What's new

The Games we play...

homer said:
My post is way more factual than Insane's, and that's a fact!

True!

You have no idea how tempted i was to reply to each and every one of his garbage nonsense points.. but i stopped myself! I must be getting more tolerant of stupidity in my old age :lol:

Coaster Ollie said:
I recomend getting home when it comes out. :D

How can you recommend something which you've not yet used?

^Because I can. :p

Anyway going on Warhawk again tonight with Smithy, so if anyone wants to join us feel free. :D

My PSN name is 'sillymatman1'
And Smithy's is 'Djedwardsmith'

Anyway. I've been tempted since it was announced to get Uncharted Drakes Fortune, but havn't got round to getting it. :D
Looks amazing though.

And little news announement here:
Work has already begun on Motorstorm 2 and Resistance 2 (which is set in iceland and America this time. :? )

I finally got to play Forza 2, Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 last night

Forza 2 was awesome, but not as good as Grant Turismo 4

Halo 3, good but really really overrated.

Call of Duty 4, Awesome. Truly awesome. I need my own next gen console for it. Preferably the PS3.

Street fighter IV has been on in tokyo and IGN got hands on with it...

In my oppinion capcom are taking a pretty dangerous step jumping to 3-D for there main series (look at street fighter EX for there attempts at a 3-D street fighter game)

Looks quite good actually it's just the models them selves... I can understand zangief haveing a large manhood but... CHUN LI HAS A BULGE!!!!

D:
D:
D:

D:

so i just jumped on the ps3 bandwagon and got 5 games with it so having fun at the moment 1st game motorstorm. Well this in my opinion is a very good but very hard game to say it was a launch title its held up well its a great laugh and even better online, Second is ridge racer 7 now yes another launch game and another old game but meh i like ridge racer so :p. Next up is burnout paradise now i loved this game on the 360 so its the same thing here its an awsome game. Next and one i think people may disagree with me about, Heavenly sword im really enjoying this game and i would recomend it to anyone who like hack and slash games. And last but not least Uncharted drakes fortune, This game is absolutly fantastic its been a long time since iv been gob smacked by a game i recomend this to anyone with a ps3 its got just the right feel to it a bit of mix between gears of war and tomb raider the platforming is awsome and the shooting bits work so well trust me its kool go buy it now lol.

Oh My GOD!

I FINISHED IKARUGA!!!!!

*screams*

That Final true boss "Tageri" IS ****ING EPIC!

And then the Stone like and what happens at the end is so sad.

It really shows how desperate Shinra was :'(

Must. Buy. Playstation. Now. Even though I don't have HD my mum said she might upgrade soon :D Means I can continue playing Guitar Hero and Tomb Raider when the next ones come out.

^ :shock:

Next tomb raider looks the sex. :D

Tomb Raider <33333

Screenshots here!

In other news Microsoft are currently producing a blu-ray add on for the 360. (shows how much faith they have in their HD. ;) )

Coaster Ollie said:
In other news Microsoft are currently producing a blu-ray add on for the 360. (shows how much faith they have in their HD. ;) )

1. it wasnt their HD format, they showed support for a better format for no other reason than to piss off their competitor.

2. Microsoft dont care about which format "wins", games will never use that space (well not least this generation anyhows) and all it's doing is pushing the profit margins down for sony while they try to get their format into your living rooms via means of trojan horse.

3. Microsoft are more interested in people streaming hi def content online.

4. I fail to see what any of this has to do with games? Unless you're stupid enough to believe hype that games will actually use that space for anything other than recording all the different foreign language videos and putting them all on the same disc.

5. Even presuming for a minute that a game was unoptimally made so as to need to take up all that space (most games nowadays are getting smaller not bigger). The amount of time required to load games that big would be immense (See devil may cry 4), as the disc size is getting bigger, the seek/access times are still slow as buggery.

It's a pointless format. I can kinda see the point of it for film (for the emperor clothing film buffs who insist that movies become better if they can see a pimple on the lead actresses butt cheek). But for videogames it exists as nothing more than a trojan horse to convince you to buy videos in a new format.

(oh, and congratulations - you paid over the odds for an underpowered machine, with hardly any decent games for the privilege of playing movies with a few extra dots!)

^Name one thing that the 360 does better than the PS3! (apart from number of games)

This video explains all. :p
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZQA2zGihCs[/youtube]

Coaster Ollie said:
^Name one thing that the 360 does better than the PS3! (apart from number of games)

" (apart from number of games)"

Surely games are the thing you actually buy a games machine for? Without games, you've just got an expensive brick in your bedroom.

Just one thing?

Graphical capabilites
General Performance
Less bottlenecks
More games
Better games
Better online support (which actually works)
live arcade
Rumble in the controller
etc etc

And no, before you ask.. no i dont have one. I dont even own a ps3. So I dont have any "allegiance" towards any machine. I've never understood why people become "fans" of one machine over another.

The ps3 is a nice bit of kit.. But it's still expensive (for what you're getting), and it's just not as good as the 360 (considering how much money you're paying for it).

You're merely paying thru the nose so sony can put the trojan horse movie player in your living room so they gain exclusivity to a new movie format (something they've been trying to do since beta max)

PS: As for the video, you do know that the percentage of failure rate on the ps2 was higher than the 360 dont you?

Smelly, you really need to understand this next bit:

The PS3 is NOW - and has been for a couple of months - CHEAPER than a 360

I agree with everything else, but price is no longer an issue - especially if you DO want to move to HD films.

Smelly said:
And no, before you ask.. no i dont have one. I dont even own a ps3. So I dont have any "allegiance" towards any machine. I've never understood why people become "fans" of one machine over another.
People become fans of the machines because they buy them on the basis of the games they are interested in.
For example the 360 is great if you are into hard core games such as FPS games.
The PS3 is a more all round machine and does seem to have a particular edge when it comes to sports games
The Wii though is aimed at the casual gamer.
There are different reasons for buying each console, and people do realise what is better for their gaming tastes.

smelly said:
The ps3 is a nice bit of kit.. But it's still expensive (for what you're getting), and it's just not as good as the 360 (considering how much money you're paying for it).
Considering that the PS3 comes with the wi-fi, Blu-ray and a host of other bits and bobs, the PS3 is actually better for your money that the top flight version of the X-Box.