What's new

Tayto Park | Cú Chulainn Coaster | Gravity Group

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Hopefully the people heading to the media day will be able to shed some light on the pronunciation of the name! I cant be the only one that refers to this as the Chu Chu Train?

snes2

Roller Poster
11351484_966771253363859_8361317197081460794_n.jpg

Nice little entrance they have

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Chris_9933 said:
Hopefully the people heading to the media day will be able to shed some light on the pronunciation of the name! I cant be the only one that refers to this as the Chu Chu Train?

Ask Belfast_Conor. He's Irish and can give you the whole back story as to who Cú Chulainn was. It's a great story!

Ben

CF Legend
I'm genuinely surprised this opened I'll be honest haha.

It must be the first time in forever we've not seen any testing or anything for such a big coaster so close to home. Was sure they'd delay it.

Looks fab, v excited for August <3

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Two videos from YouTube, no full POV yet.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9fHMDAN6cc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM5t8SzGN7I[/youtube]

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Looks like a world class woodie! Loads of airtime moments and double downs as well as twists and turns. Hopefully this will change the perception of wooden coasters to some of the GP who think they are old fashioned and boring and encourage more to be built in the UK!

However any reporters who speak of an inversion either haven't seen the ride or are **** stupid!

Kebab

Giga Poster
The pacing looks phenomenal on this, genuinely can't wait to try this out. Seems a lot larger than I imagined too. Could be a Megafobia beater!

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Chris_9933 said:

Its pronounced "coo cullen" according to Alton Showers (who's Irish).

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Tayto Park have a world class coaster on their hands. This thing looks incredible and Gravity Group sure have stepped up their game once again!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crextbCWIlI[/youtube]

TilenB

Strata Poster
ECG said:
Chris_9933 said:
Chu Chu Train
Sounds legit :p

It's obviously Choo Choo Lane, duh...

As for the ride, it looks mightily good with some nice airtime over the hills. What happened to the inversion, though? Wasn't the word about it will have a corkscrew?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
TilenB said:
ECG said:
Chris_9933 said:
Chu Chu Train
Sounds legit :p

It's obviously Choo Choo Lane, duh...

As for the ride, it looks mightily good with some nice airtime over the hills. What happened to the inversion, though? Wasn't the word about it will have a corkscrew?
I always thought they were marketing the overbank as an inversion?

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Fantastic preview day yesterday, lots of free goodies and more crisps than I could eat in a lifetime!

The coaster is ace, really like the trains, which clamp you in but still give the sense of airtime. Speaking of airtime, it had a lot more than I was expecting it to. A good solid coaster, not up there with balder and Troy but definitely worth the visit.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WppWBUdvZOY[/youtube]

andrus

Giga Poster
^Is it smoth? It looked a bit shakey in the reverse POVs that I've watched. Which is a bit alarming considering it's a brand new ride...

Other than that I absolutely love the layout! Looks like there's airtime pretty much spread out everywhere along the ride :--D

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
It's as smooth as I expected it to be, got a bit of a rattle but nothing too bad. The "inversion" has quite a bad jolt to it but as far as I know they're working on it.

Most of the gopro footage (including mine above) was done by clamping the camera to the metal bar the runs from the sides to the back of the car, which isn't particularly stable, so there's a lot of vibration in the footage from that.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
This might just be the best woodie in Europe, from the looks of it. Super lengthy, filled with airtime, smooth yet it still looks wild and unpredictable!

nadroJ

CF Legend
I think it's one of the best woodies in Europe. Better than the likes of Wodan, not sure about if it's better than Troy yet but definitely better than Balder as it's just way more interesting. Loads of pops of airtime scattered around and a good bit of floater too. Bit jolty around the overbanked turn which is a shame but other than that it's solid and so much fun to ride!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What I loved about CC is that it's one big constant thrill. It doesn't let up!

Some woodies have boring sections or track or have a thrill element punctuating every 100 mtrs or so. CC maintains it's speed and thrills throughout. And it goes on and on and on! Just when you think it's finished, something else appears (until you get to the brake run, obvs).

It would easily make my top 5 woodies if I ever did a list. Including steel coasters, I'd rank it in the top 50 of my nearly 700 coasters...if I did a list beyond my top 10.