What's new

The Games we play...

So yesterday I picked up Alan Wake and Arkham Asylum...

After Arkham failing epically and needing to be taken back in today, I played through the first chapter of Wakey, and found it rather fun so far... Certainly the main draw of the game is the story, the gameplay is rather decent (although reminds me of Luigi's Mansion), and has hideously bad lip-syncing...

So far I approve of Ben's reccomendation on it though...

After getting Arkham cleaned up, it was time to charge around like a bat... Yay... Once again good fun, and I'm sure many of you already know how good it is, so it doesn't need that much of a review...

In Wii related news, Metroid Other M is out today <3 Dunno when I'll be getting it, but I'm excited about it... Woo for good Wii games turning up...

Vanquish is awsome its insanly mental and fast if you play it that way that is. on a side not mafia is emense im loving the story and i genuanly want to keep playing as i want to know what happens next its really that good the ps3 version is better though as you get the add on packs for free so another 30 missions more than xbox who have to pay for them. Also for my third game the new spiderman game shattered dimensions its well ok its your general spiderman fighting game but you get to play as 4 different spidermen the noir one is very remenisent of the batman game its actually not to bad. And last is Halo reach now i will admit im not a xbox fan but i do have one and i do have to admit this is actually EPIC the game is amazing i couldnt stop playing it least to say i was up till 4 this morning finishing it lol the space battles are awsome tonking round in a ship killing everything. also it has jet packs which are kool. and it just looks like Bungie have overhauled everything from the bad halo 3 and the god awfull ODST. it looks and plays very very good very responsive and it has the wow moments with the set pieces get it i do recomend it. cant coment on the online as im not an online player plus the promo copys at work dont have the online on them booooo lol but yes had it done it get it its good.

I know its old but I'm playing Pixeljunk Monsters a lot again lately and its infuriating me!!!

Trying to rainbow (perfect) all the levels, and you spend about 20mins on one stage then the 19th (out of 20) wave, one daft little spider will sneak through and kill one of your people.

If you haven't bought this yet off the PSN you should its well worth the money the life span you get out of it.

Child of Eden and Portal 2 Pre-ordered.

According to GAME Portal is out on the 9th of feb followed by Child of Eden on the 11th.

Jizz.

Finally got dead on the 2000 experience points in Grid. It's just something that has kept me entertained on the **** boring days over the summer and I just wanted to get the 50G.

Simple things I know...

Rented Fallout 3 from Blockbuster last week. Been wanting to play it for ages. I was a bit unsure at first but as soon as I got out the vault and understood what to do and not to steal things from peoples houses I got really into it. Now I've given it back I want the full game and am tempted to buy it when I have the money.

Question though. I played the normal version but am thinking of getting the Game of the Year Addition with all the DLC on it. Will having that version still allow me to continue from my last game save or will I have to start again?

For those interested I got up to the bit where you've got into where the Brotherhood of Steel are and I was looking for the person to train me to use the power armour. Even though I've been playing for ages it still feels like I have tonnes left to do as there's lots of missions and places to explore. :)

Also played Bioshock the week before, which is another game I've wanted to play for ages.
Got through the story and felt a tad let down. It's a really good game. Just it felt after the amazing start it got a bit repetitive and it didn't really challenge you as a player. Even in the hard fights if you died you just re-spawned and could continue from right near with you died. Even the enemies had the low health you left them with. It just makes you wonder what the point of letting the character die is.
Still enjoyed it though. Just not as 'amazing' as I thought it'd be.

Bioshock is the best current gen console FPS by a long, long, LONG way.

It's not very difficult, sure, but, that just allows you to more easily enjoy the fantastic, ball-swellingly good story and art style. The combat is frantic and fun, but, the "small" penalty for dying means it doesn't become a chore. I also believe you CAN turn the chambers off, try that for a challenge :p Also, you can shoot bees at people.

Now, would you kindly NOT mention the second one, because that is awful.

Ollie said:
Question though. I played the normal version but am thinking of getting the Game of the Year Addition with all the DLC on it. Will having that version still allow me to continue from my last game save or will I have to start again?

