BOMB! Also lovin' the Hunter Rave Easter Egg! Grunts dancing & the Brute DJ are a riot! The Brute Bartender needs to get with it though. :p

Bugger :(

Some people I know from f1 forums managed to get the game early as they work in shops but the PC versions which is meant to be the same as the PS3 and Xbox versions.

Tracks are meant to be rubbish to wide and the corners are wrong. The sound is not going at the same speed as the gear change or cars and the conrtols are meant to be wrong i.e the Wii wheel problem is the same in this game.

They are claiming its a huge let down and it is as they feared, a tarted up Codemasters game they is using the same engine as their other car games.

Let's face it, the biggest problem is that without all the arguing off the track, it's a computer simulation of the world's most boring motor sport :p

You'll probably find that the PC owners are struggling from "PC Gamer" syndrome... The PS3 reviews I've read have all bee very positive in terms of "gameplay works". No mention of corners too wide or the like (I guess that's if you're a real F1 fan), but no mention of sound or control issues either.

I have a feeling they were looking for a simulation and not a game.

Silverstone, Spa, Monza have so far been slated as having to tight corners that are not tight in real life.

Its also meant to be easy with people getting pole by over a second on the hardest level in a back end car.

Edit.

Some other people have no played the ps3 and xbox version and said they game is fantastic, hard and the car behaves as you would expect it to etc. The main complaint is the damage model and that is about it.

The other problem is that 99% of the time these people will be saying "they're too tight" when they don't ACTUALLY know what it feels like to DRIVE that corner.

People are soooo picky about the way that cars and tracks are in these games, but, how many of them actually KNOW for sure what throwing an F1 car around those corners feels like? Throughout development they were getting the thumbs up from people who ACTUALLY drive the cars, so maybe they are fine, it's just not what people expected.

Also, it might be "easy", but, racing games are always going to be easier than real life because if you come off the track, you just re-wind, you don't potentially die.

People complain about racing games in the most retarded way ever a lot of the time. The only way we'll know is if we actually PLAY it ourselves. And you know what, if it feels just like Grid, FANTASTIC. Grid was awesome.

People are saying the AI is superb on the harder level.

When they say the corners are wrong is from the over head shots etc, when you overlay the real track to there you can see it. But its not like way off it is just a tiny bit off :)

This was never advertised as a sim, it is a game and the PC version is from the console version for which it was designed for.

Most people who said it was bad have changed their minds now, you cannot judge the game until you do a full weekend etc. You are meant to feel really part of it and its intense etc.

Biggest complaints now are the mirrors, you cannot see the car behind. I will just drive as Vettel, MS, Alonso or Webber should be very real then.

Ben your wheel is now supported btw.

Sounds great to me :)

What was that Kim said?

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus PS3 HD remakes CONFIRMED!!!
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/14/ico-a ... amitsu-so/

I'm going to post that link on every page in this topic until it's released next year. There isn't anyone with a PS3 who should NOT buy this remake pack. Ico is one of the best platformers ever, and Shadow of the Colossus is possibly THE best game ever!

Played Kung Fu Rider (demo) last night.

It's one of the Move game. You get on an office chair and have to make your way down a hill while escaping from the mob... Probably best not to ask.

It's a cross between Toobin (old Atari game), Tony Hawks first attempt on the Wii and Gti Club. It's simple, basic, but kind of fun... Not worth £35 mind... Bit quirky, controls that will drive you insane in half an hour.

Oh dear the F1 game is a huge let down, I am not going to say what is wrong tbh the list is to long. All that is right is it looks nice.

marc said:
Most people who said it was bad have changed their minds now, you cannot judge the game until you do a full weekend etc. You are meant to feel really part of it and its intense etc.

:p

Yes and I had done 4 full weekends now and it gets no better, if anything it gets worse.

You have to brake so early for a corner its stupid.