I don't thinks so. It's just the same gave with the Add on data already installed.

Also, its okay if you steal every once in a while, especially from people you hate.

Even though I've been playing for ages it still feels like I have tonnes left to do as there's lots of missions and places to explore. :)

GO TO VAULT 108!!!!

^I've been in the Vault where you go into that dream world and have to pass those tasks. That was great fun. :)

^^If you turn them off where do you go when you die? I did like it. The whole entrance to Rapture is amazing with all the lights turning on and seeing the first splicers. Just it gets a bit repetitive just shooting enemies with guns and plasmids and having to do that stupid tube puzzle every time you want to hack something which ends up being hundreds of times. I just felt a bit let down after everything I'd heard about it. Still enjoyed it though. I didn't think much of the story either. There was a lot of back story but the only 'story' I could get was what some guy talking to me through an intercom was saying as I wandered around the corridors. It was obvious that he wouldn't be who he said he was as well.

Now would you kindly... :p

Bioshock's story is amazzzinng >.< And I love the way it's told, with very few actual cut scenes and most of it being through audio logs and the such. I like that. Rapture's an amazing place. Or was... Until 2. Seriously, don't play 2.

And on the Game of the Year edition talk, I can't say for sure but the only time I have had both a regular and a Game of the Year edition, it has been two seperate sets of files... and achievements <3 Dunno how standard that is.

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus PS3 HD remakes CONFIRMED!!!
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/14/ico-a ... amitsu-so/

I'm going to post that link on every page in this topic until it's released next year. There isn't anyone with a PS3 who should NOT buy this remake pack. Ico is one of the best platformers ever, and Shadow of the Colossus is possibly THE best game ever!

I'm very excited, I've never played either so it should be good.

Though, I'm gonna struggle to call them the best games ever because, you know, they're not Portal...

Ben said:
I'm very excited, I've never played either so it should be good.

Though, I'm gonna struggle to call them the best games ever because, you know, they're not Portal...

Yeah, but Portal as a game isn't actually very good. The concept is, and the presentation is, but the core gameplay is still the same as it was for Quake 18 years ago.

While both Ico and SOTC are battle/platformers at heart, the sheer scale and design beauty is overwhelming. Plus they last for more than an hour :p

furie said:
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus PS3 HD remakes CONFIRMED!!!
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/14/ico-a ... amitsu-so/

I'm going to post that link on every page in this topic until it's released next year. There isn't anyone with a PS3 who should NOT buy this remake pack. Ico is one of the best platformers ever, and Shadow of the Colossus is possibly THE best game ever!

:D

Also, from today on the PSN store you can get both of the Monkey Island games for £6.29, and Pain for £3.19.

And the FIFA 11 demo is out as well.

Woot xD

Lain said:
And the FIFA 11 demo is out as well.

Woot xD

Welcome to last week :p

Pain is good for that price, it's simple but you can grab a good few hours of fun from it.

Monkey Island 2 that cheap already? Oooops :lol:

I can't find the Fifa 11 demo ANYWHERE on the stupid Playstation Store, so I'm having to get the Xbox version to keep me happy for the time being...

This post really has NO point apart from, again, pointing out that the internet service on the PS3 is ****.

Playstation Store update is EVERY Wednesday at around 5:00 p.m. Sometimes a little earlier, sometimes a little later.

In the US (so you can get everything earlier; you DO have a US Playstation account don't you?) it's a Tuesday evening at 5:00 p.m. some US time zone.

Simple stuff and very regular - you just need to know when. Ask Valve what they think of the Xbox internet service ;)

Of course, I've been sitting on the Fifa demo for a week... And not downloading it because it'll be poo :p

Well, all I know is that since the FIFA demo chose to grace the PS Store with its presence, it has taken the same amount of time to get to 8% as my Xbox took to download the entire demo...

Ben said:
Well, all I know is that since the FIFA demo chose to grace the PS Store with its presence, it has taken the same amount of time to get to 8% as my Xbox took to download the entire demo...

Tell me about it.

Looks like I won't be playing it 'til the morning then... ¬_¬